Video: Driver pulls out on vehicle overtaking - innocent one ends up in the ravine

webfact

What a mess. Should never have tried to overtake under those circumstances. Did anyone notice how many vehicles passed the crashed truck without stopping? Sad for the totally innocent driver pushed off the road. No speed indicator or gps location on the dashcam - should be a requirement and then used as evidence to prosecute anyone deemed guilty of an offence 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Video isn't awfully clear, but isn't that an unbroken yellow centre line?

And doesn't that mean no overtaking?

Perhaps, the upcoming curve gave you a clue?

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Video isn't awfully clear, but isn't that an unbroken yellow centre line?

And doesn't that mean no overtaking?

Surely  you  mean "advisory"????

Theyr'e all idiots imo.

50 minutes ago, webfact said:

The driver of the dash cam vehicle responds to the screams of a woman by saying that he was lucky he was able to control his vehicle and that he was not in the wrong.

"I'am a driving god!...within the letter of the law of course". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Thai way of driving,... it's my road, my lane, don't overtake me or I will push you

Yeah but it's boring to keep checking.

There should be a law that drivers only need to check once a day, then there would be no problem.

(A small twist of one of my son's old female very outspoken in-laws, who has caused several accidents like this, she flatly refuses to check before pulling out, overtaking etc. It's not my problem.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Double yellow line means NO PASSING.  But I guess they don't tell you that when you buy your license at Tesco. 

Tough to see blurred but for sure it was a double or solid yellow which means no passing!  Both vehicles behind the main vehicle were in the wrong.

Imagine one moment minding your own business and next finding yourself punted off down a ravine. Yikes!

Like watching someone play snooker, or pinball.

Brain in neutral?.... Certainly.

Mental age?.... Child.

Responsibility?.... What's that?

Edited by DaRoadrunner

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Double yellow line means NO PASSING.  But I guess they don't tell you that when you buy your license at Tesco. 

You are not allowed to cross any continuous line in the centre of the road, single or double. Read the rules. Same in all countries that I know of.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

My take? The driver of the vehicle that pulled into the path of the other one obviously didn't look in his mirror because it was a solid yellow line and he didn't have to look because no one else would overtake on solid yellow. 

yeah the dashcam vehicle and the silver pickup both wrong, the innocent black pickup went into the ravine.

a prime example of what to expect on Thai roads.