German virologist: Covid-19 is less deadly than we thought

30 minutes ago, Logosone said:

So, if you actually dig deeper you'll see that whilst the press loves to make noise, in reality this study is not coming up with Jaws 2.0 of the virus. Relax.

Unfortunately, sub-editors seem to choose headlines to get as many clicks as possible.

The phrase 'mutant virus' was chosen to create fear

Edited by chessman
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Indeed, Professor Hendrik Streeck has to be taken seriously. He knows more about Covid 19 than we TVF experts all together!

There's always one crackpot expert that goes against mainstream acceptance of the majority of scientists. Always. 

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I have no respect for people and leaders who peddle incessantly unproven drugs that have dangerous side effects, against the advice of medical professionals.

I have no respect for people and leaders who denied and discounted the virus, now leaving the U.S. with a death toll heading toward 100,000 or more that already (at almost 70K now) is the highest in the world.

I have no respect for "deep state"/world order nuts who think the CV is some kind of conspiracy of governments and the media.

I haven't justified any research mistakes. But I did correctly point out that the current norm for scientific research findings re COVID is to publish them right away without waiting for peer review. There are obvious reasons for going that route. And yes indeed, that has sometimes produced the dissemination of flawed information and assumptions that later get corrected.

It seems to me that you have no respect for a lot of people, so do you think that encouraging the political divide among the people is a good thing ?

And what gives you the right to criticise other people's views, as you admit that there has been a "dissemination of flawed information" ?

So has the "dissemination of flawed information" ceased, and from now on we can expect only true information ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

From the video:

Unlike Bill Gates, the worlds leading virus expert, having made possible the huge and profitable Antivirus business, Professor Hendrik Streeck seems to be not so optimistic that a vaccine will come soon.

Bill Gates is evil

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Japan was suppose to be the next big one a few weeks ago, 536 deaths and 15000 infections, also Malaysia has gone quiet, 108 deaths and 6000 infections.

If you look at the Arcgis tracker, some countries have stalled and others accelerated. I see very little research explaining why countries have fared better or worse, some test more, some test, varied climates. The UK and USA have fared worst and generally have more obese people. A British medic today said at the 5pm press conference that obesity was a "big" factor and people should consider their health and weight.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

That's easy to understand that obesity is a high risk factor for many other health problems.

Heart problems, hip and knees and and and and........

But how do you educate a big country that eating at McDonald & Co. is not what their bodies need?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I read the whole report. You're just quoting additional portions from it. That notwithstanding, the report didn't claim the newer strain was more lethal, nor did my prior post.

But what the report does note is that a mutated strain could make it more difficult to develop an effective vaccine, and even more so, if the CV continues to mutate over time. For me, that was one of the main takeaways of their findings.

I think too many people are pinning there hopes on finding a vaccine. It may happen; it may not. I hope it does. The reality is we need to find a way to keep society and the world running while mitigating the damage and deaths whether we get a vaccine or not. Keeping everyone living in a cave until every nation works down to 0 transmissions isn't the answer. I'm not saying that lockdowns have no value. It's just they are not viable long term solutions and other societies have had good results without them. Unfortunately, the US can't get it's act together and the <deleted> show over there seems to be terrifying the rest of the world.

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Sometimes people who swim against the mainstream belief are correct. They should be taken seriously, especially when they present their views cogently.

especially so with a new virus like this, when even the people who seem to know the most would tell you that there is a lot we just don't know.

• Like 1