Deliver passport from Bangkok to Chiang mai

Nik23

Hi everyone,
I live in Chiang mai and I want to pick up my new passport from my embassy in Bangkok.

I cannot go myself because I will have to be self-quarantine 14 days when I return to Chiang mai.They told me from the embassy I can use courier service to make the pick up.

Do you know any reputable courier service to do this task?

**I already talk with Kerry Express and it’s not possible for 2 reasons:

a)They dont guarantee delivery !!!! and

b)I cannot pay from Chiang mai .I have to do this from their call center and the  embassy has to pay the delivery to Chiang mai and this is not a option.

I need a reputable service and the option to pay for this from Chiang mai.

Thanks

My friend was in a similar situation last year, before covid, and he got someone to put the passport on a bus from pattaya to Sisaket. 

I was horrified by the idea, but he received his passport with no drama at Sisaket bus station. 

I know this isn't going to interest you, but I thought I'd throw it out there. 

2 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

My friend was in a similar situation last year, before covid, and he got someone to put the passport on a bus from pattaya to Sisaket. 

I was horrified by the idea, but he received his passport with no drama at Sisaket bus station. 

I know this isn't going to interest you, but I thought I'd throw it out there. 

This is definitely more secure than the Passport Service sending it to your address, which apparently isn't secure enough so you have to pick it up from Bangkok.

Mine was picked up by this American guy I knew through beer.. He picked it up with a fake ID because he didn't trust the UK government with his real details. I told them this, they haven't changed their policy.

• 6 months later...