Dual Tank Float Switch

carlyai

I saw mentioned, some time ago, a dual float switch.

Can anyone remember the brand and availability?

I think it was a post from @Crossy.

There is a RX999 for sale on Lazada but I would like to know the one mentioned in a previous post.

I need to setup some drip feeds from my irrigation tank that only has a ball cock at the moment.

I may need a couple as I have a single float switch on my house water tank and I notices a 'tingle' of the SS tank. The 220v float is the only thing in the tank that could cause that. I'm going to properly earth the tank, but I'm less confident in Chinese companie's quality control at the moment and would like a recommendation of a good brand of float switch.

22 minutes ago, carlyai said:

saw mentioned, some time ago, a dual float switch.

Can anyone remember the brand and availability?

I think it was a post from @Crossy.

There is a RX999 for sale on Lazada but I would like to know the one mentioned in a previous post.

I need to setup some drip feeds from my irrigation tank that only has a ball cock at the moment.

I may need a couple as I have a single float switch on my house water tank and I notices a 'tingle' of the SS tank. The 220v float is the only thing in the tank that could cause that. I'm going to properly earth the tank, but I'm less confident in Chinese companie's quality control at the moment and would like a recommendation of a good brand of float switch.

There is a significant problem with that one, it isn’t waterproof and is ⅓ more expensive than the one you want

48E77C52-D14B-43C1-B6FB-3F4E8A27CA79.thumb.jpeg.d80f12298755668ed37ceda77da2a9e2.jpeg9E2D3561-942F-48B9-83A5-4907AA7C39AB.thumb.jpeg.20706ac4e274b5a7aabb65165e6a5634.jpeg
I’ve seen these in all the hardware shops.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

The RX999 or ST99 is slightly different as it attempts to isolate the operating lever from the switch to avoid water vapor coming from inside the tank.  The electrical connection side of the switch has waterproof cover. 

• Like 1

I needed to get some other things as well so we set off for Global House at Khon Kaen/Kalasin. They were shut. That's about 90 km. And seemed strange as Mukdahan Global is open but a little further, not quick on the new Asian Highwayand road blocks. So pushed on to Roiet Global. Nice brand new building but no float switch but micro irrigation which I needed.

So back to Kuchinari via Pon Tong to a little water shop for some active carbon and reverse osmosis unit filters. On the way back thought I'd give Full House a look and they had the float switch at B290. Plus other stuff and only 60 odd km from home. In all about 260 km, but good to see what's around.