Life in America Sucks

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Small distinction but WV has toilets that flush. 

But you need paper ... ???? ... I go with the bum gun any day ... Best invention ever (as long as its +20 deg outside ... 555).

I suppose if you asked anyone in a hardware store in WV for a bum gun ... You would get some very strange looks .. 555

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 12:44 PM, PatOngo said:

It's a land of opportunity, where "B" grade actors, peanut farmers, draft dodging Texans, dodgy land developers can reach the dizzying heights of POTUS!

Add 'communist organizers'  err...'community' to the Prez list.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

But you need paper ... ???? ... I go with the bum gun any day ... Best invention ever (as long as its +20 deg outside ... 555).

I suppose if you asked anyone in a hardware store in WV for a bum gun ... You would get some very strange looks .. 555

They are common in the USA. They were invented as sprayers that fit on sinks to spray and prewash dishes. These days the faucets themselves have detachable sprayers built in. 

Now if you want to get fancy you buy a Japanese toilet or if that is too much for around $300 you can get a bidet seat that offers most of the features.

I like the bum gun but I prefer the bidet in the seat. Warm seat and warm water. I also don't like the look of a crusty old rusty bum gun that you have to rescue from being dropped in a pool of urine in a public restroom. 

I appreciate the Thai version but it is a step down from other solutions that have been around long before the Thais were introduced to it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/bioBidet-Electric-Bidet-Seat-for-Elongated-Toilets-in-White-with-Fusion-Heating-Technology-HD-7000/309404961

Drying capabilities and self cleaning nozzle for the win. I think the more expensive ones even clean the toilet. $$$$

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I also don't like the look of a crusty old rusty bum gun that you have to rescue from being dropped in a pool of urine in a public restroom. 

We see the person who travels a lot in Thailand and who knows how to stop regularly at a gas station to take a few moments of rest and drink a coffee at the Amazon bistro

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

USA wants well educted, technical, magerial professionals. Docto's, lawyers, pharamcists, dentists, are also welcome. Say that to any Indians who by the way earns twice the income of average caucasians and occupy the top positions in more than hundred top corporations. Also thousands of hig earning manegerial positions and doctors, lawyers, pharamcists. etc. America is no place for Tom (plumber), Dick (truck driver), and Harry (brick layer) to migrate. 

This is true a good percentage of stocks I own have an Indian as the CEO. But don't let that get in the way of the OP crying about no opportunity in the USA. 

Edited by Cryingdick

What or how much does one need to be considered wealth? To be considered "well off", to be considered "comfortable"? 

How much cash on hand, real estate owned and other investments are required to obtain one of the status listed above.

32 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What or how much does one need to be considered wealth? To be considered "well off", to be considered "comfortable"? 

How much cash on hand, real estate owned and other investments are required to obtain one of the status listed above.

I think many things such as being able to fund an IPO and invited as an investor require $1,000,000 liquid. You can't add your car, gold teeth, wife, house etc.

The main emphasis is liquid as you can't count a house that hasn't been sold. Franchises like Mcdonalds and Arbys require $500K minimum. I believe in that case you also have to own the land to build on. 

Edited to add... called my accountant you can count your gold teeth if they are no longer connected to your head.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

I guess you didn't drive by Donald Trump's house then did you?

40 odd years ago ,who knew were he lived,or even who he was ,

I would not want to go anywhere near him,I expect he would

have been an @rsehole back then too.

regards Worgeordie 

41 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Hey Dick;

Thanks for the shout-out about Japan!  I've been here more than 20 years and it works for me.  You are right that the Japanese are very picky about who they let in the country, probably accounts for how well things run.

Given that, I am also a big fan of my American cousins. They have done many things well, aside from the obvious opportunities you get when living in a nation of more than 300 million people.

a/ the National Park System. America's best feature IMHO.  Millions of acres of beauty, well kept and managed, amazing. For only $80 you can get a yearly pass for everyone in your car to ALL of them. Bargain of the world.

b/ Charitable giving. Americans are the most charitable people in the world, both in money and in time. 

c/ Cheap and plentiful food.  Walk into any supermarket and you are blown away by the variety and quality of what is available. If I want to make a sandwich here in Japan, finding any meat other than ham or sausage is a chore. Or any bread other than white or perhaps wheat.  Go to Safeway and you have 50 kinds of meat, 50 kinds of bread, 50 kinds of cheese all at your fingertips. 

I have found many Europeans to be smug, sour, and self-righteous.  They have adopted the same bad habit as Canadians- always comparing themselves to Americans and looking for ways to feel superior.   

Add to National Parks national Forests. They are many times the least used section of a unique area and you are allowed to camp for free and gather wood in most places. You have to move every 2 weeks if I remember it's been awhile since I have done that much at one time. 

Visit Teton National Park and camp near it in the Teton National Forest.

Make a thread about Japan and I would be happy to contribute, I know many cool places over there.  I wouldn't even feel guilty as Japan is an island nation with it's own checks and balances to keep those that can not cope out.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Add to National Parks national Forests. They are many times the least used section of a unique area and you are allowed to camp for free and gather wood in most places. You have to move every 2 weeks if I remember it's been awhile since I have done that much at one time. 

Visit Teton National Park and camp near it in the Teton National Forest.

Make a thread about Japan and I would be habit to contribute, I wouldn't even feel guilty as Japan is an island nation with it's own checks and balances to keep those that can not cope out.

I guess we could include ALL federal land in what makes America Great. THe parks, national monuments, forests (national and state), plus all the land held by the Bureau of Land Management and Forestry Service...  all in all an amazing system that can be passed from generation to generation. 

The English? Ten national parks...... I fart in their general direction. Their largest would barely squeeze into the top 20 in America.  Not including national monuments, preserves, etc.  Some of which are larger than the country of Wales. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

I guess we could include ALL federal land in what makes America Great. THe parks, national monuments, forests (national and state), plus all the land held by the Bureau of Land Management and Forestry Service...  all in all an amazing system that can be passed from generation to generation. 

The English? Ten national parks...... I fart in their general direction. Their largest would barely squeeze into the top 20 in America.  Not including national monuments, preserves, etc.  Some of which are larger than the country of Wales. 

I made the mistake of going to the Lake District one time. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

always comparing themselves to Americans and looking for ways to feel superior.   

ok I snipped too much but couldn't be arsed to do it again.

self righteous. . . ? and all the rest of yr post. can I guess yr nationality. yep.

22 hours ago, rvaviator said:

in NV or TX you wouldn't have that luxury. the strange looks I mean...

22 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

They are common in the USA. They were invented as sprayers that fit on sinks to spray and prewash dishes. These days the faucets themselves have detachable sprayers built in. 

Now if you want to get fancy you buy a Japanese toilet or if that is too much for around $300 you can get a bidet seat that offers most of the features.

I like the bum gun but I prefer the bidet in the seat. Warm seat and warm water. I also don't like the look of a crusty old rusty bum gun that you have to rescue from being dropped in a pool of urine in a public restroom. 

I appreciate the Thai version but it is a step down from other solutions that have been around long before the Thais were introduced to it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/bioBidet-Electric-Bidet-Seat-for-Elongated-Toilets-in-White-with-Fusion-Heating-Technology-HD-7000/309404961

Drying capabilities and self cleaning nozzle for the win. I think the more expensive ones even clean the toilet. $$$$

Yes no question that a lot of R&D have gone into the development of trying to clean once back side. ???? .  I suppose we have to thank the French for the bidet.  Then I suppose its the Japanese who then took it to the next level with heated seats - self cleaning all singing all dancing toilets - Maybe they even have them with stool sampling and data analysis - Linked up to you home G5 smart hub  with Auto upload to your friendly health care provider.

No wonder we are getting soft in the west ... ????

Yes I am familiar with the pre-cleaning  of dishes type sprayer - But I have not seen many places in the US that have the 'bum gun' attached to the  toilet in the way you see in Asia. 

7 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Yes no question that a lot of R&D have gone into the development of trying to clean once back side. ???? .  I suppose we have to thank the French for the bidet.  Then I suppose its the Japanese who then took it to the next level with heated seats - self cleaning all singing all dancing toilets - Maybe they even have them with stool sampling and data analysis - Linked up to you home G5 smart hub  with Auto upload to your friendly health care provider.

No wonder we are getting soft in the west ... ????

Yes I am familiar with the pre-cleaning  of dishes type sprayer - But I have not seen many places in the US that have the 'bum gun' attached to the  toilet in the way you see in Asia. 

The European versions of bidets are medieval. One thing I noticed in certain countries is they love to have a "platter" in their toilets. Seems they like to examine their poop. The bidet is kind of like that. I have never used the Euro style bidet. Squat there and splash poop all over a tray. 

The sprayer never looked like it pointed upwards so presumably the correct way is too spray and use your hand? If so the Thai bucket and dipper is it's equal. Sorry that's just not refined enough.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:21 AM, Cryingdick said:

Today you can buy seriously cheap land and houses. Okay not your thing? There are amazing deals on stocks right now. Okay not your thing? Learn something in the fields of STEM and make good bank. Not your thing right? 

I am not a boomer I am mid 40s. The opportunity hasn't gone away. If you don't see it now you wouldn't have seen it back then anyway. Sounds like you took a vacation and now hate it back home. I have lived my entire adult life in foreign countries and just got back. I love it here. Owning land and a house is important to me though. You can't do that in Thailand.

My Husband is British and makes good bank. We decided against going to the UK because if you think starting a business or owning a house is bad in the USA the UK is ridiculous. 

Europe isn't any special discount to the USA. 

I think most Europeans and Brits are unhappy with their countries than Americans. Look at the numbers of them abroad. The majority of Americans don't bother with a passport. 

Many of the Americans you see on this site aren't really happy with Thailand either and search everyday for some magical place that doesn't exist to run to next. Those threads usually go 100 or more pages and nobody does anything more radical than say move to Cambodia. Because beer is cheaper and no questions asked visas. But mainly beer is cheaper.

The rest infest the world politics forum (you would be right at home there) posting 25-50 times a day about how terrible America is and seem obsessed with the topic although they are doing so much better in Thailand supposedly.

If you have anything going for yourself give Japan a try. That was my favorite place to live out of the many placesI have tried. One of the reasons I like it is that it isn't the easiest place to get into. So it makes for a better mix of expats and the locals wouldn't tolerate the behavior some have in Thailand. 

But opportunity wise if you hate America good luck out there in the world. If you think it is going to be easier to become well off in Denmark... haha okay go get 'er done tiger. 

Hmmmm.

You make a big statement here :

image.png.d8ec9f730ac204b11769aa34c89ae579.png

Maybe you see a lot of Europeans around the worlds because they are more adventures . 

Maybe the Americans do not travel very much outside US for a number of a number of reasons ..

Lower disposable income - Shorter paid holiday (Northern and central  Europe  30 days paid annual leave + public holiday - In America you have most things from an outdoor activity point of view. Winter / summer hot cold etc ...  (a bit like in France actually - and they are VERY much in love with France .. ???? ..) 

Sure the Brits like to complain about everything .. 555 ... that is just 'normal' ..  ???? ..

Just now, rvaviator said:

Hmmmm.

You make a big statement here :

image.png.d8ec9f730ac204b11769aa34c89ae579.png

Maybe you see a lot of Europeans around the worlds because they are more adventures . 

Maybe the Americans do not travel very much outside US for a number of a number of reasons ..

Lower disposable income - Shorter paid holiday (Northern and central  Europe  30 days paid annual leave + public holiday - In America you have most things from an outdoor activity point of view. Winter / summer hot cold etc ...  (a bit like in France actually - and they are VERY much in love with France .. ???? ..) 

Sure the Brits like to complain about everything .. 555 ... that is just 'normal' ..  ???? ..

The Brits in particular seem to be economic refugees. Americans are some of the world foremost explorers so not sure we lack a sense of adventure. We just seem happier in our own country.

7 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

well one thing has become clear we are all so concerned with the OP and his concerns that we have begun discussing poop as a more interesting distraction.

5555 ... Well any doctor will tell you that having a good stool is a good sign ... ???? ... Maybe should look at it more often.

10 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The Brits in particular seem to be economic refugees. Americans are some of the world foremost explorers so not sure we lack a sense of adventure. We just seem happier in our own country.

Well the Brits can not forget the Empire .. ???? ...  I was referring the 'average America' ...  Not sure what time period you are referring to regarding 'world foremost explorers' ...  I would argue that many of the 'modern explorer' are just  'fancy tourist' that  do not like to be called that ...

I think overall ... people who have a roof over there head .. a full tummy .. and a reasonable level of security they do feel content with were they live ... (some bitch more than others .. yes agree with that) ...

And yes most Americans that I have bumped into from all walks of life ... sure tend to be very upbeat and positive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

U.S. does have shorter vacation benefits + you can travel from ocean, to alpine, to snow, to tropical, to desert & everything in between and still be in country....It's vast and accessible.....You could travel continuously for 5 years & still have a lot yet to see....

It's understandable why many would want to travel away from their postage stamp sized countries....Once explored then time to travel.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jastheace said:

ok I snipped too much but couldn't be arsed to do it again.

self righteous. . . ? and all the rest of yr post. can I guess yr nationality. yep.

Yep, you got me. I'm from Canada. Busted...

My fellow Canuckistanians have a bad habit of simultaneously sneering at Americans, and also comparing themselves to them. It smacks of insecurity and jealously.  

Sound familiar?

• Like 1