Life in America Sucks

On 4/27/2020 at 4:46 AM, Cryingdick said:
On 4/27/2020 at 4:40 AM, bwpage3 said:

West Virginia or Isaan? What's the difference?

Small distinction but WV has toilets that flush. 

In Issan, septic-tank systems were installed with govt-grants, etc in recent decades.  I have heard it is still pretty rough up in the North-West (outside Chaing Mai), though.

But as to being replaced by immigrants who do the the SAME jobs they did before in their own country - yes - same, same.  Many Issan people had their construction-jobs in Bangkok and other large cities handed to lower-wage foreign-workers - just as I did a couple decades ago in the USA.  And, similarly, the rich push "they don't want those jobs" into the media, as the lying-excuse. 

When my wife and I needed a bit of work done in Issan, they were delighted to do "those jobs" again.  There was much discussion about what other country they had or could go to for more of "those" jobs.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, Jingthing said:

Wow. Sounds like you were saving up that vile anti-Semitic rant for a long time. Glad that have had some kind of release of those toxins here. Must be very relaxing.

Jew hating -- the mental disease that keeps on giving 

I don't hate any group.  I do hate hypocrisy, though.  I subscribe to MLK's "Dream Speech" philosophy.  Blaming "whitey" is both wrong AND, as I pointed out, highly-inaccurate.  If someone believes in going after the "priviledged,"  then "whitey" is the wrong target.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:13 AM, Mulambana said:

USA wants well educted, technical, magerial professionals. Docto's, lawyers, pharamcists, dentists, are also welcome.

... to flood those labor-sectors, so the labor-cost will be lower to the Elite.

Say that to any Indians who by the way earns twice the income of average caucasians and occupy the top positions in more than hundred top corporations.

And have displaced 1/2 of all recent American STEM grads from their careers, and knocked out over 2/3, overall.  Makes since to put them in the top positions as well, since the lower-level staff can "identify" with the boss. 

Of course, one can find some very smart cookies in a population of a Billion - unfortunately, most of those being imported are not as qualified as the Americans they replace.  In fact, they score lower in every category of measure as compared to their American counterparts.  The fact they are hired for above-median-wage jobs, and that blue-collar jobs have been driven into poverty by OTHER immigrants, does not change the dynamic at play.

Also thousands of hig earning manegerial positions and doctors, lawyers, pharamcists. etc. America is no place for Tom (plumber), Dick (truck driver), and Harry (brick layer) to migrate. 

It is no place for those who worked in those formerly decent-paying careers to even LIVE any more.  Maybe "barely exist," but that's it.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

I don't hate any group.  I do hate hypocrisy, though.  I subscribe to MLK's "Dream Speech" philosophy.  Blaming "whitey" is both wrong AND, as I pointed out, highly-inaccurate.  If someone believes in going after the "priviledged,"  then "whitey" is the wrong target.

So why don't  tell us what group you think people should blame for all the problems in the world. 

5 hours ago, JackThompson said:

... to flood those labor-sectors, so the labor-cost will be lower to the Elite.

And have displaced 1/2 of all recent American STEM grads from their careers, and knocked out over 2/3, overall.  Makes since to put them in the top positions as well, since the lower-level staff can "identify" with the boss. 

Of course, one can find some very smart cookies in a population of a Billion - unfortunately, most of those being imported are not as qualified as the Americans they replace.  In fact, they score lower in every category of measure as compared to their American counterparts.  The fact they are hired for above-median-wage jobs, and that blue-collar jobs have been driven into poverty by OTHER immigrants, does not change the dynamic at play.

It is no place for those who worked in those formerly decent-paying careers to even LIVE any more.  Maybe "barely exist," but that's it.

I work in a Fortune 50 company with 190,000 people worldwide.

We hire many from India to work here in Florida USA.

Since this is high-tech, most are extremely smart and well educated.

I have one Indian gal that works for me.

In exchange for the company sponsoring her for a "Green Card" (which has been 8 years already and she still does not have a green card), she works for $50,000 less per year than people doing the same job.

The real story in corporate America, is that it is all a numbers game to support share-holder dividends.

Our CEO makes US $46,000,000 a year plus bonus. He is able to hang on to that position by keeping the shareholders content with their dividends.

To do that, replace labor with skilled people from India, that work for much, much less.

Our building here in Florida is like working at the United Nations. Probably 50% of the people are foreigners. 

The interesting trend is white woman have taken over a larger majority of the executive jobs, and few foreigners rise above the rank of manager.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 4:01 AM, Cryingdick said:

I don't agree with switches, washing machines, appliances and cars.

You can buy any type of light switch you want and install it with out consulting the planning council. Now lets get to plugs the English ones as big as boat anchors with the plastic third prong to get it to work as it doesn't need to be grounded anyway. The Euro two prong plugs. Always fall out. American plugs are the best. Compact and do the job.

These days it's all moving towards smart switches, appliances and bulbs anyway.

Washing machines, I have a side by side washer and dryer. Maytag. Cleans clothes better than any Euro combo machine and dries them quickly. They are unsightly beasts but we have a separate room for them in America. In Europe your 2 children would sleep in it and the washing machine goes in the kitchen. That's where the dishwasher goes. Don't even try to compare a Euro Kitchen to an American one an average mobile home would have more amenities than a flat in London. 

Also America has ver generous return policies if you are unhappy. Maybe as a European you find a toilet that uses water to flush disturbing. Return it. 

Cars? Hmmm would rather drive my Chevy Equinox than some of the Pandas and such the average man in Europe drives. I don't roll around in a smart carte. On the higher end of the mid range I put Tesla against any BMW or Mercedes in that price range.

If you are thinking Ferrari or the like at that point who cares. It's personal taste at that point as price is no factor. I lived in Europe a long time and the average car real people drive is utterly horrendous. Renting a car they give you something that wouldn't be street legal here.

Price America wins here on ll of those items. Of course you can buy anything you want in either place money aside. 

Not being argumentative just amused by your observations. The main thing America offers not available in many places overseas especially Europe is dirt cheap land and plenty of it. Although I noticed France and Italy are much cheaper than one might think.

When you install double sinks and ovens we can discuss it further. ???? I can not stand one sink and no dish washer. One to wash one to rinse. Sprayer in the faucet to pre-clean. 

Ugh that turned out longer than expected. Anyway it was meant in humor.

So all you knowledge is from one Europe coundry UK. Coz all the things you say (not car issue) come from UK. All in modern world know UK live in Middle Ages in many ways! But don't talk like you know hole Europe if you have been in Big Ben few houers! Ok maybe you have visit Italy then you maybe notice all woman are beutiful not fat! They don't like big mac. Yes price's like my country Finland is high but you also get free healt care, free school, unemployed money for all, pension for all etc. And i can tell you we not put washing machine in kitchen. And almost all have Sauna.

Humor way also..... Anyway im in LOS :clap2:

11 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

So all you knowledge is from one Europe coundry UK. Coz all the things you say (not car issue) come from UK. All in modern world know UK live in Middle Ages in many ways! But don't talk like you know hole Europe if you have been in Big Ben few houers! Ok maybe you have visit Italy then you maybe notice all woman are beutiful not fat! They don't like big mac. Yes price's like my country Finland is high but you also get free healt care, free school, unemployed money for all, pension for all etc. And i can tell you we not put washing machine in kitchen. And almost all have Sauna.

I have lived in England, Ireland, The Netherlands, Poland, Germany. Total time in Europe over 10 years. Good enough? I even gave my opinion on the difference between British and European plugs. 

The town I come from in the USA is called Finland, Minnesota. Everybody has a sauna. Also I worked in a place some Finish show called Mad Adventures went. So it was overflowing with Finnish people.  The Finnish are either really fun to be around or completely worthless drunks. There isn't much in the middle.

Edited by Cryingdick

2 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

I have one Indian gal that works for me.

In exchange for the company sponsoring her for a "Green Card" (which has been 8 years already and she still does not have a green card), she works for $50,000 less per year than people doing the same job.

The real story in corporate America, is that it is all a numbers game to support share-holder dividends.

Our CEO makes US $46,000,000 a year plus bonus. He is able to hang on to that position by keeping the shareholders content with their dividends.

To do that, replace labor with skilled people from India, that work for much, much less.

Our building here in Florida is like working at the United Nations. Probably 50% of the people are foreigners. 

The interesting trend is white woman have taken over a larger majority of the executive jobs, and few foreigners rise above the rank of manager.

Well I pretty much know where you work now. 

15 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

U.S. does have shorter vacation benefits + you can travel from ocean, to alpine, to snow, to tropical, to desert & everything in between and still be in country....It's vast and accessible.....You could travel continuously for 5 years & still have a lot yet to see....

It's understandable why many would want to travel away from their postage stamp sized countries....Once explored then time to travel.....

Australia has all that yet they still like to travel to other countries. Many americans think the world ends at their border. They are certainly not adventurous.

4 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

i'm impressed if you actually read all through that post you commented on. I think that post just gave me my first case of ADHD. took me 5 times to read it after checking e-mails and doing the washing and building a new house and changing the oil on my bike and getting the water and picking the kids up and ….. and … and....

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

Australia has all that yet they still like to travel to other countries. Many americans think the world ends at their border. They are certainly not adventurous.

yep. I've travelled both sides of the continental divide, and most americans ask why? well why not? because I can?

On 4/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, Muzzique said:

I lived in the USA for 6 years and you are 100% correct. Couldn't wait to leave. What a dump. 

The only thing you'll make big in the USA is your waistline eating all the Cr*p junk food that proliferates their diet.

It's a country in a big mess where the WASP's get rich and the minorities are trapped in the Ghetto's. 

Worst of all it's headed by a twerp with the arrogance of the Captain of the Titanic regards Coronavirus.

WASPs? If you are not a member of the tribe, you are not going anywhere here. Usually people run away form their problems or their situation, but eventually it catches up with them and then there is nowhere to run.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:10 PM, Ventenio said:

house is worth about 30 million baht in America.  paid off years ago.  

Now explain to me how you can get that kind of money here?  

sure, i went to school, grad school, 15-years of chasing cash.... OK OK

Let me tell you what America is good at:

1.  clean air

2.  education

3.  all kinds of food

4. all kinds of women

5.  all kinds of space

6.  amazon, buy anything

7.  relatively safe

8.  military, not getting owned by another country

9.  proud

10.  confident

11.  good hospitals

12.  can do any job if you work at it

13.  patriotic

14.  on and on and on...

seems like you are NOT an American.   Send us your resume (CV).

I'll explain to you how you failed and why none of us care.  

To go on and create a NEGATIVE thread says Thailand doesn't want you either, i'm sure.  

You forgot to mention Joe Rogan.

On 4/25/2020 at 7:48 PM, Ventenio said:

This is where it begins.  OK, so he wants us to believe Syria, Libya, the Congo, Honduras, Afghanistan, Yemen.....all all NO WORSE than America.

I can't allow this.  lol.   Obesity.  Yea, OK... BUT 300+ million people and America WINS a lot of medals at the Olympics.   SE Asia has a problem, Underweight.  Who's healthier?  Both have bad diets, I'm sure.   But it takes more money to eat more.  Obesity is a problem in America, but the average person has way more money than a thin person in SE Asia.  So I don't obesity is the right argument, either.

America has tested around 4.5 million people, BUT you say Obesity is why there are a lot of cases.  Again.....the country has money to test.

so no cases in Laos......because they are healthier than Americans?  

America tries to test....get bashed by haters.  

Hmmmm, Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria, all thankful to the USA for bringing them the American democracy style. Maybe we should remember some countries in SE Asia that the USA tried to help too. So far nobody found the weapons of mass destruction. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 11:32 PM, worgeordie said:

I drove around the U.S.A, a lot ,about 40 years ago,

I could not believe the state of many places,bad

roads,rusting bridges,in some areas decrepit houses,

I suppose it has not changed much since then ?

The people were friendly enough,they seemed fascinated

by my accent, don't know how many times I was asked "Do you know the Queen."

Regards Worgeordie

In some areas we have so many homeless people. And they are not all black or brown.

On 4/26/2020 at 5:45 PM, bwpage3 said:

The USA has more millionaires than any other country in the world.

You need to be one to take care of your family in old age.  My wife and I have a net worth around a million USD (or did before this Covid thing and investment values). But that's do-able in the long term here in the USA and it's barely enough.  Be conservative.  We don't eat out, our pickup truck is 20 years old, etc.  But we can loan $8-10,000 USD to the Thai relatives we sponsored to come to the USA without balancing the checkbook. They love it here. (Brought 7, one went back due to a divorce.)

I was in the Peace Corps in Thailand 1977-99.  I would have stayed in Thailand but didn't know how I would earn a living. A couple of my wife's Thai friends/relatives in Loei did very well, multi-millionaires (dollars, not Baht). 

• Like 1

Seems to Me that im reading posts From Yanks who have done well and Malcontents who failed.No mater what Nation the reason for failing it is always the same here. Its Someone Elses Fault.!. Cant just be Me that has Chums here, say for example 2 Germans .One has luxury House Cars etc, but the other worries about exchange rates and bitches so much you leave your Beer. . An Area thing,but in My Area the older Brits definitely have the most disposable income.

14 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Yes - but in every study I have read, the Americans they replaced were better qualified - often having to train their replacements before being fired. 

14 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Yes - a form of Indentured-Servitude, with the threat of being returned to the nation her fellow-citizens created - versus reaping the benefits of the one we created for "ourselves and our progeny" (per our founding-documents).  One can say it's "not fair" she was born where she was - but it is also not "fair" to punish us for what people on the other side of the world did.  Let them follow our example (until recently) and improve their living conditions in their own country - in contrast to a tiny fraction (far less than 1%) of "lucky ones" being used as pawns to tear us down to a lowest-common-denominator.

Agree with all the rest - is about maximizing returns.  Corporations, traditionally, had to prove they were a net-benefit to the country, to continue operation.  Profits are fine, but the nation - specifically, the Citizens Of The Country the system should be designed to serve - must come first.    I support nationalist-capitalism because it provides a better result for regular folks than communism.   This is not the case with "internationalist" caplitalism.

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So why don't  tell us what group you think people should blame for all the problems in the world. 

A group cannot practice overt in-group-preference, while attacking/blaming another group who are the LEAST involved in this practice  as the culprits, and then demand not to be called-out for hypocrisy. 

Group-membership should be neither a Weapon NOR a Shield - should not be a reason to persecute, nor a way to avoid responsibility.  Either one believes in judging individuals - or not - but it cannot be "had both ways."

The "problems in the world" are created by individuals - often acting in concert - due to in-common vested interests.  That behavior is not limited to any particular ethnic-group.  Transnational Corporations, for example, have varied investors, who will act in-concert both with and without overt coordination, to seek a common-profit goal.

Edit: in another thread, I cited Stephen Miller (White House speechwriter / policy guy) as awesome.  In fact, he is by far my favorite person in the Trump WH.  Note he is Jewish.  As I said there, I only wish he was president, instead of (WASP) Trump.

Edited by JackThompson

27 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

A group cannot practice overt in-group-preference, while attacking/blaming another group who are the LEAST involved in this practice  as the culprits, and then demand not to be called-out for hypocrisy. 

Group-membership should be neither a Weapon NOR a Shield - should not be a reason to persecute, nor a way to avoid responsibility.  Either one believes in judging individuals - or not - but it cannot be "had both ways."

The "problems in the world" are created by individuals - often acting in concert - due to in-common vested interests.  That behavior is not limited to any particular ethnic-group.  Transnational Corporations, for example, have varied investors, who will act in-concert both with and without overt coordination, to seek a common-profit goal.

Edit: in another thread, I cited Stephen Miller (White House speechwriter / policy guy) as awesome.  In fact, he is by far my favorite person in the Trump WH.  Note he is Jewish.  As I said there, I only wish he was president, instead of (WASP) Trump.

Stephen Miller is one of the most notorious villains in American history. Yes he is Jewish but he's loved by white supremacist nationalists and disdained by the vast majority of American Jews. An extremely atypical Jew. 

Your game is transparent. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/05/stephen-miller-duke-donald-trump

HOW STEPHEN MILLER RODE WHITE RAGE FROM DUKE’S CAMPUS TO TRUMP’S WEST WING

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Stephen Miller is one of the most notorious villains in American history. Yes he is Jewish but he's loved by white supremacist nationalists and disdained by the vast majority of American Jews. An extremely atypical Jew. 

Your game is transparent. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/05/stephen-miller-duke-donald-trump

HOW STEPHEN MILLER RODE WHITE RAGE FROM DUKE’S CAMPUS TO TRUMP’S WEST WING

Stephen Miller has been consistent since he was in high-school.  To compare him to someone who overtly hates Jewish people like Miller is insane.  It just shows how far the globalists will go in illogic to label anyone whose immigration POLICIES they disagree with. 

Let's get to the point, that no one on your side of the argument wishes to answer.  How many immigrants per-year is acceptable, given Americans struggling to earn a survivable living?

On 4/26/2020 at 5:21 PM, Cryingdick said:

Today you can buy seriously cheap land and houses. Okay not your thing? There are amazing deals on stocks right now. Okay not your thing? Learn something in the fields of STEM and make good bank. Not your thing right? 

My Husband is British and makes good bank. We decided against going to the UK because if you think starting a business or owning a house is bad in the USA the UK is ridiculous. 

There is cheap land and houses here.  However they are generally:

In an area with no meaningful jobs or employment opportunities

In a place with intolerable weather

In a high crime area

But if you wish to own some dilapidated house, somewhere in middle of nowhere, USA, good for you.  I agree that US is better than Thailand in that regard.

I've lived in rust belt states all my life (NY, PA, OH)  The media crows about the cost of living here but it comes at a different price.  Pay for most jobs is substantially less, there are less amenities in the city, and the horrible weather leads to increased utility and maintenance costs on your house.  People don't fantasize about moving to OH for a reason.

Overall, the US is a dump.  Want to better yourself?  Get ready for 5 figure student debt.  No paid time off.  No parental leave.  No paid vacation. No free healthcare. It took a f*cking pandemic to get paid sick leave, but only if you get a nearly impossible to obtain Covid19 test here. 

• Like 2

Stephen Miller has been consistent since he was in high-school.  To compare him to someone who overtly hates Jewish people like Miller is insane.  It just shows how far the globalists will go in illogic to label anyone whose immigration POLICIES they disagree with. 

Let's get to the point, that no one on your side of the argument wishes to answer.  How many immigrants per-year is acceptable, given Americans struggling to earn a survivable living?

What a weird post. Comparing Miller to Miller? Same person. Was that a typo? 

I'm not going to get sucked into your disingenuous baiting game so don't bother. 

Given massive unemployment America doesn't need any immigrants coming to work for the next 2 years at least

• Like 1