Desperate to get out? If malls open on May 1st shopping will not be as you remember it!

webfact

Desperate to get out? If malls open on May 1st shopping will not be as you remember it!

4721862_stock-photo-shopping-mall.jpg

File photo

If the government ease restrictions in the retail sector - widely expected from this coming Friday May 1st - malls will once again open their doors to the great Thai public. 

But it will be shopping far removed from what it was like back months ago when no one had heard of Covid-19. 

Channel 7 reported that malls in Thailand will be implementing a raft of measures designed to prevent the spread of the devastating virus.

Shoppers can expect thermometer screening at both the entrance to malls AND every individual store.

Everyone in the mall - shoppers and staff alike - must wear face masks. 

Face shields and gloves must be worn by staff who need to get close to customers. 

11pm.jpg

Food delivery staff will have their own separate seating area.

Social distancing will be enforced in one of two ways. It might be done by allowing one person per five square meters of floor space. 

Or it might be limiting the public to, say, 1,500 people at any one time. 

As one or more leave, more could enter - the Thai media said it was like a car park system.

Extra rules and regulations would be followed in elevators, on escalators and in the toilets. 

A trip to the toilet might mean queueing as 2- 5 meter social distancing will be in place inside. 

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-27

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

All these big department stores always seem ridiculously overstaffed, with most of them sitting around playing on their phones.

I wonder if recent staff layoffs might be permanent. A way of reducing staff numbers permanently in these difficult times. 

Let's face it, shoppers won't be spending big for quite a while, so profits will be down.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

Shopping malls, is the last thing on my mind.

Just give us partly freedom, bored to death after staying home for 4+ weeks.

Can imagine conversation at parties. It'll be like TVF with sound turned up.

Seriously...I have absolutely no problem with that (though I don't see, why I should be doing it at the exit...)!

But I think, after a few weeks (or days) this will be with the same urgency and accuracy, they now check bags at the MRT/BTS or MBK- entrance!

Soooooo...useless!

16 hours ago, webfact said:

A trip to the toilet might mean queueing as 2- 5 meter social distancing will be in place inside.

In some places this will mean one person at the urinal the other relieving himself out of a window.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Social distancing will be enforced in one of two ways. It might be done by allowing one person per five square meters of floor space. 

Or it might be limiting the public to, say, 1,500 people at any one time.

Sorry - Im confused. 
Social distancing will either allow one person per five square meters of floor space , or 1500 people at one time??

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!