Restaurants, markets among 8 Bangkok venues tipped to reopen from Friday

webfact

16 hours ago, Thailand said:

I think it is on back to front.

I was thinking the same and also about buying shares in hair dye

I've never seen so many old Thai blokes, including the two P's with such jet black hair

Blacker than a gorilla's goolies 

Also amazing how hideous looking many of the Thai men are , yet plenty of female stunners!

Edited by Canuck1966
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Brunolem said:

No restaurant has tables large enough to separate members of a family or group by 1.5 meter each... so one table per customer? 

And what about swimming pools? 

And domestic travel? 

It is very nice to reopen airports and air traffic, but not very useful if inter province travel is forbidden... 

The vast number of restaurants here have way, way, way too many tables for the number of customers they have. Take out 75% of the tables and everyone will be socially distanced.

18 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

The recommended safe social distancing measure is a minimum of 2 metres!  This is the distance droplets are spread by coughs and sneezes!  Why is it that Thailand has to have their own "safe" measurements, which aren't safe at all! It's the same with measurement of air pollution PM2.5 particles! Thailand's "safe" level is unsafe everywhere else in the world!

How can my barber keep a distance of minimum 2 meters?

19 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

The recommended safe social distancing measure is a minimum of 2 metres!  This is the distance droplets are spread by coughs and sneezes!  Why is it that Thailand has to have their own "safe" measurements, which aren't safe at all! It's the same with measurement of air pollution PM2.5 particles! Thailand's "safe" level is unsafe everywhere else in the world!

You'r wrong , in the netherlands it's also 1,5 mtr and i geuss in more country's .

• Like 1

Hold on the Cabinet said on the 28th that state of emergency will continue for another month from 1st may, then the Governor states the same day they may open restaurant, golf courses and parks etc up, maybe they should be in the same room when they have these meetings

57 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

The vast number of restaurants here have way, way, way too many tables for the number of customers they have. Take out 75% of the tables and everyone will be socially distanced.

Right, but are the tables big enough to sit a family of four, while keeping each member 1.5 meter away from the other?

Or do they have to put together four tables to sit four persons?

Just FYI, a couple of studies have shown that covid can travel 4 meters in the air.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71757/scientists-pinpoint-how-far-coronavirus-covid-19-can-travel-in-the-air/index.html

So I guess if someone is walking on the pavement without a mask on all the cars and motorcycles need to uturn. 

Yes I know the study was indoors.  It is hyperbole.

Edited by AKJeff
Left something out

This would mean the BMA is circumventing the national government, which would be a great thing, as I have not heard anything about allowing restaurants to re-open May 1st. Defiance can be a wonderful thing when it is applied with wisdom. The people desperately need to get back to work, and we all desperately need reasons to get out of the house. We are ready. The nation is ready. We are fine. This thing is nearly gone. Let it go. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rumak said:

Scientists today confirmed that there is only one thing more virulent than Covid :

the pop up ads here absolutely refuse to be killed ,   with mutations that leave

us sad and confused

55555....have to agree.  I have to chase that darn thing down every page I go.  Incredibly annoying.  It's probably more damaging than the COVID to our mental health.

• Like 2

To further complicate the picture, there seems to be some discussion on there being an important difference between bars that are open air and enclosed bars that rely on air conditioners, but I see nothing clear in print about the relevant opening times for each ???? Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Let's just thew what the WHO has to say about all this:

G L O B A L   I N F L U E N Z A   P R O G R A M M E

Non-pharmaceutical
public health measures
for mitigating the risk and
impact of epidemic and
pandemic influenza

From a WHO study from 2019:

RECOMMENDATION:
Face masks worn by asymptomatic people are conditionally recommended in severe
epidemics or pandemics, to reduce transmission in the community. Disposable, surgical
masks are recommended to be worn at all times by symptomatic individuals when in
contact with other individuals. Although there is no evidence that this is effective in
reducing transmission
, there is mechanistic plausibility for the potential effectiveness of
this measure.
Population: Population with symptomatic individuals; and general public for protection
When to apply: At all times for symptomatic individuals (disposable surgical mask), and in
severe epidemics or pandemics for public protection (face masks)

According to the GRADE approach,
there was moderate quality of evidence
involving >6000 participants that face
masks are ineffective in reducing influenza
transmission in the community.

There was evidence that surface and object cleaning could reduce detections
of virus in the environment, but there was no evidence of effectiveness against
laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection.

OVERALL RESULT OF EVIDENCE ON AVOIDING CROWDING
1. The effect of measures to avoid crowding alone in reducing transmission
is uncertain.
2. Timely and sustained application of measures to avoid crowding may reduce influenza
transmission, although the quality of evidence of its effectiveness
is very low.

OVERALL RESULT OF EVIDENCE ON ENTRY AND EXIT SCREENING
1. Ten studies were included in this review.
2. Considering the asymptomatic period of infected patients and
the sensitivity of screening devices, the effectiveness of screening
travellers is likely to be very limited.

All this from the WHO !!! 2019 !!!

The full study is attached

So ... Studies are now worthless because science is what the "expert of the day" has to say ???

WHO Study 2019-eng.pdf