Covid-19: Netizens praise foreigner for handing out free gasoline in Phuket

webfact

13 hours ago, Letseng said:

Tried to blow a candle out while wearing a mask?

This will show you how "useless" these are.

Hardly a scientific test. The mere fact you can breathe through it means it is porous. The size of the virus is microscopic the pores on the masks (which don't form a seal on your face anyway) are not. There's a reason why workers in hazardous labs wear bio suits. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 4:12 PM, sambum said:

Not "totally" useless - if you have the virus and you cough or sneeze, they can stop the droplets from getting through. But to wear one yourself as a means of protection from the virus - totally agree. And the Minister of Health should know by now!

COVID doesn't cause people to sneeze ......... why mention it?

And unless you wear eye protection as well as a mask, the virus will get you in the eyes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 10:06 AM, JoePai said:

and some moron in the middle without a mask !

And some moron on Thaivisa who is so full of envy that he want to criticize a person who has just given away a few hundred thousand baht to help out Thais, who poses for a photo shoot to announce his charitable event

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can never understand why anyone, wherever they are from, gets pleasure in advertising their 'generosity'. There are many many people here and around this little planet we live on whose generosity is absolutely mind boggling - and yet they all do it without the need to have their face/name plastered all over the place. Be humble everyone, it's actually a good feeling.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2020 at 4:02 AM, TooBigToFit said:

Thai Mototaxi Guy: Oh farang rich. Good Good. Thank you. Come back soon with more bikes. Thanks you. Farang rich and can pay always.

Thai Mercedes Benz Driver: Very good. Thank you. It all helps my workers survive.

Thai middle class in a Toyota: I wonder if these people getting freebies ever wonder why they never have any money and foreigners do?

W.t.f? No bike taxis and few Merc or Toyota bikes last I heard. Perhaps reread op and try again.

On other hand, perhaps taxi riders will feel aggrieved at being left out and extract revenge on not-aussie Willy. Fair play though :thumbsup:

On 5/12/2020 at 5:46 PM, KarenBravo said:

Talk to Thais that rent property. It's black and white. Rent isn't being lowered even though the tenant's business is closed.

Please give us one example of one of the main five families being charitable. Haven't seen a single article in any publication showing their charity.

Also, this is not my opinion, it's the opinion of local Thais that I have spoken with.

Well now, seems one of the main families has donated 10 million Baht............for a surveillance system. How out of touch do you have to be?

On 5/12/2020 at 4:33 AM, Surasak said:

but a proper cotton mask will give possibly the best protection

Sorry, but you have made a slight mistake.  The best masks for better protection are more than cotton as that is not sufficient to stop things properly.  A proper mask requires layers of materials which includes more than mere cotton.  Also, most masks leak like crazy and allow leakage because they do not fit properly, especially over the nose and around the ends of the mouth.  Part of my job as a Clinical Psychologist has been to help conduct experiments and tests with some Experimental Psychologists.  Look at some videos from Finland and Canada that use green lasers to display what happens when a person either sneezes or coughs using different types of masks.  You will be surprised at what happens.

'nuf sed.

6 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Sorry, but you have made a slight mistake.  The best masks for better protection are more than cotton as that is not sufficient to stop things properly.  A proper mask requires layers of materials which includes more than mere cotton.  Also, most masks leak like crazy and allow leakage because they do not fit properly, especially over the nose and around the ends of the mouth.  Part of my job as a Clinical Psychologist has been to help conduct experiments and tests with some Experimental Psychologists.  Look at some videos from Finland and Canada that use green lasers to display what happens when a person either sneezes or coughs using different types of masks.  You will be surprised at what happens.

'nuf sed.

So, be so kind as to let us all know where multi layer masks can be purchased over the counter? One thing for sure, these white and green flimsy masks that most people are relying on, are about as much use as tits on a fish. They might as well not bother with them.