Blending in.

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

i wouldn't mind a Ferrari and a Malibu mansion to park it in.

If you want to drive wimmin nuts, get

4 wheel drive or a Mercedes Benz SL

understated class is the biz.

37 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Sounds to me like you are simply insecure.

What does my insecurity have to do with comparing CM to BKK? Try sticking to the subject matter. 

Edited by racinkc1

3 minutes ago, racinkc1 said:

What does my insecurity have to do with comparing CM to BKK? Try sticking to the subject matter. 

Iv been feeling very alien in Chiang Mai. Im not trying to be Thai and I don't hang around any expats. I just try to be polite, tip well and mind my own business. But I don't feel welcome at all anymore.

This was the subject matter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, n00dle said:

This was the subject matter.

You left out about half the post and are clearly looking for a fight. Maybe troll someone else's post? Or start your own where you can argue with everyone? 

17 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

It's almost like there is a worldwide pandemic and CM is suffering through it too?

Huh. ????

Im not sure what to make of it. People have grown so cynical on the internet too. Especially on this forum.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Paid off one in the UK at age 43 for the former Brit wife ...... paying off a second in Thailand now for my former Thai wife.

Looking for a nice Viet or Khmer girl now so I can start working on buying a third house.

I believe the term is "glutton for punishment".

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

Haha. I hope I don't become that guy. She's not like that at all. When I stay with her she washes my clothes and cooks for me. Dream come true. Also educated. If we go out Ill pay, but what a 1 usd Pad Thai for the girl of my dreams? 

Good for you, just stay grounded. On the bedroom side, if she starts having orgasms, you are in like Flint.

17 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

You left out about half the post and are clearly looking for a fight. Maybe troll someone else's post? Or start your own where you can argue with everyone? 

you begin your post claiming that wherever you go, there you are.

You then proceed to talk about how hard you are trying to blend in, make some  remark about tipping and admit that you feel unwelcome.

I really dont think that your misgivings and discomfort will evaporate by moving to a larger city, certainly not pattaya.

I am suggesting that your insecurities are the root of your problem and picking up sticks isnt going to leave them behind.

If the locals make you feel unwelcome or uncomfortable, it may just be your issue.

Note that I am not saying that everyone will embrace your presence with open arms, but if you are comfortable enough in your environment, the few with a chip on their shoulder should not give you much pause. 

Sorry you feel I am trolling you, but your reaction to my trying to respond to your question just seems to empahsize that you feel put upon to begin with.

I will not bother you again.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 1:14 AM, racinkc1 said:

Avoid Thais in Thailand? Where do I go? No one really answered my question about where the strongest expat community is. Even the Expats are bothering me. They stare like they think they are Thais or something... Bloody hypocrites!! 

Try the Chiang Mai Expat Club as a starter, presume they are still functioning on the back burner. 

On 5/8/2020 at 8:44 PM, racinkc1 said:

I just try to be polite, tip well and mind my own business. But I don't feel welcome at all anymore.

Being polite works anywhere.

Thais don't expect tips, so don't unless the service is spectacular or you want more from the waitress than coffee.

Minding own business is good anywhere.

It's in your head. Have no expectations and be as happy as you can, given the present circumstances. People prefer happy people.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, n00dle said:

What does that have to do with it?

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did you miss the bit about being on an ed visa?

Given your senseless reaction to my post, let me spell it out for you.

What difference does his education visa make if he is able to move from cm to bkk or pattaya? 

It is obvious he is not tied to any particular location to attend classes, even if classes were likely to be ongoing at this point in time.

So I ask you again, what does that have to do with it ?

Edited by n00dle

On 5/10/2020 at 1:04 AM, Lacessit said:

Good for you, just stay grounded. On the bedroom side, if she starts having orgasms, you are in like Flint.

Many women fake them, but some physiological changes take place during a real one. If it's important, learn up on them.