Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Failure to stream on any video player with Stremio on Android box

Featured Replies

As the title says, with my Stremio on an Android Box connected to a tv, with found sources it fails to play on ANY video player.

I've even installed additional ones to test.

I've tried all the solutions I've found online

Checked speed (OK)

Tried with VPN on and off with different VPN countries

Cleared cache

Reinstalled Stremio

Fails, fails, and more faiils.

Interestingly it does work with my Strremio installed on a PC

So my kludge for now is to cast streams from my PC to the Android box.

That works but is obviously inconvenient.

For some reason it fails to cast though directly to my Smart Samsung tv (not so smart).

I'm at a loss as to what to try next to get it streaming again directly on the Android box.

I guess I could try resetting the Android box but as I've got a kludge I won't be doing that.

Any ideas?

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As the title says, with my Stremio on an Android Box connected to a tv, with found sources it fails to play on ANY video player.

I've even installed additional ones to test.

I've tred all the solutions I've found online

Checked speed (OK)

Tried with VPN on and off with different VPN countries

Clearred cache

Reinstalled Stremio

Fails, fails, and more faiils.

Interesting it does work with my Strremio installed on a PC

So my kludge for now is to cast streams from my PC to the Android box.

That works but if obviously inconvenient.

For some reason it fails to case though directly to my Smart Samsung tv (not so smart).

I'm at a losss what to try next to get it streaming again directly on the Android box.

Advertisement

Any ideas?

Why not connect the PC to the TV...?

  • Author
1 minute ago, Storkit said:

Why not connect the PC to the TV...?

It's connected in the network already.

The problem is to play any video I need to go to the PC (not a laptop) to cast videos to the Android box,. An extra step. Sneaker net as it were.

When it used to work I could do everything with my remote controlling the Android box.

OK the current kludge is not that bad but as it;'s not casting to the TV which is also on the list of connected devices, I'm concerned that it will stop working to cast to the box.

That would be very bad because then only streaming and watching on my PC would be lieft.

So I do want to fix this but I don't knowhow.

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's connected in the network already.

The problem is to play any video I need to go to the PC (not a laptop) to cast videos to the Android box,. An extra step. Sneaker net as it were.

When it used to work I could do everything with my remote controlling the Android box.

It costs 100 baht per month to maintain a reliable system. If you insist on it being free, you are limited to whatever free sources are available.

  • Author
Just now, Storkit said:

It costs 100 baht per month to maintain a reliable system. If you insist on it being free, you are limited to whatever free sources are available.

This isn't at all about available sources for streaming!

That isn't the problem at all.

The available sources play perfectly on my PC and then I can cast them to my Android box to watch on tv.

The sources also all show up on the Android box.

The problem is that the available streams on the Android won't play on ANY video player.

You might want to open a new topic to discuss what you're talking about.

Nothing to do with this topic.

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This isn't at all about available sources for streaming!

That isn't the problem at all.

The available sources play perfectly on my PC and then I can cast them to my Android box to watch on tv.

The sources also all show up on the Android box.

The problem is that the available streams on the Android won't play on ANY video player.

You might want to open a new topic to discuss what you're talking about.

Nothing to do with this topic.

Of course you know it better, as always.

I'm referring to a system that works on Android boxes, reliably. Yours does not. The fact that it works on a TV doesn't solve your issue. if you want free, then I'll happily leave you with it.

The other option of going through troubleshooting with you, I decided against. I don't need to expand on the why.

The easiest and most reliable solution, is what I stated. If you want it free, you are on your own.

  • Author
1 minute ago, Storkit said:

Of course you know it better, as always.

I'm referring to a system that works on Android boxes, reliably. Yours does not. The fact that it works on a TV doesn't solve your issue. if you want free, then I'll happily leave you with it.

The other option of going through troubleshooting with you, I decided against. I don't need to expand on the why.

The easiest and most reliable solution, is what I stated. If you want it free, you are on your own.

Maybe I misunderstood you,

What 100 baht service for reliable Android boxes are you referring to exactly?'

I would be very interested to hear about it,

If you are unwilling to say, maybe some other read knows what you're talking about.

Edited by Jingthing

I've gone legit, Netflix, HBO, Prime, SPOTVNow, inexpensive and 100% reliable. Getting dodgy apk files etc etc was becoming a ball ache

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe I misunderstood you,

What 100 baht service for reliable Android boxes are you referring to exactly?'

I would be very interested to hear about it,

I've lost interest. You like to argue and so it isn't a pleasure to help you.

  • Author
Just now, Storkit said:

I've lost interest. You like to argue and so it isn't a pleasure to help you.

So that leaves me skeptical that you really even had that 100 baht magic solution.

Up to you either way.

Cheers.

  • Author
4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've gone legit, Netflix, HBO, Prime, SPOTVNow, inexpensive and 100% reliable. Getting dodgy apk files etc etc was becoming a ball ache

Good for you!

I thought Storkit was talking about that which isn't the topic, but now he says he was talking about something else.

I can't read minds.

  • Author

I will add that I have a relatively "higher end" Android box if that makes any difference.

I did an AI search and all I could find that might remotely be related to this mysterious secret knowledge about a 100 baht a month solution was related to deals where you pay a guy (usually Russian) to set you and fully load your biox, maybe with a subsciption involved.

Is that what he was talking about?

I always thought such deals were for very computer illiterate people.

Edited by Jingthing

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So that leaves me skeptical that you really even had that 100 baht magic solution.

Up to you either way.

Cheers.

Q.E.D.

You think that I would make up a 100 baht solution? So what would I have done if you showed interest in response? That's the way your brain works and why I decided that I didn't want to waste too much of my time with such a character, trying to second guess me all the time. Best I leave you to your own devices.

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Good for you!

I thought Storkit was talking about that which isn't the topic, but now he says he was talking about something else.

I can't read minds.

I wasn't. That's what you get for jumping to conclusions.

  • Author
Just now, Storkit said:

Q.E.D.

You think that I would make up a 100 baht solution? So what would I have done if you showed interest in response? That's the way your brain works and why I decided that I didn't want to waste too much of my time with such a character, trying to second guess me all the time. Best I leave you to your own devices.

Yet you continue to post on this topic. Funny,

No of course that you do have something which you won't share out of SPITE and yes I acknowledged that there was maybe a misunderstanding about what you were talking about

It's not a good look.

Again I can't read minds.

Yes I am now quite literally left to my own divides! Good one.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

No I think that have something which you won't share out of SPITE

I wouldn't say SPITE, but there is definitely an element of not being impressed with your behaviour.

I continue to post, as you continue to quote me.

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Storkit said:

I wasn't. That's what you get for jumping to conclusions.

It's called a very understandable misunderstanding,.

  • Author
Just now, Storkit said:

I wouldn't say SPITE, but there is definitely an element of not being impressed with your behaviour.

I continue to post, as you continue to quote me.

I'm not impressed with your behavior either mate.

I'm sure you're more technical than i am.

That's why I came on here seeking more expertise.

I never said I wasn't willing to pay 100 baht a month,

YOU made that assumption.

Within a year or so we'll have AI models smarter than any human who has ever lived.

Then we'll both be techincal morons.

Enjoy.

Edited by Jingthing

Just now, Jingthing said:

I'm not impressed with your behavior either mate.

That's why it's best to part ways, with me not wasting my valuable time on someone whom I don't appear to like. Ciao!

Maybe someone else will think you worthy of their time.

  • Author
3 minutes ago, Storkit said:

That's why it's best to part ways, with me not wasting my valuable time on someone whom I don't appear to like. Ciao!

Maybe someone else will think you worthy of their time.

Yeah but maybe you really are the only one here with this magical secret knowledge which you won't share so you get the rather sick satisfaction to stick it to someone you don't like.

Comes off as petty, pathetic and obnoxious to me,

Edited by Jingthing

  • Author

OK, I found a number of youtube videos that might help me troubleshoot this.

Not in the mood to look at them yet, but if I find something that works, I will happily share that info here to one and all regardless of whether you are a "pleasant" person or not.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah but maybe you really are the only one here with this magical secret knowledge which you won't share so you get the rather sick satisfaction to stick it to someone you don't like.

Comes off as petty, pathetic and obnoxious to me,

Go on, get it all out. Though understand, the thing that I didn't want to expand on, is being demonstrated by you here. Thank you for helping to strengthen my resolve.

It's not magical secret knowledge. Anyone here who understands and likes you enough, might help you.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

As the title says, with my Stremio on an Android Box connected to a tv, with found sources it fails to play on ANY video player.

I've even installed additional ones to test.

I've tried all the solutions I've found online

Checked speed (OK)

Tried with VPN on and off with different VPN countries

Cleared cache

Reinstalled Stremio

Fails, fails, and more faiils.

Interestingly it does work with my Strremio installed on a PC

So my kludge for now is to cast streams from my PC to the Android box.

That works but is obviously inconvenient.

For some reason it fails to cast though directly to my Smart Samsung tv (not so smart).

I'm at a loss as to what to try next to get it streaming again directly on the Android box.

I guess I could try resetting the Android box but as I've got a kludge I won't be doing that.

Advertisement

Any ideas?

Your not alone same with Kodi for me

Got all my direct downloads from Black Joseph, Troypoint and a few others, onto a Google TV or Firestick with disconnection of any playstore or Google updates there are more workarounds required for firestick now due to remote blocking but still working.

  • Author

Anyway, if I can't fix this and I need to continue to sneaker net to cast streams, I will be getting more "exercise" so maybe this bug is a feature?

  • Author
3 minutes ago, Storkit said:

Go on, get it all out. Though understand, the thing that I didn't want to expand on, is being demonstrated by you here. Thank you for helping to strengthen my resolve.

It's not magical secret knowledge. Anyone here who understands and likes you enough, might help you.

Whatever dude!

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Anyway, if I can't fix this and I need to continue to sneaker net to cast streams, I will be getting more "exercise" so maybe this bug is a feature?

If you download Adblink' to your PC you can with minimal effort send APK' downloads direct to firestick Google TV or android box that's on the same network🤔

  • Author
1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

If you download Adblink' to your PC you can with minimal effort send APK' downloads direct to firestick Google TV or android box that's on the same network🤔

Thanks but I already have a very easy to use casting solution from my PC to my android box

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 4

  • Rickyoz
  • sammieuk1
  • scubascuba3
  • Storkit

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.