Phuket’s ScubaNicks steps up for Rawai Food Relief

webfact

Phuket’s ScubaNicks steps up for Rawai Food Relief

By The Phuket News

1587898117_1-org.jpg

ScubaNicks’ Rawai Food Relief project has delivered more than 3,000 food bags to impoverished communities in the south of the island in just 13 days. Photo: Nick Fawcus-Robinson

PHUKET: Local dive operator ScubaNicks has stepped up to provide more than 3,000 food bags to people in need in Rawai, at the southern end of the island, in just 13 days.

The move comes as at least dozens of groups across the island are stepping up to help people left without any income due to the COVID-19 “lockdown” restrictions, which has seen entire industries in Phuket shut down to prevent the spread of the virus, leaving many people without work.

Long-term Phuket expat and founder of ScubaNicks Nick Fawcus-Robinson explained, “I arrived in Thailand in May 2004 and since have learned to have a reasonable understanding of Thailand and its way of life. I have had my dive company (ScubaNicks) since arriving and assisted in both post tsunami and the tragic Phoenix disaster.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-scubanicks-steps-up-for-rawai-food-relief-75851.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-27