Thailand Billionaire Keen to Restart Tourism

webfact

An awful lot of venom directed to this totally misunderstood knight in a 200.000 baht suit.  You terrible posters have no idea of the pain and anguish he hasn't suffered.  It makes me wonder bout whole I  am posting with.  ????

On 5/15/2020 at 2:18 AM, bkk6060 said:

?

You ever hear of China?

There really is not going to be much other choice.

Like it or not, I guarantee by Sept./Oct. this place will be flooded with Chinese.

Depressing and in turn will put alot of people off. 

56 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Depressing and in turn will put alot of people off. 

It doesn't matter. 30% of the world is SE Asian. They've lived cheek by jowl for centuries.

Edited by Traubert

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

But wealthy tourist want more than Somtam and a stroll down walking street, Thailand has to change what it has to offer to pull-in the wealthy... take a look at the "wealthy hotspots" around the southern Med areas

you cannot compete on the same level.

The bare minimum would be an automatic permanent residence when buying a high-end holiday home. An automatic work permit and 100% company ownership as well. The wealthy tend to like doing business even when on holiday. That's how they got wealthy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The bare minimum would be an automatic permanent residence when buying a high-end holiday home. An automatic work permit and 100% company ownership as well. The wealthy tend to like doing business even when on holiday. That's how they got wealthy.

The wealthy are still in the same category as the rest of us... "give us your money and go home"!

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

The wealthy are still in the same category as the rest of us... "give us your money and go home"!

Yeah. The point of being wealthy is to have privileges. Why go to a place that treats you like hoi polloi, when others are meeting you at the airport with a red carpet?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fruitman said:

Exactly, and guess what? That transformer is around the corner of our house in a hi-so mubahn where many Thai have a car that costs more than 100.000 usd...

And this transformer is less than 3 years old because the previous one exploded totally with a big bang 3 years ago.

Guess what, "Made in China"........  They're like fire crackers where i live, just wait till it starts raining...... it's like something out of Boris Karlof film....... Bzzzzzbbzzzzzzz BOOM !  

• Haha 1

all the regulars are now potless and in food queues so wont be going anywhere for years

250 million chinese have had a 10-50% paycut if they have a job even

Edited by 3NUMBAS

On 5/15/2020 at 6:27 AM, webfact said:

Mr Dhanin proposed the government attract high-spending tourists from across the world by highlighting Thailand's success in containing the spread of Covid-19.

Ah, the dream, the dream. Those rich tourists are out there, all looking for a place to go. All is not lost!

On 5/15/2020 at 6:27 AM, webfact said:

He said now is the time for Thailand to shift its tourism image from "quantity to quality".

He's obviously not referring to "air quality" during tourist season. ???? It seems the chairman of the kingdom's largest agriculture conglomerate is more interested in the profits of slash and burn agriculture model then quality of life for the lowly peasants he employs at below living wage. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 5:36 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Soon the streets are full again with these Indian Millionaires flashing around these thick bundles of crisp 20 bht bills.

Funnily enough I knew one expat who always had a very fat wallet with nothing but 20 baht notes in it.

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2020 at 6:47 AM, overherebc said:

He refused to give me any antibiotics or tablets to cure me. Very poor service.

The probable reason why the doctor did not give An anti biotic was because the illness was nothing more than a bad cold and antibiotics will not cure it.

Unlike Thailand where antibiotics are dished out for any and all symptoms the British NHS is a much more adept and responsible organisation.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 6:47 AM, overherebc said:

Pre virus I was reliably informed by a Thai who had returned from studying in UK that the service from the UK doctor was very poor. When I asked why? I was told she had gone to the doctor with very bad flu ( remember pre virus ) and the doctor had suggested I just stay home, rest, drink lots of fluids etc. He refused to give me any antibiotics or tablets to cure me. Very poor service.

This post reminds me of an earlier one Some months ago wherein a Thai returning from the UK after studying here was purported to have been subjected to very bad Racist treatment by Immigration, and the police Amongst others, all of it a complete fabrication and lies.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:27 PM, webfact said:

BANGKOK: Billionaire Dhanin Chearavanont, chairman of Charoen Pokphand, is urging the government to relax lockdown measures and welcome foreign travellers as soon as possible, and turn the country into a "safe haven" for wealthy visitors.

That is magnanimous of him, isn't it.  Did he get an honorary doctorate of medicine from some school he funded or does he have no expertise at all when it comes to public health?

I'm

28 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

The probable reason why the doctor did not give An anti biotic was because the illness was nothing more than a bad cold and antibiotics will not cure it.

Unlike Thailand where antibiotics are dished out for any and all symptoms the British NHS is a much more adept and responsible organisation.

Well, mmm,     yes

• 4 weeks later...

YANKS FOR NOTHING 

British holidaymakers will be banned from US for MONTHS and maybe until vaccine ready, top coronavirus official warns.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/980633/brit-holidaymakers-banned-america-months-fauci/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

So tourists may not be returning to Thailand anytime soon.

• Confused 1