Emquartier fakes opening to prepare for the real thing

snoop1130

Emquartier fakes opening to prepare for the real thing

By The Nation

800_f3e2d779b419354.jpg

The Mall Group is preparing for the lifting of lockdown measures by organising a pretend opening of the Emquartier shopping mall on Tuesday (May 12) with the aim of boosting public confidence and trying out its UV-C sanitising technology both inside and outside the mall.

The government is expected to allow shopping malls to reopen on May 17, as well as launch new “touch-free” measures in line with the “new normal” brought about by the contagion.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387717

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-12

• Haha 1

I wouldn't dare to use their UV-C gate. If it does anything at all, it will probably give me skin cancer.

I happened to be in the area yesterday and I read their ridiculous "new normal" info posters. I for one won't install their app and provide them with my passport number - if that will be a requirement at EmQuartier as well as all the other major malls, I will just continue to shop online.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

New normal. That is a very dangerous and misleading logo. Inferring that the actions taken to contain this virus are normal and should be viewed as such is a gross violation of the computer crimes act by spreading untruths and causing public confusion and panic. These measures should only ever be viewed as temporary until we can return to our 'old normal'

The Chinese released a virus that has curtailed the rights of people around the globe. Well played China we are all marching to your tune it seems with tracking apps and curfews in place to pacify the populace. Global conquest without a shot being fired. Well played indeed. 

Edited by jonclark
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 8:28 AM, Caldera said:

I wouldn't dare to use their UV-C gate. If it does anything at all, it will probably give me skin cancer.

I happened to be in the area yesterday and I read their ridiculous "new normal" info posters. I for one won't install their app and provide them with my passport number - if that will be a requirement at EmQuartier as well as all the other major malls, I will just continue to shop online.

Yes, better to stay home for maybe the next 5 years. Get up, get food and drink 7 eleven, go home watch TV goto bed.

Maybe better to lose the attitude and paranoia and realise your a guest in a foreign country.