Hollowroof

northsouthdevide

I'm looking for a new roof solution, and was originally trying to find out if I could apply a sheet metal roof to some sort of treated plywood. 

In the process, I stumbled upon a sheet metal type roof made from upvc called hollow roof. 

I was wondering if any TV members had any experience with this product, and any feedback would be very welcome. Thanks in advance

Haven't got that far with it yet, as not ready to buy yet, so don't want to phone and ask. 

I only stumbled upon it today, but have noted it down as a possibility. 

It says on the pic 360baht, but don't know if that's per m2 or linear metre  or wishful thinking, per sheet ????

• Like 1

I wonder what the R value is - Need to change a car port style roof as its has no insulation and gets super hot when the sun is hitting it full on for hours.

Thanks for the price info - probably per m^2 .. or whatever  is the highest unit cost

3 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

Thanks for the link. 

I have a tin roof on my carport that has thin insulation under it. 

Its north facing, so no issues with heat, but bad noise in heavy rain. 

That stuff you showed me looks much more what I'm looking for. 

2 hours ago, rvaviator said:

I wonder what the R value is - Need to change a car port style roof as its has no insulation and gets super hot when the sun is hitting it full on for hours.

Thanks for the price info - probably per m^2 .. or whatever  is the highest unit cost

Several threads on here to do with Bluescope Colourbond steel roofing sheets with insulation with quite a few posters personal experience.

This was one of the older threads with more recent one I think Jan this year and one July last year - 

I was looking around yesterday to replace a canopy and noticed in Thai Watsadu they had a display of a white UPVC insulated roof sheet from VG but unfortunately no details in English or prices - and by then I was fed up looking :dry:

• Like 1

The composite sheet from the link is sort of what I was looking for when I come across the upvc. 

Reading the comments from the op in 2017, that sounds like what I want. 

Thanks very much everyone for your replies. 

Ive been a member for years, but only really started using this site since the lockdown. 

Looks like I've missed out on a lot of good practical advice. 

If you are in Chiang Mai the best (and cheapest) place to buy the Colorbond with bonded 25mm insulation is this place. There are other resellers around the city, but all that I found are much more expensive. I now have it on my main house, my guest accommodation, and it's just being installed on my carport as I type!
Quiet and cool, and something like B400 per square meter including fixings, flashings and delivery, but not installation (the workers who built the roof frames have done my installations).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

Thanks for the link. 

I have a tin roof on my carport that has thin insulation under it. 

Its north facing, so no issues with heat, but bad noise in heavy rain. 

That stuff you showed me looks much more what I'm looking for. 

If it suits the ambience of your house just get some locals to put some palm frond roofing on top of your tin roof.  

If it was heat you were trying to mitigate simply put another layer of tin 25 - 50 mm on top of existing. Same theory/principle as old LandRover safari roof.

img_3857_2819.jpg