Foreigners and Thais arrested after caught drinking in Pattaya bar

rooster59

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Who said we had the funds. We still have to pay the rent for the shop with no income 

I'm sorry to hear that. I feel with you, I really do, this is a terrible situation.

I promise you I will continue to advocate for a quick end of this useless lockdown, and hope that you and all the other shops and businesses can open again and survive.

Edited by yuyiinthesky
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I feel with you, I really do, this is a terrible situation.

I promise you I will continue to advocate for a quick end of this useless lockdown, and hope that you and all the other shops and businesses can open again and survive.

If people only used their brains and gave things some honest thought and looked at what is happening in other countries that are not using the restrictions at what the infection rate is compared to the infection rate here with using the restrictions and if people would just abide by the restrictions then it would be finished here a lot quicker but it is typical of human nature that they don't like being told what to do and they refuse to think about things properly and look at what can happen in the future if they do not abide by the restrictions. If there is a spike in the infection rate because of not abiding by the restrictions then the restrictions will be brought back in and they will be stricter and last longer and that will mean that our business will be finished along with many others. Never to open again because of people not thinking about anyone else and not abiding by the laws and restrictions. When you look at it Thailand has been lucky to have so few cases and I believe that it is because of the restrictions compared to America, Australia and other countries who refused to bring restrictions in.

• Confused 2

Rules for rules' sake. That way guys with authority can exercise it. As guests, we are obliged to follow the rules. These people are stupid not because they risk getting the virus, but because they broke rules. They're going to get the virus eventually anyway.

The virus is a part of our ecosystem forever. Nothing short of a vaccine will change that.

Eventually we'll all get CV-19, and we'll either beat it or die. The point of social distancing is not to beat the virus, but simply to spread out the infection over the longest possible time. Too much infection at one time swamps the medical system, so not all patients can receive the care that might save them, nor can folks suffering other maladies like cancer or stroke or accidents get the aid they need.

We will either get a vaccine or we'll develop herd immunity. Many are unaware of the fact that mitigation measures are not aimed at eradication, but just buying time to allow the best care for those infected. Many are going to die from CV-19 no matter what measures are taken. The only question is when.

Yes, follow the rules. Be nice. Just don't think the virus isn't going to get its pound of flesh no matter what (absent a vaccine). Some people will buy an extra few months of existence, but those susceptible to the virus are going to succumb to it. 

What a bunch dum flucks... I lot of police in US and here... don’t 

aggressively look to arrest people....  but you sit and wave in their 

face it changes their attitude...

Don’t make a police officer look like their not their job. Waving with

a beer in hand from what’s supposed to restricted

12 hours ago, andre47 said:

Because without these foreigners they would not open the bar. The foreigners are the problem because they pay for it.

I would rather say that thai greed have once again showed its ugly face.

13 hours ago, owl sees all said:

A few people having private drink behind closed doors. Don't see what they did wrong.

Any gathering regardless of where it is, is illegal under current law!

What part of that do you not understand?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Badboldie said:

Quite the opposite, there was a load of pakis that were raping school girls in Rochdale, but it was all sweeped under the carpet, because they did not want to stir up racial tensions.

And the police and social workers who knew what was happening and turned a blind eye should have faced criminal charges,that's the result of political correctness,and fear of being accused of racism.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Three foreigners and five Thai nationals, some of whom are understood to be staff from the bar, including the 41 year old owner, were found inside.

How dumb can some people be?

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Three foreigners and five Thai nationals, some of whom are understood to be staff from the bar, including the 41 year old owner, were found inside.

It is idiots like these that create problems for law-abiding, rule following people.  The government has already stated that the alcohol ban could be reinstated if the rules are not adhered to. (U-turn again?)

23 hours ago, owl sees all said:

A few people having private drink behind closed doors. Don't see what they did wrong.

It's a bar that should be closed, selling drinks to customers that should not be there...

does that help?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It's a bar that should be closed, selling drinks to customers that should not be there...

does that help?

The 'bar' should have been closed/locked to keep fuzz out. No money involved; just a private party.

25 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The 'bar' should have been closed/locked to keep fuzz out. No money involved; just a private party.

Doesn't cut it my friend... a bar is a bar therefore a licensed premises which under the emergency decree is forbidden to open.

A private party should have been at a private residence then no issues.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 years ago the pussycat was buzzing even expats from downtown were coming up in minibuses, I just spoke to one of the guys that was arrested 2 nights in the jail 25,000b bail and court date 21st june passport was held he has been told to expect a 100,000b fine and deportation.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:
20 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Perhaps the bar is owned by a foreigner?

The original post reads as if the 41 year old owner was one of the Thais. 

Isn't that just the way that you interpreted it?  The original post didn't actually say either way.

20 hours ago, Don Mega said:
20 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Perhaps the bar is owned by a foreigner?

The article suggests the bar is Thai owned.... did you read it ?

Yes, I did read it, did you?   The article doesn't suggest it was Thai owned; it did mention, though, that there were Thai staff which a foreign owner would have to have also.  

31 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Isn't that just the way that you interpreted it?  The original post didn't actually say either way.

No....other people interpreted it that way too.

Because the OP did say just that. 

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Doesn't cut it my friend... a bar is a bar therefore a licensed premises which under the emergency decree is forbidden to open.

A private party should have been at a private residence then no issues.

Nonsense.

• Like 1