German virologist: Covid-19 is less deadly than we thought

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I was typing something, then i noticed your last line, and i decided not to scare you even more ????

Sorry, I meant the scaremongering about the millions which will die, if we don't stay locked up forever. I guess that is not what you were writing, so don't stop because of me.

• Like 1

Just now, tribalfusion001 said:

Learn something new everyday.

There are a lot of these videos going around and judging by the viewing figures of them, then more people are getting impartial information rather than the MSM. Some of my friends have turned from "wuflu" to "this is a scary virus" and now "why are we locked down".

I'm also asking friends from different parts of the world, but most think there's no way to stop the madness, although this morning someone posted a video of people protesting around the world, mostly in US.

Perhaps, slowly, some people are waking up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Sorry, I meant the scaremongering about the millions which will die, if we don't stay locked up forever. I guess that is not what you were writing, so don't stop because of me.

I've just been for a nice walk, bit windy with a chill so decided against queueing up at the supermarket, went to the petrol station to buy some chocolate bars instead. The garden centre was open, but queue outside otherwise I would have browsed around there for an hour.

I've sort of gone off track, but the point is, I'm doing not anything different to what I normally do here in the UK or Thailand, apart from sitting in a bar or a mall. After sitting on a plane with 400 other people from BKK to LHR at the of March for 12 hours I guess I'm not one of those prepared to put up the scaremongering.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, timendres said:

Now that real epidemiologists are able to get real numbers, they are almost universally coming to the same conclusion. Other governments may not be able to pull their collective heads out of their @____s, but in the US, we have seen clear evidence that the citizens will not put up with this cr@p any longer than is necessary. We will lead the world out of this scaredy cat nonsense if no one else will.

Yes, i have often criticised the US and the apparent naivety of its citizens ( sorry ) but recently i have the feeling that people in the US may lead the change of tide.

At this time one can only hope.

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, i have often criticised the US and the apparent naivety of its citizens ( sorry ) but recently i have the feeling that people in the US may lead the change of tide.

Their 2nd amendment or is it the first, the right to bear arms, is a good indication that Americans are not going to take draconian and authoritarian rules for very long. Good on them, I wish other countries will do the same.

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Their 2nd amendment or is it the first, the right to bear arms, is a good indication that Americans are not going to take draconian and authoritarian rules for very long. Good on them, I wish other countries will do the same.

I am not so sure that a few armed citizens can make the difference.

Protests are expected, and if they turn ugly, they would surely give the authorities a good reason to tighten the screws.

I think the only hope is with the numbers of people who may take a stand against this madness.

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Criticism is something we deserve and accept (at least I do). We are a country of outliers - good and bad. We can be quite naive at times, you might say idealistic, and quite insulated from the world at large. But you can count on us when it comes to fighting tyranny. I just wish we could vote in some good leadership. Sigh...

• Like 1

Just now, mauGR1 said:

Protests are expected, and if they turn ugly, they would surely give the authorities a good reason to tighten the screws.

I think the only hope is with the numbers of people who may take a stand against this madness.

I didn't mean armed resistance, but as in not having their freedoms taken away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

Interesting what this epidemiologist said about immunity. He said he expects it to be the same as other cornoaviruses-partial immunity for a couple of years and after, if you get sick again you won't get as sick.

Which is absolutely true unless you become as equally sick or sicker than the first time.

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Mmmmmmm, another one... Wonder if that will be removed from the net ?? Still on YouTube for now... 

You must be referring to the video of the 2 Californian doctors talking about this. The video is still easy to find, but YouTube took it off. Their estimates for covid-19 mortality in California was 0.03%... and for New York state, about 0.1%

1 minute ago, timendres said:

Criticism is something we deserve and accept (at least I do). We are a country of outliers - good and bad. We can be quite naive at times, you might say idealistic, and quite insulated from the world at large. But you can count on us when it comes to fighting tyranny. I just wish we could vote in some good leadership. Sigh...

As a British citizen I'm never critical of Americans apart from 1775 to 1783 when you forced us out lol. Apart from that we stood together in two world wars and the cold war.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

The US has more than "a few" armed citizens. The police know that, at some point, there is no choice but to back down. But we tend to turn the political tide before guns are needed. Our history is such that the politicians rob us blind (they make the crooks here look like amateurs), until they take it one step too far. They know they are one election from being ousted, and when the peaceful protests make it clear their office is on the line, they relent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

He's a scientist with the US military

I saw other US scientists using Facebook ads to ask people to come for a test, using unreliable tests known for giving a lot of false positives. Being a US scientists means nothing.

They all have their own motives for getting publicity.

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Of course he's only confirming what we can see with our own eyes. A mortality rate in some countries as low as 0.00007 per cent of the population obviously means this virus is not as lethal as it was cracked up to be.

These are your numbers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dimitriv said:

It's a conspiracy channel on youtube. They had this opinion already before they made this video. If you want to prove something you will always find someone to support you. I could easily make a video on youtube and find some people to prove the opposite.

He also interviewed Neil Ferguson. Maybe he is trying to ascertain the truth.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I've just been for a nice walk, bit windy with a chill so decided against queueing up at the supermarket, went to the petrol station to buy some chocolate bars instead. The garden centre was open, but queue outside otherwise I would have browsed around there for an hour.

I've sort of gone off track, but the point is, I'm doing not anything different to what I normally do here in the UK or Thailand, apart from sitting in a bar or a mall. After sitting on a plane with 400 other people from BKK to LHR at the of March for 12 hours I guess I'm not one of those prepared to put up the scaremongering.

Spot on! ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dimitriv said:

I saw other US scientists using Facebook ads to ask people to come for a test, using unreliable tests known for giving a lot of false positives. Being a US scientists means nothing.

They all have their own motives for getting publicity.

These are your numbers. 

Tell us more about these Facebook ads. How about some examples?

• Thanks 1

For heavens sake compare Covid 19 stats to seasonal flu or if you must Spanish flu. Wake up! This “pandemic” obfuscates an agenda of Governments to introduce totalitarianism measures without revolution.

Edited by Mayhem11
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

This German professor in the video speaks like a dedicated scientist, which he is. If there had been less restrictions there would be a lot more infected people and scientists would have a better opportunity to study how the infection spreads and how it leads to death in severe cases, he basically says and this is true.

An epidemiologist needs a big pool of "patient material" he can study to arrive at a meaningful conclusion. As it is at the moment, there are just not enough of us getting sick and dying because of the strict safety precautions that have been imposed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

He also interviewed Neil Ferguson. Maybe he is trying to ascertain the truth.

Neill Ferguson doesn't like to reveal his modelling science, but his modelling for foot and mouth was incorrect and his 500,000 deaths from covid-19 look a suspect model too.

• Like 1