Covid-19: Netizens praise foreigner for handing out free gasoline in Phuket

webfact

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

One foreigner helps gives out some free Gasaline and this somehow confirms the negative bias of some posters with chip on their shoulder that the wealthy Thai's are doing nothing - In reality it just highlights the unbalanced negative bias of some posters.

I've seen plenty of Wealthy Thai's handing out fairly significant sums of money (people queuing up) and also preparing and handing out food.

Benevolence is not only displayed by foreigners in Thailand - the very thought would be idiotic.

Talk to Thais that rent property. It's black and white. Rent isn't being lowered even though the tenant's business is closed.

Please give us one example of one of the main five families being charitable. Haven't seen a single article in any publication showing their charity.

Also, this is not my opinion, it's the opinion of local Thais that I have spoken with.

A fair enough criticism if this is not solely directed at Thailand. In this case there are scores of wealthy people doing very little everywhere. Yes, this is a Thai orientated thread, but it is important to place this criticism in an international perspective otherwise it implies that the Wealthy Thai's are the only selfish wealthy people in the world.

An additional point: Why would the Wealthy Thai's need to announce they are donating to the poor etc...

A couple of extremely Wealthy Thai's I know have been handing out money but its not been in the media as its a non-story, so many others of more moderate means are also assisting.

My Brother in Law has donated a lot of food from his restaurant, lots of people are doing what they can.

I don't know if any of the top 5 families have done anything to aid those struggling. They most certainly should be doing something, perhaps they are and we have just not heard about it.

Edited by richard_smith237

10 hours ago, JoePai said:

and some moron in the middle without a mask !

Guess it's him, the Willy from Austria, when so it'd tell a thing or two about him, but as psychiatry(*) seems to remain an undiscovered branch of the medical science in the LoS...

(* though the "market" for schrinks is IMO HUGE here, I'm quite sure for many, and varied, reasons about nobody will be found ready to pay for the part of their personality being revealed, while making them suffer, but most probably make them lose face when so...)

3 hours ago, schvonsky1 said:

So what as long as no one is coughing on him no problem ya loon

Erm, "schvonsky1", sorry but it is THE OPPOSITE! Still didn't get it, do you, hmm?

Not the brightest at home, possibly. Not my problem, I'd say, was it not that that what you write might bring not-much-more-clever-persons on TV into the wrong direction, so I chose to waste these 2 minutes on you.

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Talk to Thais that rent property. It's black and white. Rent isn't being lowered even though the tenant's business is closed.

Please give us one example of one of the main five families being charitable. Haven't seen a single article in any publication showing their charity.

Also, this is not my opinion, it's the opinion of local Thais that I have spoken with.

My  landlord in Chiang Mai gave me 2000b off very nice family

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wazzupnow said:

when will we ever hear a chinese farang giving anything away for free 

only thing we ever got for free from them was covid 19

and for the antidote they will make us pay heavely

"A chinese farang" can someone explain the contradiction to this guy, I've got too tired of this kind. Just a short message to him: read, a lot, before you write, a little. Please!

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1

With regards to wearing of masks, it is expected. Anutin has already threatened to deport those who are falang and do not wear masks. This picture just reinforces the fact that falangs are dirty and uncooperative.The

It also reinforces the stereotype that falang are rich and stupid. A fool and his money are soon parted, as the saying goes. Stereotypically, the recipients of the free gasoline, or petrol to us Brits, will now ask all falang: why can't you do this?

With regards to the rich families, what's it got to do with anyone what they do and do not do to help others? The government tried to shame them, but had their assets handed them by the top 20 richest in the country. 

Edited by Scott Tracy
Spelling correction, and a comment about Germany being nice this time.of year has been removed.
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, OnTheRun said:

Moron? A bit harsh, these masks that leak the covid virus through like water in a collander, before you get too upset I wear these totally inadequate masks to go with the flow in the full knowledge they are totally useless.

• Like 2

A person could hand out a pot of gold, yet there are those who would find fault with the weight, distribution and intention of such generosity. I am grateful that my capacity for understanding extends to the dismisal of such creatures of fault.

I rarely review replies to my posts, much to my pleasure.

Edited by Benmart
Add words
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

My  landlord in Chiang Mai gave me 2000b off very nice family

Thank you. The truth, in your case, is evidenced by your post. The reality of human kindness and diversity is often masked by falsehood, based on prejudice, bigotry, alcohol and ignorance. Happily, I shun the negative and gravitate towards positive forces.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OnTheRun said:

Moron? A bit harsh, these masks that leak the covid virus through like water in a collander, before you get too upset I wear these totally inadequate masks to go with the flow in the full knowledge they are totally useless.

Tried to blow a candle out while wearing a mask?

This will show you how "useless" these are.

4 hours ago, Letseng said:

Tried to blow a candle out while wearing a mask?

This will show you how "useless" these are.

That reduction in the intake of oxygen and exhalation of carbon dioxide is what makes them less than useless for many.  As cracker1 states, many places don't recommend them, and they're not for everyone even where they are the norm.  And definitely not recommended during physical exertion.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

If you wear a proper mask, it is one layer between you and the virus. If you meet someone

else who has a mask on it is 2 layers between you and the virus. This is not rocket 

science people, but I guess some of you genuises are related to Donald Trump.

THe USA is getting hit hard now because of the red neck attitude and lack of

caution.  I live only 200 kms from their border and hope it stays closed all this

Summer.

Geezer

• Like 1

Just now, Stargrazer9889 said:

f you wear a proper mask, it is one layer between you and the virus. If you meet someone

else who has a mask on it is 2 layers between you and the virus. This is not rocket 

What about eye protection?

Maybe you aren't a rocket scientist after all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Jo. You need to read up on the use of masks. Many countries do not recommend them ! 
And rightly so.

Just goes to show hoe stupid and dumb those people are !

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If you wear a proper mask, it is one layer between you and the virus. If you meet someone

THe USA is getting hit hard now because of the red neck attitude and lack of

caution.  I live only 200 kms from their border and hope it stays closed all this

Summer.

Geezer

There's more to it, it is not as simple as you portrait.

Well Steven, when I go shopping and I still see people with their toddlers

shopping, caughing sneezing etc. I usually let the parents know that it

only takes one person with the virus contacting them, and they along with

their little angels will get sick.  Even in the city I live in there is more and more

people shopping with masks, glasses and goggles, and using gloves, with

the wipes as well. Being cautious is better than being sick or Dead.

Geezer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Well Steven, when I go shopping and I still see people with their toddlers

shopping, caughing sneezing etc. I usually let the parents know that it

only takes one person with the virus contacting them, and they along with

their little angels will get sick.  Even in the city I live in there is more and more

people shopping with masks, glasses and goggles, and using gloves, with

the wipes as well. Being cautious is better than being sick or Dead.

Geezer

Being cautious, yes. But why are you denying a very real scientific discussion on whether wearing masks helps reducing spread yes or no?

19 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Sorry but I don't share the happy feelz for this "gesture". The guy is handing out gas for people who aren't really in dire need, meanwhile contributing to the already widespread stereotype of farang as rich and gullible making us all targets later on when the need becomes greater (and it will become greater - there is no way Thailand goes back to business as usual this year).

How do you KNOW all of those people who aren't really in dire need?

As for "meanwhile contributing to the already widespread stereotype of farang as rich and gullible making us all targets later on when the need becomes greater (and it will become greater".

Just spreading the stereotypes as usual. 

If he wants to spend HIS money in this fashion, who are you to knock him? 

His money, his choice and it costs you nothing.

• Like 1