Flouting the rules? Foreigners pictured kitesurfing in Krabi

webfact

14 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

yip, totally agree.

it's very very common here, everyone tries to poke their nose in your business / life - i do not approve.

Reminds me of this :

• Haha 2

On 5/1/2020 at 3:43 PM, kamahele said:

The kite surfing is a great example of social distancing, however the three guys next to each other in the boat without protective masks isn't.  This is kind of a non story....

They could very well be family, and / or living together.

On 5/1/2020 at 12:11 PM, spidermike007 said:

How is kitesurfing not engaging in social distancing? How is this endangering anyone? The amount of sheer ignorance, fear mongering, and bad information out there is astonishing. It feels as if Covid is diminishing mankind, and showing it at it's worst.

Well said. However, clearly "social distancing" is just an excuse for the fun police to make people's lives hell for as long as they're allowed to get away with it, which seems to be since late March through to the end of May, and possibly into June. It stopped being about science a long time ago. I've read stories of the police being called to arrest a mother who hugged her child in their own backyard in the United States. That's how ridiculous this is getting.

49 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

yip, totally agree.

it's very very common here, everyone tries to poke their nose in your business / life - i do not approve.

More common back in the west actually. For it if were a common occurrence here, there would be snitches dobbing in farmers who burn their fields from here to Malaysia, but alas, due to "saving face" almost no one dares do such a thing.

Granted, the current times have brought out the worst in people, including in Thailand.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 12:11 PM, spidermike007 said:

How is kitesurfing not engaging in social distancing? How is this endangering anyone? The amount of sheer ignorance, fear mongering, and bad information out there is astonishing. It feels as if Covid is diminishing mankind, and showing it at it's worst.

They just ban everything because it's easier than banning this but allowing the other etc. etc. that would cause a lot of confusion so that's understandable.
What gets me is they only take photos of Foreigners doing it.

17 hours ago, Denim said:

I actually think it is pretty deplorable that  some people have nothing better to do with their empty lives than to snitch on others . 

Yes, and the irony of needing a telephoto lens to record someone who is supposed to be breaking social distancing rules. ????

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 3:48 PM, samsensam said:

a friend of mine in pattaya has never stopped taking or inviting girls back to his place, he seems to think he's somehow exempt.

He is simply helping the homeless with a bed for the night 

43 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:
  On 5/1/2020 at 3:48 PM, samsensam said:

a friend of mine in pattaya has never stopped taking or inviting girls back to his place, he seems to think he's somehow exempt.

He probably has a much greater chance of catching something else other than Covid-19.