Rules for work visa and permit transfer amidst COVID-19

Hi, I would like to know the rules/policies for work visa transfer during COVID-19? If a company hires an individual(expat) then what are the rules for work visa transfer and if new visa application is required then how visa run is to be managed amidst COVID-19 situation? Please advise if you know.

34 minutes ago, Matt0007 said:

...if new visa application is required then how visa run is to be managed amidst COVID-19 situation? Please advise if you know.

New visa applications are not possible at the present time. Even if you could get a new visa issued from a Thai embassy or consulate abroad, you would not be admitted into Thailand. Entry is prohibited for non-Thai people.

Your only option at the moment is to see if your work permit and extension of stay can be transferred without leaving the country.

• Like 1

Regarding work permit: I am currently stranded out of Thailand and my work permit is to expire on 17th of May.

However, my secretary was able to re-new my work permit today without any problems.

Just for information.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Prince77 said:

Regarding work permit: I am currently stranded out of Thailand and my work permit is to expire on 17th of May.

However, my secretary was able to re-new my work permit today without any problems.

Just for information.

Interesting to hear. I thought a passport, entry stamps, medical certificate were required to do a renewal.

I have applied for a new work visa but unfortunately my visa has not been issued. Would anyone know if the Ministry of Employment continues to issue visa for foreigners, or is currently on hold? And if on hold, is there a date when they can start issuing work visa again?

5 minutes ago, francisjohnoc said:

Would anyone know if the Ministry of Employment continues to issue visa for foreigners, or is currently on hold?

They do not issue visas or extension of stay. Immigration issues extensions of stay and in some cases will issue a non immigrant visa.