New Thai Medical Cannabis Grow License.

2 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Yes, and we have.

Can't be a pure landrace strain must be crossed with an earlier finisher or its a very rare phenotype

Also my wife is wondering what happened to the "thai household can grow 6 plants" law? Is this likely to happen any time soon as the wife is growing impatient. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Can't be a pure landrace strain must be crossed with an earlier finisher or its a very rare phenotype

Also my wife is wondering what happened to the "thai household can grow 6 plants" law? Is this likely to happen any time soon as the wife is growing impatient. 

I don't see the 6 plants happening any time soon.

One of the biggest problem that I see is the processing the cannabis/hemp flower into oil, once everything opens up and everyone is growing... who is going to make the oil?

We have had meeting with the FDA about this back in Octobet 2019, and my idea was to use one company who could handle all the cannabis/hemp in Thailand.

Radient Inc. is the only company in the world that can do 10 metric tons per day, and they can process oil in mins with there technology. So before you start growing,

you need to ask who is going the do the processing of the flower?

7 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

One of the biggest problem that I see is the processing the cannabis/hemp flower into oil, once everything opens up and everyone is growing... who is going to make the oil?

We have had meeting with the FDA about this back in Octobet 2019, and my idea was to use one company who could handle all the cannabis/hemp in Thailand.

Radient Inc. is the only company in the world that can do 10 metric tons per day, and they can process oil in mins with there technology. So before you start growing,

you need to ask who is going the do the processing of the flower?

I would think most people who use cannabis for whatever reason are not interested in oil and most want high THC flower ... If the governments only interest is in low THC/high CBD oil, personally I don't really see the point. Especially since friends tell me, its already pretty easy to find all kinds of indoor hybrids in Thailand.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Yeah that's not going to happend this year for sure and unlikely next year aswell. 

On 4/26/2020 at 8:41 AM, doggie1955 said:

On owning 33%, Yes it is true... The Thai National Farmers Council is trying to grow cannabis, one of the biggest problems the Thai's are having is that they do not have any

Master Growers work or teaching them how to grow the right way. Some of the problems has been growing in soil with high levels of heavy metals, bugs, unsafe pesticides,

using the right lights, building the right greenhouses, water, more bugs... well I can go on and on, but I will leave it here.

I have been told by Thai's that they have the best cannabis and hemp in the world right here in Thailand... lol

aurora is bunk that i wouldn't even feed to my dog. he actually likes to get high.

and as always within the ganja community. 

everyone is the best grower. everyone knows that guy. everyone has access to something you don't. everyone is an expert grower and basically wrote the cannabis bible. 

bla bla bla bla 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hempseedman said:

I’ve seen where they grow it though one of their locations and they are professionals!!! They know what they’re doing!! I spent some time puffing with them as well one night without saying more than that. 

so you know the best grower and get the best stuff. refer back to comment 48.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hempseedman said:

What I occasionally do as I did last night and probably again today soon is I make a healthy fruit smoothie and I say “screw it, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere” and then I drop in two whole bottles of hempseed oil and blend it up till it’s nice and enthused. Well maybe more than occasionally lately ????. I’m serious by the way I’m not kidding. 

wait a second.

was it thc oil you consumed 2 full bottles of ? you are sourcing hempseed oil ? 

i am genuinely confused.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 9:00 PM, Evolare said:

I'm sorry but your sadly misinformed on this,

They actually have several Master growers (both Thai and Farang) and the plot they grow on has been under organic operation for over 25 years and had zero heavy metals, no residuals of any harmful pesticides or fungicides. I know this because i'm the one who tested their soils and their potting medium they use in the greenhouse. Nor do they use any unsafe pesticides. We supplied most of the organic nutrients for their grow except for some things like wormcastings, woodvinegar and the compostteas that their mastergrowers with team produces themself. Not only that their first harvest was donated for free for the Hospital that they supply. Not a bad first harvest either I might say.

The only issue they had with their soils was some elements were out of balance and had some deficiencies but its in the top 5 of all soils I have tested in Thailand and 1 out of 32 that was free of any heavy metals, (yes I have a database where I store all the soil data). last year we tested about 150 farms.

legit question

i haven't look into it yet but does the pm2.5 issue come into play on the outdoor farms here. i can't imagine the crazy pm levels at certain times of the year wouldn't have some effect on the bud. is there a way to test that ? i know you said they have greenhouses but this question came to mind a few weeks ago. 

Sonication for better extraction. Cheaper and cleaner product. The oil falls out into the solvent. Control temperature for different fractions. Cold for CBD and slightly higher temps for higher THC. So initially a cold extraction to remove CBD and then a higher temp for the THC.

5 minutes ago, Hempseedman said:

Two bottles makes me trip for at least 8 to 12 hours straight. One drop only lasts about 4 to 6 hours. One bottle is more than enough but two is like an acid trip or something ????.  Not everyone can get the stuff I have access to I don’t think they can maybe at a particular hospital you can. Without saying too much I’m getting mine directly from the people who make it. 

i think your numbers are a bit off there my friend. a whole bottle only has double the effect that a single drop does ? the thc concentration in those doses would be vastly different.

just saying.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Hempseedman said:

I’ve never actually seen them make it but I visited them once and got pretty stoned with them one night. 

The Chinese developed the tech. Going to be hard to compete against those boys when it comes to extraction. Technology, scale and they manufacture the equipment. Plus government financial assistance and deep connections throughout the Thai business community.

3 minutes ago, connda said:

It would be typical Thailand.  Make the rich richer and toss the poor under the bus.  This whole 'medical marijuana' dog and pony show is a huge joke.  The rich wanted a cut of the global market and the government acquiesced.  They'd rather pull their own fingernails out than let average Thai access to cannabis or kratom.  Plebs must not be allowed to ease their own suffering.  Look at the present.  Thai governors obtained dictatorial powers and suddenly alcohol is banned in half the country.  Plebs must not be allowed to ease their own suffering.  Don't expect to see plebs allowed to grow their own.  The only access will be products manufactured by the rich in order to make a killing in a newly opened market that has draconian controls.  

and i'm sure with how things are here that the products being put out by said companies will pass all and any safety and quality standard testing. all testing will be legit and above board. 

considering some of the things i have read about other countries and testing it will be fun to watch what happens here. 

With 800 growers licences being issued I would imagine that it's for export mainly as what's happened in many places even with recreational use the market gets flooded pretty quickly the price drops to where it's only those that perform the best and have the best quality will survive.It ends up being a very competitive market.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

With 800 growers licences being issued I would imagine that it's for export mainly as what's happened in many places even with recreational use the market gets flooded pretty quickly the price drops to where it's only those that perform the best and have the best quality will survive.It ends up being a very competitive market.

Not seen much in the way of price drops.

The legal outlets in most countries are so overtaxed, over-regulated and over-priced, that it's cheaper to buy illegal weed.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kevinsan said:

The Chinese developed the tech. Going to be hard to compete against those boys when it comes to extraction. Technology, scale and they manufacture the equipment. Plus government financial assistance and deep connections throughout the Thai business community.

WHAT!   The Chinese???  lol

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not seen much in the way of price drops.

The legal outlets in most countries are so overtaxed, over-regulated and over-priced, that it's cheaper to buy illegal weed.

I was assuming that it was legal to grow one's own in these countries and wondered why anyone would actually buy it.I think in OZ it's still about $300 AUD an oz. which but I don't actually know what it sells for in the legal countries elsewhere,any ideas on prices in these countries?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I was assuming that it was legal to grow one's own in these countries and wondered why anyone would actually buy it.I think in OZ it's still about $300 AUD an oz. which but I don't actually know what it sells for in the legal countries elsewhere,any ideas on prices in these countries?

$10 for 1/2oz in Cambodia and Vietnam (Thai brick).

Canada online prices $250/oz.  https://herbapproach.com/product/gelato-strain/

Edited by BritManToo

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

$10 for 1/2oz in Cambodia and Vietnam (Thai brick).

Canada online prices $250/oz.  https://herbapproach.com/product/gelato-strain/

So maybe the price has only dropped for the legal growers?Must be time to move to Cambodia or Vietnam then.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

Police break up marijuana production, delivery operation

May 05. 2020
800_7af2e6742a7779e.jpg?v=1588680964
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

The Metropolitan Police on Tuesday (May 5) zeroed in on cannabis production and delivery business in Bangkok’s Ramkhamhaeng area, arresting 12 people including one Hong Kong national.

Police also found 317 marijuana plants in a 4-storey building located in Ramkhamhaeng Soi 27. The building had a small greenhouse with temperature-control equipment.

The business was tracked down via a Line group called “Heaven Herb”, through which orders could be placed and delivered by delivery persons wearing uniforms similar to those of other delivery companies.

The Hong Konger, meanwhile, was arrested in Ayutthaya province with a kilogram of magic mushrooms and 327 cannabis plants.

He confessed that he had been dealing in marijuana for three years now, adding that the greenhouse can produce 10 kilograms of cannabis a month worth millions of baht.

The detainees have been charged with possessing and selling drugs.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387341?utm_source=homepage_hilight&utm_medium=internal_referral

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2020 at 1:57 PM, Evolare said:

You would be happy to know Our largest hobby farmer here in Thailand operates over 3000 rai.

We actually have something around 270.000rai of hobby farmers as customers.

And my family has been running a 1.800 rai hobby farm back home since 1984. With hobby cows, hobby chicken and hobby pigs.

It's a good hobby. And we sell up to 3000 tons of hobby products every month.

Even companies like PepsiCo ask us for our advice now as we have expertise in hobby farming and helped one of their hobby contractors to double their yield in 1 year. 

Actually we have so many hobby success stories where we have increased yields for hobby farmers with hobby practices. 

We use science based methods with hobby inputs but our system can be done with chemicals also if things like most fungicides, urea and most same value NPK type fertilizers are excluded.

????

Lol....excellent reply 

On 4/26/2020 at 8:49 AM, BritManToo said:

Not sure a Canadian company grow is the best example to use.

I'm told (by Canadians) they produce the worst product available, and all the Canadians prefer to buy black market from home grows. There's many news stories about Canadian dispensaries going broke because they're only allowed to sell products nobody wants to buy.

bs