Thailand reports 15 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

rooster59

14 minutes ago, smedly said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/nyregion/coronavirus-antibodies-test-ny.html

very interesting data about actual infected numbers using a random antibody test

look up Dr John Campbell (youtube) on the 24th April for a good explanation of the data

This testing shows that COVID is far more widespread and less lethal than experts were saying a month ago with a mortality rate of between 0.7-1.2%

14 minutes ago, Yinn said:

What about TM30, immigration BMW, TAT number, overstay fine?

being a thai are there any fresh ideas or possible roads to solution you can offer up regarding these ongoing issues ? or just snide remarks ?

Worrying statistic. No testing no find.

After testing 2,300 inmates for the coronavirus, they were shocked. Of the 2,028 who tested positive, close to 95% had no symptoms.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-prisons-testing-in/in-four-us-state-prisons-nearly-3300-inmates-test-positive-for-coronavirus-96-without-symptoms-idUSKCN2270RX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw an article in which the WHO made the following statements and is warning that people who have had coronavirus are not necessarily immune by the presence of antibodies from getting the virus again.

that is being questioned in very high places as to why they would make such a stupid statement 

16 minutes ago, mr mr said:

being a thai are there any fresh ideas or possible roads to solution you can offer up regarding these ongoing issues ? or just snide remarks ?

pot. kettle. black. ????

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Worrying statistic. No testing no find.

After testing 2,300 inmates for the coronavirus, they were shocked. Of the 2,028 who tested positive, close to 95% had no symptoms.

so Like I and most sensible people have been saying for weeks - Temp screening is absolutely pointless - what Thailand refers to as Testing

be very careful out there guys - this virus is lethal and you do not want to get near it if you are in an at risk group, also take a look at the confusing discussions going right now about hypertension medications - the ACE Type like Losartan, surely in somewhere like Italy France UK and Germany they could cross reference those that died and were using these medications, I suspect Thai people are prescribed cheaper medications to treat Hypertension

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Susco said:

So you think people that have died are tested?

If they aren't tested alive, why you think they will when they have passed away?

They NEED to test / check the bodies to find the reason for passing away...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Not really relevant but an interesting stat:

The infected rate is almost exactly 1% of the road accidents

The death rate is almost exactly 1% of the road accidents

January to 2,922 cases and 51 deaths. (Covid)

Annual Data year 2020 Injuries 318,020 Person(s) Deaths 5,082 (Road)

it is relevant

compare the measures taken here with whats done to reduce the horrifically high road toll and Its easier to stop that than imposing social isolation, just ban cars and motorbikes ????

36 minutes ago, smedly said:

This testing shows that COVID is far more widespread and less lethal than experts were saying a month ago with a mortality rate of between 0.7-1.2%

And also indicates it is far less serious. See post #40 showing 95% asymptomatic. I saw another reference from Philippines: 53 of 55 positives were asymptomatic or very mild. 

23 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

pot. kettle. black. ????

i am not thai so my suggestions will be dismissed in this country. plus no one asked me to put forward solutions so there's that.

are you sure the kettle is even on the burner ? lol

Not testing "aggressively" allows them to keep the reported number of infections down while hoping that those who may be infected are able to recover (without going to a hospital).

In a recent article about Sweden's coronavirus strategy, it was noted that they too do not "test aggressively" and in fact only test those people with the most severe symptoms. As a result, their number of (reported) infections is low, but their mortality rate is high.

Sweden decided to do things differently than most of the world, including their Scandinavian neighbours, by not locking down the country. In fact, about all they did was ban gatherings of more than 50 people. Schools, bars, restaurants and parks are still open like normal.

One government study suggested that by May, 1/3rd of Sweden's population could be infected. The government then revised that number and said it was more like "only" 26%. However, other scientists think it could be as high as 50% !
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/has-sweden-got-its-coronavirus-science-right/ar-BB13aHiB

Which wouldn't be a problem - if they kept it in Sweden. But what happens when other countries get their infection rates under control, relax their restrictions and then get hit with waves of infected Swedes travelling everywhere, probably not even knowing they are infected because their government isn't "aggressively testing" anyone ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

But what happens when other countries get their infection rates under control, relax their restrictions and then get hit with waves of infected Swedes travelling everywhere, probably not even knowing they are infected because their government isn't "aggressively testing" anyone ?

Nobody will board an international flight without a covid test, two ways.

Of course, upon return back to home country, local authorities might see an issue with silly "fit to fly certificates" issued by Thailand, so it remains to be seen how that issue will be addressed.

There was a case of a traveller repatriating from Thailand to Hong Kong, supposedly tested negative when he left Thailand and positive when arriving in Hong Kong, and I don't really think he got positive on the 3 hour flight.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, smedly said:

so Like I and most sensible people have been saying for weeks - Temp screening is absolutely pointless - what Thailand refers to as Testing

be very careful out there guys - this virus is lethal and you do not want to get near it if you are in an at risk group, also take a look at the confusing discussions going right now about hypertension medications - the ACE Type like Losartan, surely in somewhere like Italy France UK and Germany they could cross reference those that died and were using these medications, I suspect Thai people are prescribed cheaper medications to treat Hypertension

Your reply is from a 95 % of cases are asymptomatic. It is becoming very evident that only those at risk have many unhealthy cofactors. 

3 minutes ago, jimn said:

As of yesterday 142,589 Source

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Its you living in fantasy world unfortinately.

Worldometers!!! 

You need to wake up and smell the coffee

They use thaienquirer.com as their source for Thailand????????????which is a two bit website with ONLY 3,000 likes on FB

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/situation.php

43 minutes ago, smedly said:

My understanding is that Temp testing is not counted as tested.