“Successful” Thailand hangs its fate on vaccine quest

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

End of month flights resume. A minister told me. You can doubt all you want 

There are already flights...

Having flights and having tourists are two different things.

Did this minister also told you that all the restrictions would be lifted by the end of this month (insurance, certificate of non infection, quarantine...)?

Because it is a necessary step before even thinking about resuming tourism...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Did this minister also told you that all the restrictions would be lifted by the end of this month (insurance, certificate of non infection, quarantine...)?

International flights ban lifted 

On 5/9/2020 at 10:08 AM, conimex said:

As long as there is no vaccine, Thailand’s borders will be kept closed,  because a 2 nd wave of infections will be devastating, expats without work permits  may be will be allowed  to return , but they have to get in quarantaine, tourists are not allowed to enter, that means that the tourism industry will get bankrupt.

I hope you are wrong, if there is never a vaccine Thailand is closed. Not just the end of tourism but the end of Thailand in the world community.

You may be right though the government may decide that even when covid is over they prefer to keep Thailand insulated from the influence of outsiders.

You people are crazy has anyone received the vaccine for the common cold? it doesnt stop the flu it might ease the symptoms a little bit. Do people think this vaccine is going to stop this whatever the heck it is? And the economy falls on this vaccine curing this ya ok. Stay in your homes and lock the doors good luck.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Emirates are testing passengers at the terminal in Dubai. Lighten up folks the media and govt is creating gloom and doom.

47 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Yep it's over rated <deleted> 

This is what Greece is already doing.

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/05/09/when-and-how-will-tourists-be-able-to-travel-to-greek-islands/

The first phase of traveling to the islands by sea or air will be for people who own tourist businesses on the islands or are who are substitute teachers.

The second phase will be on Monday, May 18, when workers in tourism and the necessary work crews will be allowed to travel to the islands, provided they have documentation from their employer.

If all goes well by then, access to the islands will be free for Greeks and foreign travelers from June 1st. 

So I guess they're not really waiting for the vaccine. ????

Edited by lkv

On 5/9/2020 at 8:09 AM, Venom said:

Another 54 deaths in Thailand is very possible if there's a second wave! Once the economy is completely destroyed there could be 70 million of Thailand's poor and homeless people being herded like cattle into the food and free handout lines. Nobody knows for certain. 

I was going to, but 70 million of Thailand's snookered me!

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

This is what Greece is already doing.

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/05/09/when-and-how-will-tourists-be-able-to-travel-to-greek-islands/

The first phase of traveling to the islands by sea or air will be for people who own tourist businesses on the islands or are who are substitute teachers.

The second phase will be on Monday, May 18, when workers in tourism and the necessary work crews will be allowed to travel to the islands, provided they have documentation from their employer.

If all goes well by then, access to the islands will be free for Greeks and foreign travelers from June 1st. 

So I guess they're not really waiting for the vaccine. ????

The question is: will foreign travelers be welcome when going back home from Greece?

And the answer for the UK is no...arriving travelers will have to go into a mandatory 14 day quarantine...which will probably discourage almost everyone to travel.

Expect similar measures all over Europe.

It's going to be Hotel California in reverse: you can leave but you cannot come back!

9 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The question is: will foreign travelers be welcome when going back home from Greece?

And the answer for the UK is no...arriving travelers will have to go into a mandatory 14 day quarantine...which will probably discourage almost everyone to travel.

Expect similar measures all over Europe.

It's going to be Hotel California in reverse: you can leave but you cannot come back!

EU is likely to extend the ban for non EU citizens travelling into Europe to June 15.

Currently, this would expire on May 15.

Between May 15 and June 15, a travel relaxation within Schengen or EU is expected to happen.

After June 15th, the EU will likely accept incoming non EU passengers.

Edited by lkv

4 hours ago, tomauasia said:

Who gives a toss. The gates must reopen and life must go on. It's only dumb and dirty people that will contract this virus. Block dumb China and start letting people in that have been coming for years with good records. These forums to much talk about what is. Fact is Thais are opening end of month. So will all need another topic to moan about 

Another topic to moan about ?  Wasn't the closure of the world big enough for you ?   You're brand new straight out of the box.... I've been living here for thirty years, not a stain on my character, worked on the biggest projects in the country, speak Thai, and it's touch and go now whether i get into the country..... If you can't see what's coming for westerners in this country then you've been locked up too long ....... I take it by your "Dumb and Dirty" comment that you're a supporter of that imbecile Anutin.... The government is already on it's knees getting ready to give that Chinese Ar$E a good kissing in the hope that they'll save their miserable backsides now that they've destroyed the tourism industry, yes all those dumb and dirty people that turned Thailand into a tourist destination, it certainly wasn't the Chinese..........   Brand new......  

1 hour ago, alant said:

I hope you are wrong, if there is never a vaccine Thailand is closed. Not just the end of tourism but the end of Thailand in the world community.

You may be right though the government may decide that even when covid is over they prefer to keep Thailand insulated from the influence of outsiders.

That's been their plan over the last few years, get rid of those pesky westerners then we can beat the B-Jesus out of the locals without too many witnesses...... Also bring in our Chinese/Asian brothers because we're all the same, not like those "Dirty" foreigners. It's exactly the same policy as the WW2 dictator Phibun who kissed the backside of the Japanese and then jailed all the westerners in the country..... And like Phibun this bunch of loons are backing the wrong horse, they'll do the same as Phibun did when it all turns to sticky stuff and do a runner leaving the country in the hands of China.......   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alant said:

This guy is on drugs lol. Flights resume in a month. You will need medical prior and travel insurance for COVID 19. Not listen to this nonsense. I been informed from a official. 

3 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Another topic to moan about ?  Wasn't the closure of the world big enough for you ?   You're brand new straight out of the box.... I've been living here for thirty years, not a stain on my character, worked on the biggest projects in the country, speak Thai, and it's touch and go now whether i get into the country..... If you can't see what's coming for westerners in this country then you've been locked up too long ....... I take it by your "Dumb and Dirty" comment that you're a supporter of that imbecile Anutin.... The government is already on it's knees getting ready to give that Chinese Ar$E a good kissing in the hope that they'll save their miserable backsides now that they've destroyed the tourism industry, yes all those dumb and dirty people that turned Thailand into a tourist destination, it certainly wasn't the Chinese..........   Brand new......  

China destroyed Thailand tourism and the country as a whole. I'm married to a Thai national who unfortunately works with the current government group of destroyers. China checkmate there weapon worked a treat. I'm sick of story telling. ARMY have no finance knowledge and will let China back in there desperate. Reserve bank empty. CHINA now own the Thai army pants and all. Borders will open and quickly..Farangs will find something else to yap on about. 

4 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

You people are crazy has anyone received the vaccine for the common cold? it doesnt stop the flu it might ease the symptoms a little bit. Do people think this vaccine is going to stop this whatever the heck it is? And the economy falls on this vaccine curing this ya ok. Stay in your homes and lock the doors good luck.

There will be know Thai vaccine. Pipe dream 

On 5/8/2020 at 11:33 AM, Crossy said:

Those dividers do at least allow couples to dine together and still keep to the rules. The office have similar with very thin cling-film type plastic and the offer very little resistance to normal conversation.

And the thousands of Thai '24 hour' out of town 'Resorts' are all set to take over from traditional hotels as their rows of 'boom boom bungalows' have perfect social distances between them already...555.

12 hours ago, tomauasia said:

China destroyed Thailand tourism and the country as a whole. I'm married to a Thai national who unfortunately works with the current government group of destroyers. China checkmate there weapon worked a treat. I'm sick of story telling. ARMY have no finance knowledge and will let China back in there desperate. Reserve bank empty. CHINA now own the Thai army pants and all. Borders will open and quickly..Farangs will find something else to yap on about. 

Farangs will just leave, simple as that....... there's a lot more countries in the world than just Thailand....... It used to be good, now it's over......