Non-imm B Extension...no Work Permit

Hello there! I was issued a multiple entry non-immigrant B visa in UK 3 months ago. The company which offered me the job (and supplied the letter in support of the non-imm B visa) has not yet been able to provide the work permit but is planning to very soon.

Next week I must do my visa run. Will I get a 3 month entension? Will a supporting letter from my prospective employee help? Any other supporting evidence that I should take?

Many Thanks for any info!

If the company is ready to issue the letter, you may be better asking Immigration for an extension on the existing 3 months entry stamp.

Check with your company, if they have already started paperwork on your behalf you may invalidate that by going in and out.

If the company is ready to issue the letter, you may be better asking Immigration for an extension on the existing 3 months entry stamp.

Check with your company, if they have already started paperwork on your behalf you may invalidate that by going in and out.

If the company hasn't got approval for a WP over months, I wonder whether the application has actually been lodged.

If the company hasn't got approval for a WP over months, I wonder whether the application has actually been lodged.

Positive thinking please. Perhaps the company just does not know what to do?

I am not joking. More often than not, a job is offered by the boss, who assures WP no problem. The instruction is passed on to the admin person, who probably has no idea what to do, neither will admit to this.

Perhaps a little bit of help mith help to get the WP applied for.

Tell her/him what way to go and what to do.

Talk to them now! I was given my walking papers 5 days before my visa expired. Don't wait for any surprises. I asked them to return every document I had given them and they were still sitting in a folder on a shelf. :o

I got an extension after explaining I got screwed, no questions asked.

Heck, an immigration officer even made a phone call to try and get me a job. :D