Foreigners and Thais arrested after caught drinking in Pattaya bar

rooster59

An interesting article in Bangkok Post today pointed out that on a typical day 54 people die from road accidents. This is the exact same number of covid19 deaths reported to date. Road accidents have gone down by over 40 a day since the no alcohol ban. The guys in Pussycat Bar deserve what they get. All bars are closed they should know better. If they get the maximum fine they deserve it. My daughter from Pong can't visit me in Pattaya at the moment. Luckily the Pattaya lockdown will finish on the 5th so I can see her on her birthday albeit for dinner without wine.

• Like 1

I only opened this thread to see how soon someone would complain/highlight the word 'foreigners' from the headline.

- yes it was a 3:5 ratio

- oh, but the news outlet is in ENGLISH and therefore aimed at foreigners

No big deal!

9 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

An interesting article in Bangkok Post today pointed out that on a typical day 54 people die from road accidents. This is the exact same number of covid19 deaths reported to date. Road accidents have gone down by over 40 a day since the no alcohol ban. The guys in Pussycat Bar deserve what they get. All bars are closed they should know better. If they get the maximum fine they deserve it. My daughter from Pong can't visit me in Pattaya at the moment. Luckily the Pattaya lockdown will finish on the 5th so I can see her on her birthday albeit for dinner without wine.

Hopefully she wont be taken out by a drunk driver...............or one of those nasty farangs having a quiet beer at the pussy cat bar.

• Haha 2

The bar owner knew the law and that all bars are closed and he took the risk and ignored the law of the day and as such he should have his liquor licence cancelled for a minimum of 5 years for breaching the liquor laws and the emergency decree. The foreigners would also have knowledge of the laws on the closures of the bars and should not have been there so give them a hefty fine and send them on their way. But the owner of the bar should also get the maximum fine for flaunting the laws. This type of thing will only give ammunition for more strict restriction to be brought in with more alcohol restrictions but there are many on here that cannot see or understand that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

I also have the right to make comment

of course you have but your comment was directed at people on here and not on the topic or discussion which I simply pointed out to you

you call it whinging - I call it discussion

I remember a few years back you were very vocal about the authorities handling the Kho Tao murders as was I - was that whinging too   ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Whackjob said:

Why did they let the cops in?? It appeared to be closed so just be quiet and don't let them in simple ????

yeah .... lights on, somethings going on but don't let the cops in ......  post of the year 

38 minutes ago, geoff65 said:

Can't see whats the difference in haven a beer with a few mates at bar and trying to shop with hundreds of people cramming Makros and Big C to buy their grog today. No social distancing happening at these places among other grog outlets.

I can. You can't drink at Makro and Big C and get to <deleted> the staff later.

Honestly, I have tried.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I'd really like to see evidence of these hefty fines being paid. That would be very amusing.

Yes indeed, but probably would not have the money to do so. Personally, a better deterrent for these ex-pat old farts would be to cancel their visa at the next 90 day notification or renewal of extension!

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Idiots.....:sad:

Noticeable once again "Foreigners" highlighted first in the headlines.....why not "Thai Bar flouting alcohol ban"..........:whistling:

Don't be fussy. Last time, Thais were not listed in the headline at all. This time the headline tells it as it is. Perhaps someone at TVF was taking note of comments about the recent anti-foreigner slant. This is not such an occasion to criticise.

Bar owners should by a Barber pole light to put outside and ad "ber" to bar.  Done deal , allowed to open and operate as long as one guy is getting a haircut at all times. ????   Serve beer in paper cups with "coffee" stenciled on them

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yuyiinthesky said:

You seem to be a very law abiding person, never breaking any law, any regulation, no matter how senseless they are, and therefore qualified to amend and increase the laws and punishments. Where do you stop? Death sentence? 

I hope for you you never come into the situation that your business, your job, your income gets closed, forbidden, without you really seeing the need for it, and you start to worry more and more how to pay the rent, your staff, food for your family.

For your information our shop was closed on the 18th March and is still closed and will be until around mid July as things stand now and any idiot that breaks the laws only risk our shop being closed even longer. So you do not know what you are talking about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

For your information our shop was closed on the 18th March and is still closed and will be until around mid July as things stand now

Good for you if you have the funds to survive that, congratulation.

Others might not be so lucky, and desperate.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I hope for you you never come into the situation that your business, your job, your income gets closed, forbidden, without you really seeing the need for it, and you start to worry more and more how to pay the rent, your staff, food for your family.

You must be a funny guy. Laws are not only enforced if you see the need for them. Or do you have a different experience? 

11 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Good for you if you have the funds to survive that, congratulation.

Others might not be so lucky, and desperate.

Who said we had the funds. We still have to pay the rent for the shop with no income and that is threatened even more by idiots that do not abide by the law and that can bring about the return of the stricter restrictions and can keep our shop closed even longer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

So it was five Thais  one being the bar owner and three foreigners in the bar I wonder which ones are going to pay the hundred thousand bht fine TIT

Another was a female staff member so that left 3 female Thai customers and the 3 foreign males

oh the moral outrage, a combo of the anti drink bridge and stay under the bed for fear the virus

deflects the failings of there high profiles behaviors.

Great police work nabbing a foreigner is always rewarding work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Bring back Alf Garnett. Racism has always been present in the UK, except it's pushed under the carpet by the PC brigade.

How about this one as well?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Thy_Neighbour_(1972_TV_series)

The series was created and largely written by Vince Powell and Harry Driver, and was based around a suburban white working class couple (Eddie and Joan Booth) in Twickenham and a black couple (Bill and Barbie Reynolds) as next-door neighbours. One of the leads, Rudolph Walker, who played Bill Reynolds, wrote for The Guardian in 2001, it is about "a black guy and a white guy being damned stupid".[1]

• Like 1

I think my response is, do whatever you want that affects you and the people who agree to your lifestyle.

However, think twice if you think your actions could result in illness or death to others. 

However, the virus has changed things radically and we do need to temprorarily desist from normal activity. 

• Like 1