62 hospital staff in Narathiwat quarantined after patient tests positive for Covid-19

webfact

62 hospital staff in Narathiwat quarantined after patient tests positive for Covid-19

By THE NATION

800_73c2a4056a8d0ef.jpg?v=1588817081

Sixty-two staff of Sugnai Kolok Hospital in Narathiwat province were placed in quarantine after making contact with a man who came in with flu symptoms and tested positive for Covid-19.

“A 45-year-old man from Waeng district walked into the hospital on May 30 to be treated for flu,” said Dr Inn Chandaeng, the hospital director. “He stayed at a private room on the eighth floor of the hospital building, before asking to switch to a cheaper room on the sixth floor. Later he showed symptoms of pneumonia and tested positive for Covid-19.”

“The patient was in a high-risk group as he had just returned from a religious mission overseas,” said Inn, adding, “He was later transferred to Narathiwat Ratchankarin Hospital in Muang district for proper Covid-19 treatment.”

After being alerted to the situation, the director ordered a temporary shutdown of the hospital to disinfect the rooms and areas exposed to the patient. “I have also ordered a 14-day quarantine for 62 hospital staff who might have come in contact with the patient,” he said. “Of these, 20 had made direct contact while treating the patient. All of them were wearing suitable protective equipment while working.”

“We want to reaffirm to all our patients that the hospital has employed strict measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and is now ready to open as usual to treat patients,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387421

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-07

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

He stayed at a private room on the eighth floor of the hospital building, before asking to switch to a cheaper room on the sixth floor. Later he showed symptoms of pneumonia and tested positive for Covid-19.”

“We want to reaffirm to all our patients that the hospital has employed strict measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and is now ready to open as usual to treat patients,” he added.

You would think anyone with half a brain would have waited until the results came in, just plain stupid, really !

As for reaffirming strict measures, these were obviously not in place beforehand, definitely contradicting what he is saying. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A 45-year-old man from Waeng district walked into the hospital on May 30 to be treated for flu,

Was this last year or is this a prediction ...........LOL

• Haha 2

If this story is true then the dear Doctor should instantly be released from his position and go back

to medical school and learn something about health care and the spread of disease.

Otherwise nobody should ever go to a hospital in Thailand again !!!

Why is it that this propaganda gets more and more ridiculous every day ?

And why is it that people who post in here get more and more stupid every day ?

If any of this were true than the human race would be extinct for a very long time already !!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, realfunster said:

Jesus wept. You know, I really try to have a constructive and positive outlook on things - but man returns from well-known risk area with flu type symptoms....<deleted> !

Now they, and more importantly the local community, pay the price for their idiocy and at best, 62 hospital staff are out of action for 2 weeks, leaving an under-resourced hospital and at worst, they have already been spreading Covid.

We are all waiting for more information on the entire Global pandemic in the months ahead....but seeing this kind of thing I must already conclude that it is only a large slice of luck and other unknown mitigating factors (e.g temp/humidity/UV/prevalent virus strain) at play that have prevented Thailand having a major outbreak.

I would have to agree, if this had hit Thailand hard , you wouldn't want to think about it

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I wonder how long between him being admitted with flu like symptoms (having returned from a religious mission overseas) and actually being tested ?

Also, did he do a 14 day quarantine after returning from the religious mission overseas ??

As always, information is very limited 

I think 62 staff quarantined answers most of your questions.

16 hours ago, looking on the bright side said:

Good job, hopefully not any of  hospital staff is infected. Difficult to understand the stupidity of these pilgrim people. Do they really believe that they are spared because they believe?

Yes, they really believe. 

It make so many problem South Thailand now.

i am angry about them. Idiots. Phuket still closed because them. So selfish. 

I also angry Europe, UK and USA now reopen. 

They not control it. 100,000+ NEW case EVERYDAY. Not fix the problem, if reopen now, will increase AGAIN. SURE. Money, money, money. Idiots.

= economy broken, more dead people. For what?

i also angry China not be true about it. Selfish.

I am proud Ranong people work together cooperative and control it. But it difficult because so many selfish idiot in the world.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I am farang living in Narathiwat and it's hard to believe how he could have escaped all the health checks coming from abroad. The Narathiwat residents are all confined to our home province; the borders with Pattani, Yala and Malaysia are all closed and all public transport has been shut down, incl. Narathiwat Airport staying closed for an indefinite time.

I hope and pray to Allah that we will get out of this dire situation soon and we'll be able to celebrate a blessed Eid al-Fitr with our loved ones. In health and happiness.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

I am farang living in Narathiwat and it's hard to believe how he could have escaped all the health checks coming from abroad. The Narathiwat residents are all confined to our home province; the borders with Pattani, Yala and Malaysia are all closed and all public transport has been shut down, incl. Narathiwat Airport staying closed for an indefinite time.

I hope and pray to Allah that we will get out of this dire situation soon and we'll be able to celebrate a blessed Eid al-Fitr with our loved ones. In health and happiness.

And Christmas 2020 too!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 10:36 AM, realfunster said:

Jesus wept. You know, I really try to have a constructive and positive outlook on things - but man returns from well-known risk area with flu type symptoms....<deleted> !

Now they, and more importantly the local community, pay the price for their idiocy and at best, 62 hospital staff are out of action for 2 weeks, leaving an under-resourced hospital and at worst, they have already been spreading Covid.

We are all waiting for more information on the entire Global pandemic in the months ahead....but seeing this kind of thing I must already conclude that it is only a large slice of luck and other unknown mitigating factors (e.g temp/humidity/UV/prevalent virus strain) at play that have prevented Thailand having a major outbreak.

And STILL people believe the official figures????

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 2:51 PM, looking on the bright side said:

Good job, hopefully not any of  hospital staff is infected. Difficult to understand the stupidity of these pilgrim people. Do they really believe that they are spared because they believe?

Yes. They actually do believe that.

I know you weren't really asking.

The whole religion thing scares me.