Small Above Ground Water Tank?

NCC1701A

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah ^^^.

Our 2,400L tanks have a 1" fitting at the bottom which is the water inlet (vertical pipe and float inside the tank) and a 2" outlet.

Do put a valve on your tank outlet, you don't want to waste a tank full if the pump goes wrong and needs to be pulled.

Your diagram, and my tank, have the water INLET at the top where the ballcock fits. At the bottom are two outlets, one to go to the pump and the other, as you show it, to drain the tank if ever necessary.

9 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Your diagram, and my tank, have the water INLET at the top where the ballcock fits. At the bottom are two outlets, one to go to the pump and the other, as you show it, to drain the tank if ever necessary.

Indeed they do, as that was how our original tank was arranged when I did the diagram.

The new tank has the inlet fitting at the bottom with an internal pipe to the top and the ball valve.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CGW said:

above prone to failure or i was unlucky.

Ive been unlucky with them as well, in my underground tank ive fitted a new one atleast twice a year.... I now have a shut of valve fitted instead.

I found that ball cock failure was due to constant "high" pressure, now I know it's not "high", but for some reason they don't like it or even need it, I have the tank fill stop cock set really slow, problem gone, plus the fill will just amble away under no stress, and it's quieter...???? 

8 minutes ago, Arjen said:

When it is just a 5 seconds powerfailure it is a bit overdone to install solar system. You are much cheaper, and easier with a few UPS'  on the sensitive equipment. Even a fridge can run a few minutes on a normal UPS.

Arjen.

thanks i actually have two now. they work great. 

55 minutes ago, Arjen said:

It is possible that a to high pressure makes the ball cock fail. But placing a valve before the ball cock will not reduce the pressure even a MBar when the ball valve is closed. Probably the ball valve needs a low flow to be able to close?

Arjen.

My feed valve is virtually closed, I can just hear water flow, no more problems....