Cabinet okays 20 per cent off on water bills, metropolitan users get free use of first 10 cubic metres

webfact

Cabinet okays 20 per cent off on water bills, metropolitan users get free use of first 10 cubic metres

By THE NATION

800_031baea4a24239b.jpg?v=1588732842

The Cabinet has approved proposals by the Metropolitan Waterworks Authority (MWA) and Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA) to help ease the people’s burden during the Covid-19 situation by providing 20 discount on water bills until the end of June, Deputy Government Spokeswoman Rachada Thanadirek said on Tuesday (May 5).

“Customers of MWA [those in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakarn provinces] will get free use of the first 10 cubic metres of water, and the 20 per cent discount will kick in after the free 10 cubic metres are used up,” she said. “The collection fee of those who use less than 10 cubic metres per month will also be waived for that month.”

“The PWA, due to lack of liquidity, will not provide free usage of the first 10 cubic metres but will grant 20 per cent discount to private users,” added Rachada. “The normal service fee charged to PWA customers who pay their bills at 7-Eleven, Big C and Tesco Lotus will also be waived until June 30.”

Rachada added that the 20 per cent discount is only for private users, while government agencies and state enterprises nationwide will get 3 per cent discount on water bills without free usage of first 10 cubic metres until the end of June.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387374

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-06

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

10m3 is 10,000litres, right?

That's a lot for domestic use.

Will that apply to apartment building owners? or will they continue to ripoff their tenants with flagrant disrespect of the law???

12 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

Will that apply to apartment building owners? or will they continue to ripoff their tenants with flagrant disrespect of the law???

In theory, owners of more than five housing units (which would include apartment building landlords) can't charge more than the actual utility bill for water and electricity, plus up to 25% more for maintenance of distribution infrastructure within the building. In practice...

I'll be curious to see if I receive this discount or not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I think a lot of people around Thailand ,in drought areas,

would just be happy to have some water....never mind at a

discount.

A 20% discount on what bill.  The bill for receiving no water.  Thats like offering a discount at the gas station but not having any gas. 

On 5/6/2020 at 8:14 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

You've used 90,000litres of water?

Are you a business or you having a larf?

Nah ,Veg garden and Lawn. Waiting for a bit of rain to cut down the water bill at least in halve . ????

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Nah ,Veg garden and Lawn. Waiting for a bit of rain to cut down the water bill at least in halve . ????

Pls confirm you've used 90,000litres of water?

How much was your bill?

If you're using that amount of water regularly you should consider a well.

This is a joke, water is already cheaper than dirt my bill has never been more than 35 baht and that’s with daily showers and weekly laundry. If they really cared they would discount the electric bill which has seen a huge increase, my bill was over 1,000 more Baht than usual which is nonsense.

hahahahahaha, maybe a few days a week there is the slightest of trickle from the mains that dribbles into my underground tank (not enough pressure to actually fill a toilet in the house) so that 10,000 litres free should see me well into 2021 at the current rate !!

11 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Pls confirm you've used 90,000litres of water?

How much was your bill?

If you're using that amount of water regularly you should consider a well.

97 Units total cost THB 2,056.59     use  months Prior  Jan 39 Units Feb 47 Units Mar 61 Units 

It's been awful dry here . we are getting a Little rain now . 

Town water is Cheaper in the long run  than a Bore hole and an extra pump and paying for the power one uses.

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

97 Units total cost THB 2,056.59     use  months Prior  Jan 39 Units Feb 47 Units Mar 61 Units 

It's been awful dry here . we are getting a Little rain now . 

Town water is Cheaper in the long run  than a Bore hole and an extra pump and paying for the power one uses.

So you never used 90,000litres then?

For me a bore hole is great, totally off grid and not at the mercy of gov supply. No concerns if the resevoirs are empty, no concern if there's a drought etc.

To each their own.

3 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So you never used 90,000litres then?

For me a bore hole is great, totally off grid and not at the mercy of gov supply. No concerns if the resevoirs are empty, no concern if there's a drought etc.

To each their own.

No, I used 97,000 Ltr      7 Units More       97 Units= 97x 1,000 Ltr        1 Unit is 1,000 Ltr 

As I said Before that I Used  Up To 90 Units  But it 's More.  :mfr_closed1:

• Confused 1