Hot weather continues in upper Thailand with intermittent thundershowers

rooster59

Hot weather continues in upper Thailand with intermittent thundershowers

By The Nation

800_f0e01e2d1bd5abb.png

Credit: Thailand Meteorological Department

Hot weather and thundershowers are forecast for upper Thailand as a heat low cell covers the area while southerly and southeasterly winds prevail.

Easterly winds blowing over the Gulf and the South are expected to bring thundershowers, the Thailand Meteorological Department forecast. 

From May 3-5, a low pressure cell covering Sumatra will intensify and move to the upper Bay of Bengal causing strong wind waves over the Andaman Sea.

The forecast for Greater Bangkok is hot weather with isolated thundershowers; minimum temperature of 27-28 degrees Celsius and maximum of 35-38°C; southerly winds at 10-20 km/hr.

Weather forecast for the week

During May 2-8, a heat low cell covers upper Thailand. Hot to very hot weather conditions are likely in the area. Meanwhile, the weak southerly and the southeasterly winds over the upper country are expected to bring less rain. The weak easterly wind remains over the Gulf and the South bringing thundershowers. The active low cell over Sumatra will intensify and is expected to move into the upper Bay of Bengal during May 3-5. Winds and waves over the Andaman Sea will strengthen. 

All ships have been advised to proceed with caution.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387191

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-03

I guess the rain spoiled the field burning debacle something the officials couldn’t do. Will get a couple months of fresh air before they can get things fired back up and the horrendous air pollution returns. Enjoy it while it lasts.  ????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Venom said:

I guess the rain spoiled the field burning debacle something the officials couldn’t do. Will get a couple months of fresh air before they can get things fired back up and the horrendous air pollution returns. Enjoy it while it lasts.  ????

I got up here to Pitsanolouk, and Petchabun yesterday, and the farmers are still burning. From Petchabun you can barely see the mountains to the east. How long can people endure this toxic air until they develop health problems? I will do a rain dance if I think it'll bring rain.