Masks had no impact, full lockdown had no impact - Study of 30 countries finds

Logosone

Ok, here is a study that finds that 'surgical and cloth masks' are ineffective in preventing SARS-CoV-2 penetrating the material.

The study did not look at the effectiveness in reducing the distance droplets can travel, only whether droplets could pass through the mask.

"...while it remains unclear just how large particles containing SARS-CoV-2 and carried by the breath are, estimates regarding the size of a similar coronavirus, SARS-CoV, suggest that “Surgical masks are unlikely to effectively filter” it."

This study did not aim to verify whether surgical or cloth masks are able to shorten the trajectory of droplets emitted through coughing.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/new-study-questions-the-effectiveness-of-masks-against-sars-cov-2#More-virus-on-outer-mask-surfaces

Social distancing is clearly the most important prevention strategy. Masks may have limited effectiveness when in close contact, but with social distancing being practiced, it may prevent droplets travelling the extra 'social distance' being observed. The study does not make a finding in this respect.

The op is making a conclusion, a conclusion the report specifically states should not be made. Thats it in a nutshell.

He has not posted his standard reply on this page of the thread yet. Wont be long.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

Q: What mistakes are other countries making? 

A: The big mistake in the U.S. and Europe, in my opinion, is that people aren’t wearing masks. This virus is transmitted by droplets and close contact. Droplets play a very important role—you’ve got to wear a mask, because when you speak, there are always droplets coming out of your mouth. Many people have asymptomatic or presymptomatic infections. If they are wearing face masks, it can prevent droplets that carry the virus from escaping and infecting others.

I appreciate that you clearly state that this is your opinion.
Nevertheless I do not agree.