TransferWise Delays?

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

No one else has flagged up this problem of yours and I'm pretty sure that if there was a wide spread issue we'd have heard about it.

Also never a glitch for me (from German/Belgian account to Bangkok Bank).

Next transfer pending. If there is a problem I will not know before May 5 (estimated day of arrival).

Edited by KhunBENQ

Are all TransferWise transfers now being coded as foreign transfers? Immigration officers need to see that the money is from a foreign source.

Last year I saw some threads about how some TransferWise transfers are coded as domestic transfers.

Hope this isn't happening anymore.

As a heads-up, I read today in the TransferWise official FB group that due to a regulatory issue with Thailand (and Malaysia), TW will need to cease doing transfers for customers with Thailand (or Malaysia) verified addresses. It's certainly late notice and I haven't yet received a formal notification from them advising of this, but they are saying in their FB group that the last day that you can do THB transfers, if you are registered/verified with a Thailand address, will be 14th May. 

However, if your verified address is overseas (e.g., EU, UK, US, Canada, Aust &NZ, SG etc.) then you can continue doing THB transfers as is.

For those affected, the solution would be to request TW to verify an overseas address, if you have one.

image.png.a02fad2343a886ce493ee63d7fa2d3a7.png

Edited by mark5335

Below 8 Apr 2020 Transferwise article is interesting.....talks "instant transfers" with instant being around 20 seconds.  Even talks receiving via PromptPay.   

You will see the instant transfer is basically when using a card to fund the transfer or you instantly push money to Transferwise....and the country you are sending from.  Little surprised a person's Bordlerless Acct don't rate instant transfer. 

I sure know my USD-THB transfers have never been instant, but if I initiate the transfer by 9:30am Thailand time "and" fund the transfer from my borderless acct then I do receive the THB around 2pm same day.  But if I fund via Bank Debit (ACH) then I get it next business day.  Never tried using a debit/credit card due to the much higher transfer fees.

https://transferwise.com/sg/blog/instant-transfers-to-thb-pkr-lkr?&utm_medium=organic_social&utm_source=Facebook_default&utm_campaign=AsiaProduct&utm_content=43971_InstantPKRTHBLKR