Are You An Alcoholic?

Neeranam

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, I am. 

Thank you for being up front about it and i hope you are doing something about it.

I know it is a very serious matter and it looks to me you are reaching out for help.

What steps have you taken so far?(if you don't mind telling us that is).

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Thank you for being up front about it and i hope you are doing something about it.

I know it is a very serious matter and it looks to me you are reaching out for help.

What steps have you taken so far?(if you don't mind telling us that is).

Which part makes you think I am reaching out for help?

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So, you're not an alcoholic. I see you have been to the depth of hell with your drinking. How on Earth did you survive, getting up twice a night to pee! No wonder you decided to stop drinking. 

Never was one mate .. Never relied or needed booze .. Getting up at night for a p*ss was enough motivation to not bother with it as I got older .. It is of no concern if alcohol never passed my lips again which is why I can quite happily walk into a bar anywhere and drink non alcohol stuff .. 

2 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Never was one mate .. Never relied or needed booze .. Getting up at night for a p*ss was enough motivation to not bother with it as I got older .. It is of no concern if alcohol never passed my lips again which is why I can quite happily walk into a bar anywhere and drink non alcohol stuff .. 

I see, fair enough. I'm just a bit surprised why you would need to read a bunch of questions if you know already. Maybe, I'll post in the Ladies in Thailand forum saying I'm a man :cheesy: 

• Haha 1

I have a dear friend here[72] who is totally reformed. But sadly he is not the happy but Alcohol Dependant person he was, and i find myself thinking perhaps he should have carried on and passed away his old funny harmless self. I realy dont know.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I see, fair enough. I'm just a bit surprised why you would need to read a bunch of questions if you know already. Maybe, I'll post in the Ladies in Thailand forum saying I'm a man :cheesy: 

Fair enough .. You had a subject to present that I am not mocking .. Dependency or issues with Alcohol are to be taken seriously and if you are in need then get help with it .. It is the strength of mind you need to retain control of your life rather than let the dependency control you .. If you find that you will overcome it .. 

I drink 4 or 5 times a week. Probably drunk 3 of those times, to varying degrees.

Im happy, no ones bothered by it.  So why care what label i have or do not have.

i work 5 days a week (obviously not at the moment) but that doesnt make me a workaholic, even though i have issues with it.

I am a teetotaller ???? my health is doing wonderfully well, but I know not drinking any alcohol at all could annoy some people, which besides I do not understand, since for my age it is better for my sleep???? and my memory ???? and my physical resistance????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I havn't read any of it , but i geuss nobody will answer with yes because a real alcoholic is always in denial . 

If that was true then no need for AA

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Frankly, I'm sad to see that some here find the topic of alcoholism a joke.

This is a sub-forum entitled "I drink too much".

if you are not concerned, why are you reading this?

I am a life long non drinker, but it has had an effect on me all my life. My UK ex wife is an alcoholic, what a difference being with my Thai wife who never drinks.

I have been around alcohol and drunks in my home, and at my work, so I do have an opinion. I would say that if anyone cannot go a day without alcohol, then they have a problem, although perhaps having a glass of wine every day with their meal is probably OK.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Now I can understand the aversion of people to the attitude of some alcoholics. 

But don't understand their aversion to all alcoholics, even for those who behave gently. 

After 55 years of drinking, and at 71+, I still like to be drunk 1 to 3 times a week. 

Never had a problem with myself, or others. 

So far. 

It's good that you can sometimes be a drunk and never have a problem, but have you ever thought about the state your liver must be in?

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 12:26 PM, Oldie said:

You must be very worried that you are an alcoholic if you read this long question. Otherwise you would not care. 

Because non-alcoholics cannot be curious? What a self-absorbed/sanctimonious ... individual you are.

Edited by Dap

50 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

There is only 1 type of person who would answer ‘No’ to any one of those questions...

....and that would be a dead person.

I'm still very much alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It's good that you can sometimes be a drunk and never have a problem, but have you ever thought about the state your liver must be in?

After 55 years of drinking and at 71+ (and never had a problem). I mean really, how concerned can one be??

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am a life long non drinker, but it has had an effect on me all my life. My UK ex wife is an alcoholic, what a difference being with my Thai wife who never drinks.

I have been around alcohol and drunks in my home, and at my work, so I do have an opinion. I would say that if anyone cannot go a day without alcohol, then they have a problem, although perhaps having a glass of wine every day with their meal is probably OK.

Well then, I guess the French people are all ok then eh?

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

During these times of shut-down and quarantine and extreme boredom, Curiosity isn't enough?

Edited by Dap

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Can you?

Yes I can -  I suffered from many symptoms caused by DTs, hallucinations etc. My point is that many heavy drinkers don't understand what an alcoholic is. 

One could drink every day for 20 years and NOT be an alcoholic. 

40 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I havn't read any of it , but i geuss nobody will answer with yes because a real alcoholic is always in denial . 

I am a real alcoholic and not in denial. I answered 'yes' to all the questions.