Koh Samui - Penang - Firefly

I have just been offered a return flight Samui-Penang with the new operator Firefly for 3,780 baht, via there website

Forget about making a telephone reservation, I spent 20 minutes listening to a recorded message.

Although more expensive than going overland, I usually take the bus to Hat Yai from Donsak and spend a night each direction in Hat Yai. I still think this is reasonable value for money, considering the trip will now be so much quicker, only 2 nights away, as oposed to 4 or 5 going overland.

At first I thought I had got thge ticket for 690 baht return but on the payment screen they suddenly want to hit me for another 3,090 baht which they call administration / other fees.

Why do airlines do this? It cheeses me of.

Has anyone else booked with them yet and managed to get a better deal

MM

Edited by mosquitoman

I have just been offered a return flight Samui-Penang with the new operator Firefly for 3,780 baht, via there website

Forget about making a telephone reservation, I spent 20 minutes listening to a recorded message.

Although more expensive than going overland, I usually take the bus to Hat Yai from Donsak and spend a night each direction in Hat Yai. I still think this is reasonable value for money, considering the trip will now be so much quicker, only 2 nights away, as oposed to 4 or 5 going overland.

At first I thought I had got thge ticket for 690 baht return but on the payment screen they suddenly want to hit me for another 3,090 baht which they call administration / other fees.

MM

Whats the website address

MM

Whats the website address

http://www.fireflyz.com.my/deals/weekly

MM

You have done well to get a quote of 3,780baht. I've checked various date combinations during the week because its for a visa run. The best I can do is 667 MYR. Still, it does avoid the boring land journey.

You have done well to get a quote of 3,780baht. I've checked various date combinations during the week because its for a visa run. The best I can do is 667 MYR. Still, it does avoid the boring land journey.

I managed to get that quote departing Tuesday the 24th April and returning Thursday the 26th April

MM

I managed to get that quote departing Tuesday the 24th April and returning Thursday the 26th April

MM

How can they charge 20+20USD for fuel surcharge is beyound immagination...

Nowadays it seems that plane ticket never include fuel, so why not charge extra for the seat.....

Fuel surcharge as the word tell means to pay more IF the fuel is gone up AFTER the ticket payment.

Asking it at the same time they create the ticket cost is treating people like idiots :-(

-m

ps: total fees to samui is 300 MYR, like 3000 bath........

• 2 years later...

<However, profitability remains an issue to sustain operations. A recent report says Firefly suffered losses of RM10mil in 2007 and <RM12.4mil last year.

<It also says flights to five destinations, namely Kota Baru, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Phuket and "Koh Samui" have been suspended <from March 29 as part of Firefly's cutback exercise.

Firefly penang to Koh Samui CANCELLED.

Quote above is from their site .