Staying at home - what we don't know is more than what we do!

jmccarty

2/3 of new patients in NYC had been staying at home.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shocking-two-thirds-patients-recently-200545019.html

"They're not working; they're not traveling," Cuomo said of these recently hospitalized coronavirus patients. "We were thinking that maybe we were going to find a higher percent of essential employees who were getting sick because they were going to work — that these may be nurses, doctors, transit workers. That's not the case. They were predominantly at home."

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

As soon as all this started, i was thinking through myself: "this looks like a "couch potato" disease.

That said without offense, of course, and it seems this stat is supporting my theory.

Possibly lots of people who go out of their homes after 2 months of lock down, could be at risk of getting ill.

• Sad 1

This story about 66% of cases in Ny are with people who stayed home is nonsense. They came into contact with someone. For example, said positive patient stayed home and was delivered food or something from an infected person. Or a family member was infected who didn’t stay home. Common sense. 

Edited by wmlc
Subscribe to thread forgot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wmlc said:

This story about 66% of cases in Ny are with people who stayed home is nonsense. They came into contact with someone. For example, said positive patient stayed home and was delivered food or something from an infected person. Or a family member was infected who didn’t stay home. Common sense. 

I think it just means we need to lockdown harder.  Hopefully technology will advance so we can achieve 100% lockdown where we are able to get food and necessities without ever coming into contact with another human being.  For example, all deliveries being subjected to an hour of UV light prior to being touched.  Obviously this would need to occur at each step of the supply chain where an item is passed from 1 human to another.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tlock said:

I think it just means we need to lockdown harder.  Hopefully technology will advance so we can achieve 100% lockdown where we are able to get food and necessities without ever coming into contact with another human being.  For example, all deliveries being subjected to an hour of UV light prior to being touched.  Obviously this would need to occur at each step of the supply chain where an item is passed from 1 human to another.

I think you are delusional!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tlock said:

And you would want to eat that???

• Haha 1

it is  clear now,that obviously most of the so called political elite are nuts !

"They're not working; they're not traveling," Cuomo said of these recently hospitalized coronavirus patients. "

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday

Yes, the majority of the hospitalized patients mostly stay at home and do not work,because only the most of the hospitalized ones are old age AND have servere other  diseases (diabetes,, overweight, cancer etc.)

Most of  the infected people (those of younger age and without severe other diseases ) have nearly no symptoms or just very slight once (these people do NOT get hospitalized!!

these political "elites" is confronting us with so much stupidity,  I still cant believe this is for real!

and YES, this stupid terrorizising of fit and healthy people with forcing them to stay home will not prevent that the vulnearable part of the society will get the virus at some point (sonner or later). That is the reason, why before, we did not shut down the whole society when there was a pandemic virus like  a flu in the past. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dieter1 said:

it is  clear now,that obviously most of the so called political elite are nuts !

They are not the elite.

They are sociopaths who jumped on an opportunity to get elected.

The day before they were elected, they were actors, hairdressers or bartenders like AOC (Alexandra...).

Many of them are barely literate: W Bush, Trump, Pelosi...others are senile: Biden

In normal times, they rely on the giant administration to do the day to day work, but in a time of crisis they have to make daily major decisions by themselves, something for which they are not fit at all, with very few exceptions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tlock said:

I think you should take a chill pill and relax a bit. It seems like you're overthinking the whole situation.