Life in America Sucks

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My point was about relative social mobility in different countries in a general way. Not spectacular individual examples. For example the chances of someone born into a lower class family becoming upper middle class in adulthood. The U.S. is not the leader in this. A number of other countries are better for that.

That's of course true.

The USA is still in the top thirty though, could be worse.

And the US has that benefit of freedom. You feel that freedom in the States. It's so refreshing. Coming from highly regulated countries like those in Europe, if you come to the US it actually feels free. It's quite wonderful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Social_Mobility_Index

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

Well at least refugees dont try to enter the US for Handouts and free Accommodation like our Snowflake Governments in Europe let em do. Then complain about em. You Americans Liberated Paris, now its full of Scumbag Aliens treating the Locals no better than Hitlers  Free Loaders.!.. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

OK boomer.  This was realistic 50 years ago, not now.  

Happening as we speak right now in my family.....

One daughter & husband bought an acre to put up their expansion shop building......

Another daughter & husband just bought/accessed 11 acres adjoining their current property to expand their business.....

Neither asked for assistance & both leverage their money carefully & neither move is mortgaged.....They may finance something along the way to get write offs on the interest - don't know....The gain would have to more than offset the expenditures.....

I'm sure they're not the only one's in the US.....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

America is no better and no worse than any other country.

This is where it begins.  OK, so he wants us to believe Syria, Libya, the Congo, Honduras, Afghanistan, Yemen.....all all NO WORSE than America.

I can't allow this.  lol.   Obesity.  Yea, OK... BUT 300+ million people and America WINS a lot of medals at the Olympics.   SE Asia has a problem, Underweight.  Who's healthier?  Both have bad diets, I'm sure.   But it takes more money to eat more.  Obesity is a problem in America, but the average person has way more money than a thin person in SE Asia.  So I don't obesity is the right argument, either.

America has tested around 4.5 million people, BUT you say Obesity is why there are a lot of cases.  Again.....the country has money to test.

so no cases in Laos......because they are healthier than Americans?  

America tries to test....get bashed by haters.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/25/2020 at 2:00 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

That is just some hype talkers because they have the fastest growing GDP lol.
Honestly do not get the OP his point unless he want to claim you have more chances if born in a poor country like Thailand, you would be stuck on a 10K job basically.

USA even offers easy credit for Americans and businesses that many other countries do not offer. Even in Europe we can only dream of that.
Actually the fact that so many people have money problems in the USA, is the greatest gift for doing business. Most millionaires were made during the great depression. 

I would not even know where to start if getting a green card but I do know of my American friends that I'd retire as a millionaire if not messing up myself.
401K, house value, cash savings. Most people hope to earn just 30-50K usd over a lifetime, specially in countries like TH. That's how easy it is for us.

I mean, if one just really wants, work a year in San Fransisco and stay in the crappiest studio room + eat cheap meals and you have at least 40K after 1 year.
Just a year of suffering to basically have enough to meet visa requirements or buy a cheap house or condo here for a lifetime.
Hell, even just 12K savings a year would be amazing already.

We get it, mommy's trust fund is working well for you

Edited by sukhumvitneon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Happening as we speak right now in my family.....

One daughter & husband bought an acre to put up their expansion shop building......

Another daughter & husband just bought/accessed 11 acres adjoining their current property to expand their business.....

Neither asked for assistance & both leverage their money carefully & neither move is mortgaged.....They may finance something along the way to get write offs on the interest - don't know....The gain would have to more than offset the expenditures.....

I'm sure they're not the only one's in the US.....

Going to go with "fake and gay" on this one

• Sad 2

I drove around the U.S.A, a lot ,about 40 years ago,

I could not believe the state of many places,bad

roads,rusting bridges,in some areas decrepit houses,

I suppose it has not changed much since then ?

The people were friendly enough,they seemed fascinated

by my accent, don't know how many times I was asked "Do you know the Queen."

Regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Going to go with "fake and gay" on this one

Well here you go spunketta - this is how they had to notarize the paperwork in this day & age...Walking into the drive through while the notary witnessed through the glass window.....Note the date - right in the middle of the CV window....

Save your stupid & gay remarks for when you're talking to yourself.....

IMG_20200426_162618.jpg

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Regards Worgeordie

Yes I do, we play poker every Sunday.

On 4/24/2020 at 1:46 AM, Muzzique said:

I lived in the USA for 6 years and you are 100% correct. Couldn't wait to leave. What a dump. 

The only thing you'll make big in the USA is your waistline eating all the Cr*p junk food that proliferates their diet.

It's a country in a big mess where the WASP's get rich and the minorities are trapped in the Ghetto's. 

Worst of all it's headed by a twerp with the arrogance of the Captain of the Titanic regards Coronavirus.

Dump? You must not have any money? 

Do you have $35 million for an ocean front mansion?

Do you consider that a dump?

• Confused 1

On 4/24/2020 at 2:00 AM, madmen said:

Married an American and worked in a GM position at a car dealership. Twice the hours for the same pay in oz , oh and forget weekends and work hours they own you , 14 hour shifts.. Couldn't think of anything I liked about the USA. We went back to oz

If you were the GM, who was forcing you to work all those hours?

Isn't the GM suppose to be the boss?

Car dealership positions are not that attractive maybe that's why they hired you in the first place.

High turnover rate.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 2:58 AM, Jingthing said:

Well class mobility in the US isn't the best and it isn't the worst either. But most Americans still seem to buy the myth that the USA is number 1 in that regard. It may have been in the past when peasant immigrants could get a big free land grant. But now it has among the most severe levels of inequality in the world. There is a massive underclass and levels of incarceration that you would expect in an authoritarianism dictatorship. Also the lack of a national health care system is a national shame. Oh well! 

And Thailand doesn't have a massive underclass and economic imbalance?

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 5:55 PM, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Amen to that. I’m looking to get my elite visa in a couple years and stay here as long as I can working from home. The USA is a <deleted>ty, rotten place, and I say this as an American who served in the coast guard for years. The state of the USA is embarrassing, with rampant obesity, opioid abuse thanks to big pharma mega corporations raking in money and profiting from the death of thousands of overdose and addiction victims, extreme wealth inequality and wage slavery.... I could go on, but I won’t.

I live like a king here and get treated well by the Thais. In my experience, some of the nicest people I’ve ever met, there’s no reason for me to go back to Burgerland. 

How much land did you say you owned?

Exactly!

They treat you so well you cannot even own any land in your own name.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 12:18 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Please tell that to the millions wanting in the US, I wonder why they want in so badly hmmmm?

I often wonder why we have 1000's and 1000's and 1000's of Thai's living here in Florida USA?

Every Thai food you could ever want is here.

Thai Temples? Here.

Thai Grocery stores? Here.

They all seem to own their own homes and have cars.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:33 AM, Sujo said:

Its called marketing. The US markets itself well. In my view most wanting to go live there are from third world countries. People from scandinavia and oz not so much.

Most people i know that visited thought it was ok. Most people i know that tried to live there didnt like it at all and left.

personally i have only been there once. I visited for 5 weeks work, but not work for a US company, im self employed. California, Ohio, Iowa, Michigan. I wanted out after 2 weeks. The people were nice, sometimes too nice, fake. But i just didnt like the place.

I wasnt looking to stay there fulltime, it was only a hit and run job but was offered a fulltime job which whilst attractive on its face i rejected. I would have accepted the same job if n asia or many other parts of the world but the US just isnt for me.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:47 AM, watthong said:

"Life in America Sucks". Start with A, now you can go down the alphabet. For those who are bored out of their brains there's plenty to go round.

Sucks to be poor in any country!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Regards Worgeordie

I guess you didn't drive by Donald Trump's house then did you?

36 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Thanks Donald for the $2400 stimulus check!

That's just the down payment on the $12,000.  Which you, your kids and their kids will be repaying in future taxes.

$2T stimulus is $6,000 per citizen.  And you just received 1/5 of that... The other 80% went to the 1%, who may allow a little bit to trickle down their legs to reach the rest of us.  Then we'll be paying them back for generations.  With interest.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 6:10 AM, Ventenio said:

house is worth about 30 million baht in America.  paid off years ago.  

Now explain to me how you can get that kind of money here?  

sure, i went to school, grad school, 15-years of chasing cash.... OK OK

Let me tell you what America is good at:

1.  clean air

2.  education

3.  all kinds of food

4. all kinds of women

5.  all kinds of space

6.  amazon, buy anything

7.  relatively safe

8.  military, not getting owned by another country

9.  proud

10.  confident

11.  good hospitals

12.  can do any job if you work at it

13.  patriotic

14.  on and on and on...

seems like you are NOT an American.   Send us your resume (CV).

I'll explain to you how you failed and why none of us care.  

To go on and create a NEGATIVE thread says Thailand doesn't want you either, i'm sure.  

1 through to 13 and especially 14, add the word 'los angeles' and please help me understand..... you know

Sorry if someone is having a bad day/week/year/life.  it is difficult anywhere to become wealthy if you don't come from wealth.  However - it does happen.  Most consider me wealthy.  I retired from the high tech industry in Silicon Valley at 42.  I've been retired playing golf and enjoying life since.  I did not start wealthy.  In fact, I was mixed up as a kid and dropped out of school at the age of 16.  

I got a HS equivalency at 18.  Attended college for one year (accomplished nothing).

Enrolled in technical trade school and graduated as an electronics technician.

Lucky me I am kinda clever.  Moved to California.  Got recruited by a startup company and my stock options went from 5 cents each to about $500 per.  Retired 23 years ago and am still solvent living on a golf course.

Yeah, I guess I was really lucky.  But many parts of the world it isn't possible to be lucky.  In the US it is.  Wish I could suggest someplace that offers more opportunity but honestly I can't think of one off the top of my head.  Best of luck.

• Like 2