Korat just locked down Bangkok people.

NCC1701A

I thought all people moving between provinces had to self isolate for 14 days, that was 

the case 3 or 4 weeks ago when my S-I-L went from Pathum Thani to Ubon Rat.

She wasn't allowed to leave her parents house for two weeks and had regular 

visits from health care workers taking temperature readings every other day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 10 provinces named as COVID19 risk areas by the Governor of Nakhon Ratchasima are: Bangkok, Phuket, Nonthaburi, Yala, Samut Prakan, Chonburi, Pattani, Songkhla, Chiang Mai and Phathum Thani 

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

if you are on holiday from Bangkok and you go to Korat you must report to health officials within 24hrs AND do 14-day home quarantine FOR 14 DAYS! 

???

If you are from Bkk your home is in Bkk, right?  So does this mean you have to return to Bkk from Korat to quarantine yourself?

Yeah, I just posted elsewhere that people are being moved from Phuket to Udon Thani where they will be quarantined in a university for 14 days.

Inter provincial quarantines are now in place by the looks of it.

2 hours ago, timendres said:

Brilliant move. Instead of the 3 or 4 day exposure of a holiday, lock potentially infected people up with their family for 14 days. What could possibly go wrong?

If it's anything like Texas is treating our guests from Louisiana, the quarantine is 14 days, or until you leave Texas- whichever comes first.   Nobody's stuck for 14 days.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

The 10 provinces named as COVID19 risk areas by the Governor of Nakhon Ratchasima are: Bangkok, Phuket, Nonthaburi, Yala, Samut Prakan, Chonburi, Pattani, Songkhla, Chiang Mai and Phathum Thani 

These areas BK Chiang Mai and Phuket were flood pools of Chinese tourists. The enlightened 1 allowing 20000 a day into Los at the start of the outbreak contributing to the worldwide spread 

Well, did anyone really expect any difference. They never lifted restrictions which would keep the provinces from letting free travel back and forth occur. That would be plain stupid. This is the new normal. Who knows who is asymptomatic anyway. Can not take chances now can we. Don't want a true second wave showing up now do we.

• Confused 1

The problem being some Provinces are starting to lift restrictions before others whilst others are aren't at all so how the hell can you travel from and unrestricted to a restricted. 

<deleted> show on full display. 

Just look at the 40k+ trying to leave Phuket via land only to be blocked at the exit. 

• Like 1

A couple of the Chinese owned properties on the estate on which I live seem to be doing a roaring homestay trade, 9 cars parked outside the adjacent properties this morning,p;enty of travel going on.

Homestay is not allowed on the estate where I live in Chiang Mai.????

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Not incorrect, as it is a City, but then good for the City of Pattaya, but Pattaya is not a Province run by a Governor, who has to face the Governments CCSA when the <deleted> hits the fan.  However, the Mayor may not like what occurs if he lifts to many restrictions.  I never liked the fact that Pattaya, Chonburi, and surrounding Area's kept people, who would normally shop for food in those locations as they lived the next road over, from entering to get needed supplies.  Standby to Standby as always....

Edited by ThailandRyan

My labrador has suggested would it not have been better to lift the  alcohol ban it has been actioned as he suggested

BUT impose a no travel ban till after these plethora of holidays and then gradually open up provinces

It seems you have a bunch of entitled halfwits wandering around the country with only the RTP  to control them and we know how successful that will be 

More virus anyone?

Edited by poohy

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

My labrador has suggested would it not have been better to lift the  alcohol ban it has been actioned as he suggested

BUT impose a no travel ban till after these plethora of holidays and then gradually open up provinces

It seems you have a bunch of entitled halfwits wandering around the country with only the RTP  to control them and we know how successful that will be 

More virus anyone?

TAT's new slogan "Have a Beer and a Virus, Thailand welcomes you to travel"

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not incorrect, as it is a City, but then good for the City of Pattaya, but Pattaya is not a Province run by a Governor, who has to face the Governments CCSA when the <deleted> hits the fan.  However, the Mayor may not like what occurs if he lifts to many restrictions.  I never liked the fact that Pattaya, Chonburi, and surrounding Area's kept people, who would normally shop for food in those locations as they lived the next road over, from entering to get needed supplies.  Standby to Standby as always....

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Quarantines at the provincial level are so yesterday! Here in Pattaya we've already had a city-level quarantine for three weeks. Way of the future, folks!

It can not be anymore, someone has posted your restrictions are being lifted, were they wrong?  You mean I can not go to Pattaya from Bangkok and only stay for a day or two, I would be quarantined for 14 days, please say it is not so.  I was plannning a holiday at the beach so I could swim and Kite-surf....

35 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It can not be anymore, someone has posted your restrictions are being lifted, were they wrong?  You mean I can not go to Pattaya from Bangkok and only stay for a day or two, I would be quarantined for 14 days, please say it is not so.  I was plannning a holiday at the beach so I could swim and Kite-surf....

Well they may remove the checkpoints on Tuesday as long as we don't have a new case, but nobody's said anything yet about them reopening the sea and beaches. They're really taking it quite seriously now, so unless you fancy a trip to the monkey house you can forget about swimming, or even sitting on the beach. Totally OTT, I know, but that's how things are at the moment,

e

• Thanks 1

Inter provincial travel has been banned for some time by many provinces.  Pattaya is getting rid of it's ban on 5th May to avoid people from Bangkok coming in. Even people living on the other side of Sukhumvit Road are not allowed into Pattaya. Only essential journeys like going to hospital with a doctor's appointment or deliveries of essential supplies are allowed in.

Edited by JusticeGB
To make it clear that the ban did not just apply to people from Bangkok but to locals too.