Thai tycoons loosen purse strings to help mitigate impact of Covid-19

webfact

This is just a drop in the bucket. These people way more help than that. Even if the uber rich in Thailand gave until it hurt they couldn't do much. It will take a massive amount of money only the government has to really help all of the folks that need it. They are going to need trillions of baht to make a difference.

On 5/3/2020 at 4:13 PM, webfact said:

Dhanin Chearavanont, founder of CP Group, has donated Bt700 million to the government...

Prasert Prasarttong-Osoth, the CEO of Bangkok Airways, has offered Bt100 million to the Public Health Ministry.

Is the writer of the article not aware that although Dhanin Chaeravanont may have founded the CP Group, it was done on the backs of the original founders of Airplane Brand Seeds, started in the 1920s, Mr Chai Ek Chor and Mr Chai Seow Hui.  Out of their beginnings came CP and it was in 1964 that CP Group was founded.

Question, if, as recently announced, Bangkok Airways is experiencing financial difficulties due to not being able to fly and they are asking for a handout to help them, how can they afford to contribute such a large amount to "help" overcome the present situation?  Just curious.

'nuf sed.

Edited by wotsdermatter
removed part of comment from original publication
  • Like 1

Some people are possibly trying to secure their puppet placeholders in the next reshuffling of the government. Always good to be close to the loudspeakers. Alternatively in need  of a favour by the sitting rulers of the land. 

Nobody in his right mind would this government (or most previous, for that fact) a single cent for whatever reason; the very same clowns were those who went out shopping BIG, BIG time since they put themselves into power in 2014 (BE 2557).

Apart from the three submarines they flush government cash (i.e. taxpayers money) as if there is no tomorrow. The enclosed statistic (© The Momentum on public domain) shows to the left the type of equipment, the middle column shows the number of units and the right column shows the purchase price in Thai Baht. The individual listings have a green spot with white numbers in the upper left corner; deduct 543 and you get the Western year counting. 

The same people "write letters" to the 20 richest in the land (hence i.e. Thaksin, residing presently offshore, was not on the mailing list) for some urgent help to support the poor. People are suffering, yes - many of them due to their own mistakes of spending more than they can afford. Latter has to do with education which - again - provision of that would be the government's job.

Countries where you have to pay for education is usually a banana farm - go figure! 

Get ready for some TV splashing all over the bellies in Thailand on cheque hand-over ceremonies with and big "way-ing" all the way. 

What the Thai army shopped since 2014.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Some people are possibly trying to secure their puppet placeholders in the next reshuffling of the government. Always good to be close to the loudspeakers. Alternatively in need  of a favour by the sitting rulers of the land. 

Nobody in his right mind would this government (or most previous, for that fact) a single cent for whatever reason; the very same clowns were those who went out shopping BIG, BIG time since they put themselves into power in 2014 (BE 2557).

Apart from the three submarines they flush government cash (i.e. taxpayers money) as if there is no tomorrow. The enclosed statistic (© The Momentum on public domain) shows to the left the type of equipment, the middle column shows the number of units and the right column shows the purchase price in Thai Baht. The individual listings have a green spot with white numbers in the upper left corner; deduct 543 and you get the Western year counting. 

The same people "write letters" to the 20 richest in the land (hence i.e. Thaksin, residing presently offshore, was not on the mailing list) for some urgent help to support the poor. People are suffering, yes - many of them due to their own mistakes of spending more than they can afford. Latter has to do with education which - again - provision of that would be the government's job.

Countries where you have to pay for education is usually a banana farm - go figure! 

Get ready for some TV splashing all over the bellies in Thailand on cheque hand-over ceremonies with and big "way-ing" all the way. 

What the Thai army shopped since 2014.jpg

Could have a bit of fun in my soi with a VT-4 Tank..

Great price at under Bt.5,000, might lash out and buy 1 each for me and the misso.

Edited by Don Mega

On 5/4/2020 at 3:22 AM, Thaiwrath said:

How much has this <deleted> personally donated, ?

Or is he one of the anonymous donors, to save face, and not embarrass himself ?

Ya think? I live here, and that is actually quite sad. I claim no expertise or insight into such things, but I suspect there might have been some generosity from the predecessor.

• Sad 1

On 5/4/2020 at 8:56 AM, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

The negativity in this group is just amazing. How do the people who post day in day out in this group go through life with this attitude. 

Not a single comment saying well done for any of the donations. 

Because these posters are intelligent people with decent educations, not poor village rice farmers. These posters can see through the deception from the Hi-So community.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:26 AM, Hotrudester said:

I find this very good news to read. Whatever the monetary sums end up being you can believe that at least some will get to the people who need it most. So we have to acknowledge and appreciate, thank and give credit to the donors for providing such funds. Long may this generosity continue!!

To the people on here who already are sarcastically criticising, making derogatory remarks, scoffing at the hand outs and generally showing disrespect to the donors. My message to you is that fortunately for the needy Thai population your mean mouthed words mean absolutely nothing to the donors and thankfully will not change one action of what is going to happen in the coming weeks. Quite frankly why be mean mouthed on this site and show your true character. If you do not like what is happening here in LOS then move to another country!!

And fall right into their hands !

On 5/4/2020 at 11:31 AM, Hotrudester said:

In reply to NEWNATIVE's comments. I completely agree with you about the negative posts here made mainly by the Pattaya Internet Trolls.

These are sad, bored and sarcastic people who get through the day by criticising whatever comes along. This is there way of getting through their miserable life!!

Another who cannot see the truth  even when it is smacking them in the face, but just go on dreaming.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:17 PM, Phuket Pete said:

Bury The scruffy and dangerous power cables. This will smarten up the tourist area's and give much needed work to Thais.

Thai Cables.jpg

Possibly the best suggestion yet, take notidce Mr Prayuth.