Sign here

Shot

3 minutes ago, federicoP said:

As far as I have understood, Thai Chana is not an app and does not need to be installed on your phone.

My experience yesterday at Central Festival :
Entering in a shop, you scan the qr code, open the relevant web site, put a telephone number (or any number) on the site page and push some green button.
When you exit from the shop, you scan again the qr code, connect to the site, and push an orange button.

That is all.

I have strong doubts about the benefits of this quite complicated procedure.
But, also considering that may put any telephone number on the site, it does not look to be a substantial loss of my freedom (also considering that google maps is already keeping all my whereabouts of the last few years and I never cared to delete them .........) 

I do not have access to the internet on my phone, do you need the internet for this to work?

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

I do not have access to the internet on my phone, do you need the internet for this to work?

Yes, in this case you have to write by hand your name and telephone number.

That is less technological but also easier and faster ????
Just suggest to bring your own pen.....

Edited by federicoP
spelling error
  • Like 1

Is the QR code malarkey for everyone to conform or only 1 in a family/group etc ??

Yesterday at a Big C complex we ( the gf and I ) were prompted to “ check in “ while it was being explained to the gf I just lent forward and took a photo ????

810128CD-3859-4B88-9EE5-94ABD9A7CB42.thumb.jpeg.bd2bb370b23c22d7d2b7143e657707a4.jpeg

Several people got tired of waiting and walked round us !!

TBH it is a quick process and the gf showed me afterward , I will probably do it next time but not sure if everyone or 1 per family ??

They've stopped at my Lotus Express, but are now doing it at BigC and some 7-11s. As I mentioned earlier, I've become addicted to hand sanitizer, so I spend my day roaming from 7-11 to 7-11 getting my fix, and using a dirty pen to sign in.

Mike Oxsmall 0835551212

On 5/17/2020 at 11:22 AM, Lacessit said:

Not being asked to do this in Chiang Rai.

If the OP gives a pseudonym with the correct phone number, he could be in bother. He is traceable by the phone SIM, and farangs have their passport numbers registered.

Proper 'tin foil hat - they're coming to get me' S#!t that is....  ????