Expat stuck in Holland

Following on from my previous query re my expat Dutch friend stuck in Holland waiting to return home here to his wife.  He has asked me, being in situ, the following:-

""I checked the CAAT regulations and it appears they have not cancelled this mandatory 100.000 USD health insurance and proof that you are corona virus free. I am absolutely certain that the newspapers reported that the Thai authorities abolished this requirement but it seems that nobody told  CAAT yet.. What do you think? Obviously I cannot obtain such a health insurance and I doubt whether the average tourist can.  Same applies to this corona test certificate. Here in Holland nobody can do such a test, unless you are already infected. Bit silly really, because by that time you are already in hospital and unable to travel"".

Can anyone help with the latest on this or provide a link?

Many thanks.

At the minute this is academic, because entry into Thailand is restricted to Thai citizens only.

The government will publish updated requirements when the borders are open again.

Like everywhere else, it will be a balance between allowing entry and keeping people safe.

4 minutes ago, blackcab said:

At the minute this is academic, because entry into Thailand is restricted to Thai citizens only.

And even they are not free to enter - they must obtain paperwork from Thai Consulate and wait for official flight and pay for return passage and then spend 2 week in government quarantine facilities.   

1 hour ago, TuanLindsay said:

mandatory 100.000 USD health

They're discussing a 300b tax on arrival for everyone, to cover the insurance, so i read in a big bkk newspaper. They need the tourists back, bet they do anything for that to happen.