Sign here

Shot

I feel certain that all of Thailand will soon enough be automated to record your every movement...cell phone tracking will be a good way for them to start with micro-chip implants and universal facial  recognition to follow.

Welcome to the new normal in paradise!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bodga said:

Do you then burn the clothes, set fire to the house and exterminate the neighbours, can't be too safe you  know!

I expect you are reading this from under the bed in the bunker.

Wow just as hyper vigilant as one should be .    

8 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I feel certain that all of Thailand will soon enough be automated to record your every movement...cell phone tracking will be a good way for them to start with micro-chip implants and universal facial  recognition to follow.

Welcome to the new normal in paradise!

I think the app to track where people were is a good thing (during corvid) after that its an invasion of privacy.  But i guess a lot of tinfoil hat people will not agree. Privacy is one thing but tracking contagion or corvid couldbe a great tool. 

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Not being asked to do this in Chiang Rai.

If the OP gives a pseudonym with the correct phone number, he could be in bother. He is traceable by the phone SIM, and farangs have their passport numbers registered.

My sim is in the Wife's name. 

also, it is easy to give a false number, just change one number. Did you notice the number the Op gave......:tongue:

3 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

My sim is in the Wife's name. 

also, it is easy to give a false number, just change one number. Did you notice the number the Op gave......:tongue:

So last night when I had to use the QR code reader, or write my number and address down, from the Line App at the Central Silom Mall, and not the Government app, it took my phone to a page where it asked for your phone number.  If you did not put in the number correctly it kept rejecting it and the security personnel would not let you move forward.  Therefore a line started to form.  Then at Tops they wanted you to scan there QR code.  This is going to be a real PITA....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So last night when I had to use the QR code reader, or write my number and address down, from the Line App at the Central Silom Mall, and not the Government app, it took my phone to a page where it asked for your phone number.  If you did not put in the number correctly it kept rejecting it and the security personnel would not let you move forward.  Therefore a line started to form.  Then at Tops they wanted you to scan there QR code.  This is going to be a real PITA....

Same for me at Big C. But without Line and only Facebook Lite, scan not working, I was allowed to enter without any of that. My wife has a phone without anything, just a phone, I very much doubt they'll keep her out.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Same for me at Big C. But without Line and only Facebook Lite, scan not working, I was allowed to enter without any of that. My wife has a phone without anything, just a phone, I very much doubt they'll keep her out.

It is just like I expected would happen, with the apps working for some and not for others.  It is the Thai Government after all who has designed the interface or maybe I am wrong...

12 hours ago, zzzzz said:

exactly,

its for your safety, as if someone is later diagnosed with the virus they have everyone that was in the general area at the same time, so can contact you and have you go in for test>
I see nothing wrong with being cautious

Giving a fake name, # is childish

But it's not for that, it's so they can spy on your every move, know when you even take a <deleted>....supermarkets have been doing it for years with their loyalty cards...and let's not even get onto Facebook users, will post their whole life storey and movements on the internet for the world to see...it's all a big conspiracy don't you know.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, SteveK said:

Never gave out my name when getting my Thai sim.

Out of interest, you have provived your passport details to the phone company so that the phone will work or have you registered the phone under your wife/gf name?

12 hours ago, Stadtler said:

No.

I wear a mask.  My son wears a mask and they are N95.  When we come home, we assume that we are covered in virus so we wash our hands, remove our masks, strip off all clothing, and then take showers.  We don't contaminate the condo. 

I don't expect to get it just because I was near someone who had it.

I assume everyone has it.

You should nuke the condo from orbit.

Its the only way to be sure.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stadtler said:

No.

I wear a mask.  My son wears a mask and they are N95.  When we come home, we assume that we are covered in virus so we wash our hands, remove our masks, strip off all clothing, and then take showers.  We don't contaminate the condo. 

I don't expect to get it just because I was near someone who had it.

I assume everyone has it.

What's any of that got to do with your original post asking what's to stop someone giving false information?

2 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Couldn't care less about having to sign in or show my ID, can imagine it only affects those with something to hide.

It is not about the tracking in reality for me, its the extra PITA of waiting in line at each and every location, when they can get all of the info they need from the SIM card your phone has, easy enough to see who was in an area at one time.  My guess is they want to make it easier on themselves.  It is already stupid enough to be kept from swimming but yet the malls are now open... 

4 minutes ago, finnsk said:

Covid restrictions is a vet dream to all countries who like to controle their citicens.

All this phone app information can also be used to control and find political opponents. 

Shall we pay with our freedom, in the name of Covid ?

we already are!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shot said:

Mike Hunt 0831234567

Oh was that you. As I was walking in to the Lotus but at the front stopped to use the QR or write down my details.

Well after spoiling the alcohol spray over the pen (you had to see their faces) and upon writing I saw on the same page

Mike Hunt 0831234567 ฝรั่งกับเสื้อกล้ามสีชมพู

????

They started do the same here at Lotus, and if I recall Lotus was also one of the first to enforce the use of masks.

Pretty sure others will follow.

Was even thinking about buying a stamp with my nickname and a email address for spams so I could stamp on entry, avoiding using the phone or touching the pen.

did phuket news get it wrong?

On entering the malls, visitors must install the Thai Chana app to help health officials with any possible tracking of visitors that may be required, she added.

“We have also launched a new function in Line @centralLife for customers to register. It will track customers and warn them when they are approaching two hours here. Customers are notified to comply with the guidelines on cleanliness measures,” she said.

I dont own a smart phone, just a 7 year old Nokia 700

that still allows me to call, receive calls and send, receive sms messages, what else do i need a phone for ?  ????

“There are more than 5,000 foreign tourists still in Phuket, and there are 10,000 foreigners who live and work here. English-language communication about COVID-19 preventive measures must be added for foreigners,” he said.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/masses-venture-out-as-phuket-shopping-malls-re-open-76091.php?fbclid=IwAR3kp3G2BED19NshNyGaD2wskAyQQick73xs3THCPdzBKTterq7MAqyDI68

didn't know there were that many tourists still here

2 hours ago, schlog said:

After doing the usual big show i hope that this sign/scan nonsense will head the same direction like speeding cams/bomb detections. Junkyard!

Yes, I was thinking the same.  How long will stores and malls be vigilant about this?

At Lotus again. Just as I pulled in a westerner walked up, when they pointed at the sign-in sheet and handed him the pen, he was outta there. ZING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ben Dover 0837654321

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

did phuket news get it wrong?

I dont own a smart phone, just a 7 year old Nokia 700

that still allows me to call, receive calls and send, receive sms messages, what else do i need a phone for ?  ????

didn't know there were that many tourists still here

Your quote is from where?

14 hours ago, beechbum said:

"On entering the malls, visitors must install the Thai Chana app"

From where?

As far as I have understood, Thai Chana is not an app and does not need to be installed on your phone.

My experience yesterday at Central Festival :
Entering in a shop, you scan the qr code, open the relevant web site, put a telephone number (or any number) on the site page and push some green button.
When you exit from the shop, you scan again the qr code, connect to the site, and push an orange button.

That is all.

I have strong doubts about the benefits of this quite complicated procedure.
But, also considering that may put any telephone number on the site, it does not look to be a substantial loss of my freedom (also considering that google maps is already keeping all my whereabouts of the last few years and I never cared to delete them .........)

• Thanks 1