Buying beer - do you check the production date?

17 hours ago, vogie said:

I have checked the price on Wishbeer, they quote 2,290 baht for 10 half litre bottles, the bar I used to go in charged about 170 baht a bottle but nobody drank it only me, so he stopped selling it. A sad day. A tad expensive but maybe I might treat myself for my birthday though.????

Happy birthday then ! :burp:  Vitus is as well available at Central Festival Pattaya ground floor - if I recall correctly - for THB 219.-- the bottle. This is where we buy it, might be available as well at other TOPS.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alien365 said:

I've never really understood the 'Brits drink warm beer' statement. I thought it was more that we don't drink ice cold lager which effectively removes all the taste. 

Thanks for the Vitus recommendation...........I'll see if my local Makro have any next time I go.

I suspect that this statement stems from the fact that some drink their Guinness warm. Implying that "beer" comprises all liquids such as Lager, Stout, Ale etc. I would never drink a warm "beer", tried a warm Guinness once - never again.

Oh, I forgot - you may be unlucky at Makro. Try TOPS instead or online.

Edited by moogradod

58 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I suspect that this statement stems from the fact that some drink their Guinness warm. Implying that "beer" comprises all liquids such as Lager, Stout, Ale etc. I would never drink a warm "beer", tried a warm Guinness once - never again.

Oh, I forgot - you may be unlucky at Makro. Try TOPS instead or online.

The only warm drink I've had is some organic cider. Even at the beer festivals in the UK I've never been given a 'warm' beer.

Just got back from Makro here and they have bottles at 190baht each. Not many foreign beers at my local Makro though so I might have been lucky this time (only 5 bottles of it on the shelf).