Foreigners and Thais arrested after caught drinking in Pattaya bar

rooster59

4 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Strange. The staff got a 2k baht fine and released. Joy (the owner, seen behind the bar in the photos) was kept in and was due in court today. 3 young freelancers, who were sat in one of the booths and not seen in the photos or included in the head count in the OP, were told to go home, not arrested.

10 years ago, the bar was run by Joy and her English husband (a member on this forum) and was indeed a go to bar. They parted, he went up country, and the bar rapidly declined due to Joy struggling to cope on her own and increasingly turning to drink to drown her sorrows. The bar has struggled to break even for years and Joy has accumulated increasing debt.

However, of late, a couple of smart cookies started working in the bar and started to effectively run the show, changing the MO and customers have been returning, including myself. As it's a short walk from my house, I have been tending to call in on my way home for a last drink. If it was party time, I tended to stay for a few.

The last time I was in there, with a friend from the UK, just before the lockdown, the doors were locked shortly after 12 and my friend ended up getting smoked by a naked girl whilst she was dancing on the pole whilst I pleasured some hippy chick who was sprawled across the bar. Old school bar that was rapidly gaining a following.

On Friday, my friend (currently in the UK) received a text from said naked pole dancer, saying that the bar would be open on Saturday night and that she was returning from the village to attend the "grand opening".

I can only imagine that Joy read about alcohol being back on sale and chanced her arm in opening the bar. I really don't believe that it was a random drive by, by the police who spotted the lights on. Pretty sure that she was grassed up.

Now the bar faces a 3 year closure and Joy and her children have lost their home and livelihood. I shudder to think where they will end up.

What she did was wrong, no arguments from me, but the penalty doesn't bear thinking about.

Some staff did live above the bar and AFAIAA, it's never operated as a hotel.

I hope that clears a few things up for the armchair detectives.

Sorry mate but you are wrong on many points, but hey you were not there.

1 hour ago, ancharee said:

Are you a policeman ?

I was 300 yards from the bar when the raid took place and have spoken to one of the girls who works in the bar. Where were you at 9pm on Saturday 2nd of May 2020? Buriram?

I'm also a friend of the owners husband who comes from the same part of the UK as us and now lives not far from you. I have known Joy for a number of years.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I was 300 yards from the bar when the raid took place and have spoken to one of the girls who works in the bar. Where were you at 9pm on Saturday 2nd of May 2020? Buriram?

PC Fill McCavity ,Oh you are definitely a policeman, you ask to many questions.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

For which you have no answers. 555

My answers are on my first post, have you forgot ? my friend was in there and was arrested can't get much clearer info than that, you just sound like a nosey neighbor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ancharee said:

My answers are on my first post, have you forgot ? my friend was in there and was arrested can't get much clearer info than that, you just sound like a nosey neighbor.

Have I disagreed with a single word of your post? You vehemently disagreed with mine without stating why. Rude.