Govt can consider reopening some virus free districts, says expert

snoop1130

7 hours ago, Sharp said:

Well its a good job all the new stats coming out around the world are showing this Panic,Demic, is no more prevalent than normal Flu or Influenza.

Never was and never will be! It's all about control of the people! Nothing to do with the virus

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

All the more reason, then, to have a flu shot.

Flu shot? don't they make you test positive for CV19 and lower your resistance?

Many are laughing at Trumps idiotic statement re injecting "disinfectant" are these the same people lining up for the Flu jab that contains at least two disinfectants? do people ask what they are being injected with or read the label? ????

23 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I still see many on this forum, who miss their bar, or restaurant, and will go on about

comparing the virus to other flues, or rant on about traffic deaths, that are

way down by the way, but I am just glad that my family, friends and I have still got

our health. I have lost a couple of friends to the virus, so I do not think

Covid is weak or harmless.  I will avoid America for at least 2 years, just like Thailand.

Just being cautious, and am closer to broke as well.

Geezer

Where about are you to feel that safe?????

14 hours ago, CGW said:

Flu shot? don't they make you test positive for CV19 and lower your resistance?

Many are laughing at Trumps idiotic statement re injecting "disinfectant" are these the same people lining up for the Flu jab that contains at least two disinfectants? do people ask what they are being injected with or read the label? ????

Only if it's JW Black Label. 5555555555

19 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Perhaps the answer is to set up mass testing stations at schools. This would at least enable households with an infected child to isolate him or her, as far as possible, from other family members.

Or just isolate the elderly and vulnerable, as has been suggested many times... Let the young, fit and healthy get back to keeping the economy alive..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yourauntbob said:

It amazes me they would consider keeping areas closed that have no known cases.  What possibly could be the point in that.

Possibly not to let it in?

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 9:12 AM, Sharp said:

Well its a good job all the new stats coming out around the world are showing this Panic,Demic, is no more prevalent than normal Flu or Influenza.

Because extraordinary measures were taken to make it that way

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, CGW said:

Ain't that the truth! but the measures they will impose due to this "event" will never be rescinded! Further enslaving the masses! 

Many will never recover, the unrecorded "collateral" same! 

Sometimes I feel sad to be a part of the human race and the sheer stupidity & evil! 

Opting out of the race is always an option but membership in the balcony flying club seems to be a short lived experience.

On 4/25/2020 at 9:06 AM, d2b2 said:

The districts that are virus free won’t remain that way for long after they open them up. 
Bangkokians who are bored or feeling confined are still coming to Hua Hin now, despite the lockdown. The guidelines are being ignored by some for no reason above selfishness. If the areas outside Bangkok open, I foresee only more of them fleeing the confines of Bangkok for reckless mini vacation.

Yes.

The way to go is a strict lockdown.

People locked down

Get sick recover

Get sick die

Never get sick.

If enforced ruthlessly for 6 weeks universally it should be enough to ensure every household is "clean" or at the very least the numbers are manageable in a systemic reopening.

Those who cheat are not only endangering themselves and others, they're destroying the whole process.

That is the answer unfortunately.

Accept draconian measures for a short time now or lose control again later and have to accept them anyway.

But if the government is going to impose those measures they need to ensure that people can survive them.

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Or just isolate the elderly and vulnerable, as has been suggested many times... Let the young, fit and healthy get back to keeping the economy alive..

How about the government forking out to offer old folk the option of an extended isolation "holiday" in some of those empty ritzy resorts and hotels deserted by tourists?

Probably cost a lot less, in the end, than putting thousands of us on ventilators and other costly lifesaving equipment in already-overstretched state hospitals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

How about the government forking out to offer old folk the option of an extended isolation "holiday" in some of those empty ritzy resorts and hotels deserted by tourists?

That sounds like a very good idea... But would cost the government money, which it appears they don't have !!

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

That sounds like a very good idea... But would cost the government money, which it appears they don't have !!

Less than it would cost if thousands of us ended up on ventilators in ICU wards? Doubt it.

I live in a city in Alberta Canada, where there are still many cases of the virus, and

too many people have died.  I stayed in my basement for 3 weeks isolation, and still

wear a mask and gloves, when I go out in public to shop. I am just glad that I

do not live in the Eastern part of the USA, or in a bad hot spot where people

are protesting, or gathering in large groups.  I do miss the old lifestyle, but will

adapt to what ever it takes to survive the future.

Geezer

On 4/26/2020 at 8:34 AM, cornishcarlos said:

My young, healthy friend died in Maui two weeks ago of Covid 19. It isn't just the elderly and predisposed. Everyone is vulnerable.

My friend was under 50, fit and no underlying health problems. Does that sound like anyone you love?

36 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

My young, healthy friend died in Maui two weeks ago of Covid 19. It isn't just the elderly and predisposed. Everyone is vulnerable.

My friend was under 50, fit and no underlying health problems. Does that sound like anyone you love?

I'm sorry you lost a friend.

Did he have an autopsy ? 

On 4/26/2020 at 12:20 PM, Psychic said:

Yes.

The way to go is a strict lockdown.

People locked down

Get sick recover

Get sick die

Never get sick.

If enforced ruthlessly for 6 weeks universally it should be enough to ensure every household is "clean" or at the very least the numbers are manageable in a systemic reopening.

Those who cheat are not only endangering themselves and others, they're destroying the whole process.

That is the answer unfortunately.

Accept draconian measures for a short time now or lose control again later and have to accept them anyway.

But if the government is going to impose those measures they need to ensure that people can survive them.

How lovely to see the locals clearly following the Government's guidelines to stay at home over the six-day holiday weekend! Where are all these wonderful traffic policeman to check drivers going between provinces. Have they all gone home for the weekend? There will be more deaths on the roads during this period than the total (54) for the current virus, which has not met the definition of epidemic proportions for the Kingdom of Thailand.