Limited domestic travel may be allowed after lockdown restrictions eased

rooster59

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Any of the barbers that the members of the Thai Cabinet use should be OK. They are always well groomed so the illegal hairdressers they use must employ barbers with two meter long arms

Impossible to get an appointment. The famous and highly skilled 'long arm' barbers are extraordinarily busy right now...as all cabinet members have to get their hair dyed three times a day.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

"we will make preparations to welcome tourists."

"He made his remarks after a meeting with Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul" 

I presume "tourists" in this case does not include "dirty unwashed farangs"?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

chomping at the bit 

TAT - lets get tourist attractions open ASAP

Be fair - it's his job! And TAT have obviously been VERY quiet recently regarding the number of tourists visiting Thailand ("The figures show an increase of XX% over the same period last month/year")

Give it a couple of months and the "false news" will be back in full swing again!

I live in small village  province buriram my wife and our son were planning to drive to rayong to help her sister who has bought a new house with moving in and sorting the house out, yesterday we were told by  the boss of village I need a stamp in passport and wife needs stamp in ID card, we have large garden koi carp pond 2 dogs and many chickens my wife had arranged for family member to look after everything while we were away but she can only stay 2 weeks I explained I would return on my own to look after everything now have been told I cant self isolate in my own house to look after everything and will have to quarantine in a government place for 2 weeks hence everything will die, what a crock of <deleted> <deleted> off is a understatement , I can understand some of these restrictions but not being allowed to return and self isolate and look after your own property, end of rant.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, CM Dad said:

Barber shops please.

Couldn’t find a barbers myself so invested in a trimmer from Mr DIY  in ubon,. I’m lucky that I’m at that age when a crew cut works well only 500 baht,.cheaper ones for about 300 baht but not cordless????

14 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

My tourist visits to Thailand typically involve

Hitting a clean beach (used to be OK with Jomtien) but now will head to Hua Hin, Cha Am, or Phuket Karon or Kamala.

Every now and then a gogo to sit and chill.  Not a big disco guy so places like Lucifer's on walking street get a pass.  Sometimes I stop into that first bar that plays Issan music which I like

A stop in to a pool hall now and then.  Get some food while playing with the staff.

Love a trip or two on a day bus ride say Pattya to Khorat, or Bangok to Sukhothai

Want to take a boat ride or even regular ferry in Bangkok.  15 trips just did not get around to it

Most of time in Pattaya as a base of operations.  It is just easy and cheap and plenty of food places from all over that I like, both western and Thai and sushi, etc.

Love a day at places like Nong Nooch, or the Dusit zoo in bangkok was great.

Love a day lounging and splashing around the hotel pool. 

Hook up with a "tour guide" and take things from there

Love to visit Thai Temples, meditate, reflect on life as I have reached semi retirement age.

Foot massage very often.  Oil massage often depending on how the day's schedule went. 

Don't mind a stroll down Nana and stop in for a beer here and there for a look see.

Don't mind a stroll down walking street either

Like a movie now and then if a hot day, or if out on a date

There are so many parts of the country I have not seen yet, so I know I will check out Udon Thani on my next trip.

I like a decent quality hotel.  My needs are modest, but I do want a place with a comfortable piece of furniture like a reclining chair or something.  Plain Jane hotels with simple wooden chair just doesn't do it for me. 

So give me a decent hotel price on a weekly rate and you get this tourist back. Oh and no extra insurance requirements, no extra paper work, or certifications. I would be going on a visa exempt with a 30 day extension or a 60 day SETV and then get a 30 day extension.  My free time is increasing as I move into semi retirement

Basically I go for vacation and not to kill my self by burning the candle at both ends.  Not looking for the perfect match or the future wife, but one never knows.  Being lazy, and hating paperwork and dealing with USA government agencies, I have a hard time thinking that I would put up with all the immigration stuff needed to try and get a Thai back here.

Truly fascinating. Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sangtip2 said:

Let me know when I can buy a beer to take home and drink when I want to .

Any time you want at Mar and Pop shops, if they still have stock, if not wait a day or 2 until new stock arrives. no probs so far ????

On 4/26/2020 at 6:51 AM, rooster59 said:

He made his remarks after a meeting with Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and related authorities on Friday (April 24) to discuss preparations if the government eases lockdown measures in some provinces.

Where's your <deleted> mask?