Fat people.....Stay home

Ventenio

COVID, UK......Obese (defined as a BMI above 30) might have to work from home, according to a leaked document.  

To me, this is SHOCKING.  My BMI is around 22.5, so this doesn't directly affect me; HOWEVER, this has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a long time.  The unintended consequences......just get a scale at work, and have everyone weigh themselves.  have the scale read a little high, and then discriminate against fat people.  or don't hire them.  or fire them.  And this is in a society where companies make you eat sugar, drink beer, and the unemployed (I'm guessing) generally gains weight.   

To me, this would be the start to way more control.   OK, fat, banned from society.  Old people, sure, banned.  We are hearing more about MINORITIES getting relatively sicker....well, banned.  Men, banned.  Too thin, banned..... Black hair gets covid way more....banned.  whatever metric you want...banned.  

and we all know that 30 will go to 29, to 28, to whatever number they want.  pay the researchers.  

imagine going to dinner with your wife....she's going to order cake and maybe has a BMI of 26 or 27.  "honey, please, if you want to keep your job.....don't eat that."   "oh, i'm sorry, sure"   

soon the restaurants will RED FLAG orders of fat items......."billie just ate cake, make him weigh himself before work!!!"

I get Thailand.....looks can really help you get a job, it makes finding a job very easy if you aren't a complete slob.  I'm not trying to fix Thailand.  I can't believe the UK....

America has 330+ million people; some are in the greatest shape on the planet.  and some are fat slobs.  

banning a fat person from going to work is overstepping all human dignity.  This is a new low, IMO.  

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

To me, this would be the start to way more control.   OK, fat, banned from society.  Old people, sure, banned.  We are hearing more about MINORITIES getting relatively sicker....well, banned.  Men, banned.  Too thin, banned..... Black hair gets covid way more....banned.  whatever metric you want...banned.  

Would point out old people are the majority in western countries.

As for 'fat', it's peoples personal choice to be fat or not, nobody forces them to overeat and underexercise.

I always wondered why I had to pay the same to fly as a person twice my weight?

Surely weight dependent transport should be charged per kilogram?

No need to restrict the food you eat, just exercise more to burn it off.

If you like eating cake, exercise 2 hours a day instead of 1 hour.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The solution is in their hands then. Go on a diet till not obese.

So soon in the thread a those salivating with sanctimony can't help themselves !

Not everyone with a BMI greater than 25 is at fault for their weight. Neither should people be blamed for their low IQ when making unintelligent comments - in both cases its often just down to genetics....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kennycrossfit said:

Do tell what companies make you eat sugar and drink beer. 

We've not had the medical excuses yet ....... "But it's my metabolism"

I don't feel like cycling 10Km this morning ...... but I'm still going ...... back in 30 minutes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out old people are the majority in western countries.

As for 'fat', it's peoples personal choice to be fat or not, nobody forces them to overeat and underexercise.

I always wondered why I had to pay the same to fly as a person twice my weight?

Surely weight dependent transport should be charged per kilogram?

No need to restrict the food you eat, just exercise more to burn it off.

If you like eating cake, exercise 2 hours a day instead of 1 hour.

For some or even many with a BMI over 25 a poor diet and a lack exercise is to blame. Not every overweight person can be tarred with the same bigoted brush.

Edited by richard_smith237

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't feel like cycling 10Km this morning ...... but I'm still going ...... back in 30 minutes.

And other's blame poor schooling for their lack of understanding and bigoted opinions.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What about people like me?

Yes i certainly do have a medical excuse.

16 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Don't eat American fast food, McD's, KFC etc and don't drink Coke and beer! How hard is it?

I dont eat any fast food, dont drink coke or beer.

So can you come up with a way i can lose weight?

I use my 3kg dumb bells every morning, but still cannot lose weight.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2