Can social distancing work at airports? Bangkok airport quiet despite resumption of some flights

rooster59

51 minutes ago, Selatan said:

The French researchers definitely were referring to strains of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes Covid-19), and not other human coronaviruses such as 229E, NL63, OC43, HKU1, SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV.

And here's another mystery:

Belleville Mayor Has Coronavirus Antibodies; Here's What It Means

The type of antibody that this New Jersey mayor has is IgG, which means that he caught Covid-19 quite some time back. If he had got the disease recently, such as a week ago, the type of antibody is IgM.

How would you comment that the outbreak started in Wuhan. Not the US, not France, not anywhere else?

And how would you comment it just so happened that in Wuhan, they had a lab dealing with these exact bat coronaviruses?

Did they have coronaviruses labs in Lombardia, Italy? Or did they have Chinese merchants trading there?

I don't want to comment now if it was transmitted animal to human or human to human. There is consensus that it's unlikely to have been genetically modified. The question is, was it transmitted from animal to human, or did a staff of the lab in Wuhan got infected accidentally, and spreaded it into the population?

Either way, is it not clear it started there?  Likely October 2019 (since now they found cases in France /US supposedly from November 2019)

Wuhan to Beijing, Beijing to Italy, Italy to Australia and so on. Or whatever the routes.

It wasn't actually Chinese citizens only, it was also Americans that travelled to Wuhan on business, got infected, and brought it back into the US.

Edited by lkv

On 5/6/2020 at 2:07 AM, lkv said:

How would you comment that the outbreak started in Wuhan. Not the US, not France, not anywhere else?

And how would you comment it just so happened that in Wuhan, they had a lab dealing with these exact bat coronaviruses?

Did they have coronaviruses labs in Lombardia, Italy? Or did they have Chinese merchants trading there?

I don't want to comment now if it was transmitted animal to human or human to human. There is consensus that it's unlikely to have been genetically modified. The question is, was it transmitted from animal to human, or did a staff of the lab in Wuhan got infected accidentally, and spreaded it into the population?

Either way, is it not clear it started there?  Likely October 2019 (since now they found cases in France /US supposedly from November 2019)

Wuhan to Beijing, Beijing to Italy, Italy to Australia and so on. Or whatever the routes.

It wasn't actually Chinese citizens only, it was also Americans that travelled to Wuhan on business, got infected, and brought it back into the US.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the outbreak started in Wuhan? To me, all the positive back-detection of Covid-19 cases outside of China in December simply means that the new virus was FIRST DETECTED in Wuhan, not necessarily the origin. How come the French couldn't figure out that a new virus had emerged in December? Same with the Americans, with their many suspicious pneumonia cases in 2019. Why, as supposedly developed nations, they couldn't detect the new virus?

No wonder Spain didn't want to report their 2009 H1N1 cases before the US CDC announced the outbreak because it didn't want to be wrongly labelled as the source of a pandemic again, just like the 1918 Spanish Flu.

Actually, there are many Chinese living in Italy's Lombardy region, because of the fashion industry there. Wuhan has direct flights to Italy. A lot of Italy's garment production has been outsourced to Wuhan factories.

My position is that the origin of the virus is unclear, judging from the new evidence, but China is looking less and less likely to be the origin. I find it funny that you can still maintain that the virus must have originated from China, given the weight of the new findings, the strongest of which, was the fact that the French didn't get it from the Chinese, but from earlier strains.

9 hours ago, Selatan said:

My position is that the origin of the virus is unclear, judging from the new evidence, but China is looking less and less likely to be the origin. I find it funny that you can still maintain that the virus must have originated from China, given the weight of the new findings,

It was discovered in Wuhan because that's where the outbreak was. Hard not to notice.

Had it happened the other way around, Lombardia outbreak in November 2019 then Wuhan outbreak in March 2020, it would have been a different story.

But it wasn't like that, was it?

Don't tell me Italians or French gave it to the Wuhanese, but did not give it to their own nationals first.

Let's not be ridiculous.

Edited by lkv

11 hours ago, Selatan said:

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the outbreak started in Wuhan? To me, all the positive back-detection of Covid-19 cases outside of China in December simply means that the new virus was FIRST DETECTED in Wuhan, not necessarily the origin. How come the French couldn't figure out that a new virus had emerged in December? Same with the Americans, with their many suspicious pneumonia cases in 2019. Why, as supposedly developed nations, they couldn't detect the new virus?

No wonder Spain didn't want to report their 2009 H1N1 cases before the US CDC announced the outbreak because it didn't want to be wrongly labelled as the source of a pandemic again, just like the 1918 Spanish Flu.

Actually, there are many Chinese living in Italy's Lombardy region, because of the fashion industry there. Wuhan has direct flights to Italy. A lot of Italy's garment production has been outsourced to Wuhan factories.

My position is that the origin of the virus is unclear, judging from the new evidence, but China is looking less and less likely to be the origin. I find it funny that you can still maintain that the virus must have originated from China, given the weight of the new findings, the strongest of which, was the fact that the French didn't get it from the Chinese, but from earlier strains.

China look less likely to be the origin for you, not the other 99% of human population including scientists.

China always been the origin of many coronaviruses, including SARS which is very similar to this virus.

What a coincidence, an outbreak in a city which has a lab doing studies and experiments on coronaviruses in Bats.

Edited by Anton9