Traveling between provinces

michael888

Each province has its own regulations. For instance Korat specifies you self-isolate for 14 days.

Many provinces expect this self isolation, and to be quite honest this is common sense.

The sensible thing to do for the peace of mind of your friends and neighbours 

Do you think your friends will welcome you with open arms on arrival?

Bangkok expects the same upon your arrival, although it would be hard to enforce 

Condos and neighbours are watching for new arrivals, and will report you to the authorities if you don't behave yourself 

Even if you think you are covid-free it's the sensible thing to do. Dont be selfish.

In my experience of driving, there appear to be road checks for temperature, but no one asking where you are going.

If your condo is happy to accept you on arrival (if it is a condo), and you are prepared to self-isolate for 14 days then I'm not aware of any regulation to stop you. 

Edited by Andyfez
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Condos and neighbours are watching for new arrivals, and will report you to the authorities if you don't behave yourself 

That's one part of the plan implemented.. Get the people policing themselves.

It's worked in the past !!

At some point I, (and I assume many others), will have no choice but to go from my province to Bangkok to apply for a new UK passport from VFS Global when they reopen for business.

Hopefully these restrictions will be lifted at some point.

I travel between my Province and the adjacent one ( Rayong/Chon Buri) at least 2 times a week.  No checks and no road blocks.  Nearest Tesco, Big C, petrol station are all in the neighbouring Province, hence the trips. 

We’re in Trat from 2 months ago, waiting  to come back home by own car to Chiang Mai.  I want avoid the risk to be stopped In any checkpoints of any province, my advice;  Wait for new rules. Will be possible to travel at middle of may...?

• Like 1

Around Bangkok, I was visiting Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayuthaya, Nakhon Nayok, Samut Prakan and Chachoengsao. I passed some manned and unmanned checkpoints, but none stopped me.

Edited by Mak25

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

At some point I, (and I assume many others), will have no choice but to go from my province to Bangkok to apply for a new UK passport from VFS Global when they reopen for business.

Hopefully these restrictions will be lifted at some point.

I drove from Khon Kaen to Bangkok (and back again next day) to lodge my Passport Renewal with the Australian Embassy (which is still open). There were no manned checkpoints or other stops. Most checkpoints are manned at night during curfew. I received my new passport in the post yesterday.

I doubt you will have any problems travelling by private vehicle. As noted by others, there is an expectation that you will self quarantine for 14 days once home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

That's one part of the plan implemented.. Get the people policing themselves.

It's worked in the past !!

Who needs Big Brother when you've groomed a nation of snitches?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tarteso said:

We’re in Trat from 2 months ago, waiting  to come back home by own car to Chiang Mai.  I want avoid the risk to be stopped In any checkpoints of any province, my advice;  Wait for new rules. Will be possible to travel at middle of may...?

Checkpoints only ask where you are going and check temperature if temperature is ok they let you on your way

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Checkpoints only ask where you are going and check temperature if temperature is ok they let you on your way

Talking with wife...You’re right, I’m thinking to come back to CM next week and no problem to self quarantine at home.

Edited by Tarteso

Not sure if this helps but the gf travelled back to the uk a couple of weeks ago.    Was driven at midnight from the north of Nakhon Ratchasima province.  I thought there was a curfew ????

No road blocks no sign of anything except a few trucks. This is not relevant but she was advised to get a fit to fly cert from a local doctor for the airline.  Waste of time and money.   Sound like there  is a lot of rumour around and different levels of enforcement.  Sound like the uk at the moment. 

22 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

We live on the Surat-NST border and there is plenty of cross border movements...

Sometimes there are checks but only doing temp recordings.. Loads of back roads that the locals are all using anyway...

How did you get back from Singapore? You said you were stuck?

• 2 weeks later...