Boris says wear a mask.

Yinn

4 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

So far, to date, 287,293 people have died from Covid-19 throughout the world.

I take it that none of these 287,293 had ever worn one of your beloved face masks, and if they all had, there would have been no deaths whatsoever from the pandemic ? 

Get real Yinn !

I not say that. 

But it proof of that face mask reduce coronavirus spread. 

People no know now they have it. For 1-10 days. In that time, they can be the spreader= more people die. 

Face mask important, but also wash your hand, social distance and not touch thing that might have it.

i am so bored with coronavirus now. I want it finish quickly. Not argue with me and Boris, just behave, and we can have normal life again quickly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Masks may have some limited value, IF (a big if) they are used correctly.  However, most people don't know how to use them correctly, or are just wearing them as a show of "solidarity", so from a medical or public health point of view they are counterproductive.

There is no need to wear one if you are just walking down the road or driving or riding your bike.  

The important thing to remember is that most masks will do NOTHING to keep you safe from others. A virus can penetrate most masks as easily as a man can walk under the Arc d'Triomphe.  They may do a very slight bit to prevent YOU from spreading the virus, IF you have it and IF you are wearing the mask correctly.  However, it is far better to maintain proper hand discipline (don't touch your face, door handles, etc), wash with soap, and so on.

Thais are like sheep though and they've got this into their tiny little minds

As I said earlier most people are wearing them multiple times/days and they are filthy, holding all kinds of nasty bacteria etc

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

No it's probably coffee or tea or coke that has dribbled out of their mouth 

Well, face masks are sometimes referred to as coughy-filters...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Facemasks work.

They give people wearing them the illusion that they are protected, so that they are not worried or anxious.

So you are hinting that face masks are nothing more than just a masquerade? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Follow Thailand?

I'm pretty sure China, HK, Taiwan & Singapore were wearing them way before that

Indeed. Thailand followed other Asian countries in terms of wearing face masks but now for some reason Yinn thinks Thailand invented them and "Euros" will be copying Thailand if they decide to wear them also.

I actually agree with Yinn that wearing facemasks is a good idea and I wear one myself, but her claim that Thailand is some kind of world leader in this regard is not accurate. Thailand is simply copying other Asian cultures as they so often do.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Maybe the brown is the virus?

i happy it in their mask, better than the brown on me.

My daughter, who is a nurse in ICU in the UK, has long advised me to wear a mask. She also advised me to wash them thoroughly and wear a clean mask every day.

For me, and my daughter agrees, the big difference between Thailand and the UK is quarantining all entrants to the country for 14 days. Britain will start doing this in a couple of weeks but people will be allowed to self quarantine. Thailand tried that and found that people just weren't observing the rules so moved to quarantine in government facilities. Australia, another country that has been successful in containing the pandemic, do the same. For the UK too little, far too late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

I see people wearing the same scabby cheap surgical mask everyday

When they pull it down you can see the brown discolouring from their breath, YUK

Mmmmmm! Aroy mak! Tastes like Phad Thai!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Anyway, if you want to enter shop in thailand, New York, China, France or UK, or go on train or bus, the rule is wear a mask.

Some people disagree. 

IMO is very sensible. Not difficult. 

Stop telling lies, it's not law in US, France or UK to wear a mask in any place

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Logosone said:

"We found that closure of education facilities, prohibiting mass gatherings and closure of some non-essential businesses were associated with reduced incidence whereas stay at home orders, closure of all non-businesses and requiring the wearing of facemasks or coverings in public was not associated with any independent additional impact. Our results could help inform strategies for coming out of lockdown."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.01.20088260v1

From the article:

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Why don't you show us the study which proves that wearing a face mask reduces transmission or deaths related to SARS Cov2? The one which no doubt informs Boris Johnson's impeccable scientific approach, that is in no way underpinned by experts too busy with surveying OK Cupid for women.

• Like 2