Massage businesses push to reopen

snoop1130

Massage businesses push to reopen

By THE NATION

800_f7b00a901477f3c.jpg

Massage shop operators submitted a petition to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday (April 29), asking the government to allow their businesses to reopen given the lockdown is being eased from Friday.

Massage shops have been shut since early April when the government also closed malls and other entertainment venues to control the spread of the Covid-19 virus.

The petition signed by 327 massage operators was led by Pitak Yotha, who said shop owners had been left to carry the financial burden of bills for water, electricity and staff during the lockdown. He added that he was also representing around 300,000 traditional-Thai masseurs who had been left without income.

The petition asked for massage shops to be reopened along with salons and beauty clinics, all of which come under the Public Health Ministry’s supervision. The massage business operators also want the government to help sanitise their shops to encourage customers to return, and to aid training of staff to boost customers’ confidence.

Though barbers and hairdressers are among the businesses that will be allowed to reopen from midnight on Friday, massage shops and beauty clinics have been ordered to remain shut until further notice.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386998

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-29

• Haha 1

will be the same as the alcohol ban, if the owners have money and can supply the correct envelopes then they will be allowed to do it as per the 2 day binge on alcohol that they are allowing,  everything here depends on money, graft and corruption reign

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

How are the ladies at Lolita's supposed to do their job while wearing a protective mask... Maybe some enterprising Thai entrepreneur should invent a special style mask just for the BJ businesses here....  :biggrin:

condoms

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Recently spoke to an out of work lady and she said her boss expects a June 2020 opening??? Hmm. Maybe or Maybe not?  Could not imagine LOS without massage parlors(with or without a happy ending).  

They are massage shops not parlors.

As much as I miss Let’s Relax (and their new Stretch Me brand lately), it’s really not a good idea to open it too soon. I remember when this whole Corona thing started I was still going to Let’s Relax with the gf and we were both worried about how easy it is for a virus to spread there, especially given the (then) high number of Chinese tourists. 

47 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Massage shops have been shut since early April when the government also closed malls and other entertainment venues to control the spread of the Covid-19 virus.

Incorrect. I believe it was around mid March. Plenty of time. Get the Thai people back to work. This thing is nearly gone. I have been saying the financial devastation wrought by the financial shutdown will be 200x worse than Covid. That is certainly going to be the case in Thailand. And worse if they do not jumpstart things soon. Let them re-open. End the lockdown now!

The massage shops were ordered to close by the Ministry of Public Health on 18th March. My wife has the documents that ordered her shop closed 18th March until 31st March and then it was extended to 15th April and then extended until further notice. My wife's shop has been closed since the 18th March with no income but she must still pay the rent as the landlord will not give any reduction as they must still pay the bank loan. If this forced closure goes much longer then this is one massage shop that will not re-open.

Edited by Russell17au
  • Sad 1

Massage isn't only about fun and games. My older brother, after 30 years in the USAF, had bad circulation problems that turned his feet black. Foot massage eased his final years. My buddy since grade school had similar severe foot and leg problems that became infected. I'm sure massage extended his life by years before passing this month. Another friend, a man who played team rugby into his 40s, has diabetic leg problems, as do I. Thai massage twice a week eases the constant pain of severe neuropathy and allows me to sleep at night. That rest leaves me the energy to swim for exercise. Such regular massage in America would cost $1,000 a month. No, it's not covered by insurance. 

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The massage shops were ordered to close by the Ministry of Public Health on 18th March. My wife has the documents that ordered her shop closed 18th March until 31st March and then it was extended to 15th April and then extended until further notice. My wife's shop has been closed since the 18th March with no income but she must still pay the rent as the landlord will not give any reduction as they must still pay the bank loan. If this forced closure goes much longer then this is one massage shop that will not re-open.

And there are hundreds of thousands of businesses nationwide, that are in a similar position. Nobody is offering any solutions. Only brain dead ministers, who are worth a fortune, and have no concept of what it is to work for a living, and are creating these insane timelines.

• Like 1