Hygeinic procedure when wearing masks to restaurants

Jingthing

Just now, Jingthing said:

Absolutely not! 

It's very sincere though predictably most of the replies are on the trollish side. 

But I think it's worth it as mask procedures in restaurants is now a real question as the restaurants are opening. 

You sit are your place, when the food comes, take your mask off and eat. When finished, replace mask, pay and leave. Is it that difficult?! 

I had lunch at the local noodle place monday. Open air at the end of the condo drive. I should say restaurant. It's an upscale noodle place, and yes they have those. Roofed but open air, open sides, and that is a plus, as all us amateur epidemiologist know now. 

As for your trolling, if it's good for you, make it your friend.

7 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Detail: On the table next to my cigarettes. No need to observe any hygiene procedures as staff wipe the table down with disinfectant before and after use.

There are zero people with Covid-19 in Pattaya. A percentage of all Covid-19 sufferers require hospital treatment and a percentage of those subsequently die. If you have people who are asymptomatic in the community you will also have people in hospital and you will have a small number dying.

In Chonburi province, no one is in hospital, no one has died recently, ergo no Covid-19 in Pattaya. This pandemic has made us all paranoid, its over for us, time to put it behind you and start enjoying life again. Have a good run out on a baht bus, you know that you want to! 555

I'm not going to argue with you anymore about your belief that the virus is gone here. 

So great you put it on the table. 

Inner side up or down? 

Research is pointing to breathing in droplets as the highest risk of infection. 

Oh, my. That's three months old, and a big part of the problem.. You wonder why people assume you are trolling. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

You sit are your place, when the food comes, take your mask off and eat. When finished, replace mask, pay and leave. Is it that difficult?! 

I had lunch at the local noodle place monday. Open air at the end of the condo drive. I should say restaurant. It's an upscale noodle place, and yes they have those. Roofed but open air, open sides, and that is a plus, as all us amateur epidemiologist know now. 

As for your trolling, if it's good for you, make it your friend.

Stop accusing me of trolling. 

This is a very sincere topic. 

Please given more details. 

You put your mask where exactly? 

Inside faced up or down? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not going to argue with you anymore about your belief that the virus is gone here. 

So great you put it on the table. 

Inner side up or down? 

I can't remember, it doesn't matter, as I explained.

2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I can't remember, it doesn't matter, as I explained.

So if it did matter how would you place your mask? 

Thinking about this perhaps the best way would be on a napkin with the inside facing up. 

But not sure which is why I'm asking people. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Oh, my. That's three months old, and a big part of the problem.. You wonder why people assume you are trolling. 

Again. 

Not trolling. 

This is a sincere topic.

Here is evidence about the primary risk of infection being breathing in droplets. 

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/modes-of-transmission-of-virus-causing-covid-19-implications-for-ipc-precaution-recommendations

Respiratory infections can be transmitted through droplets of different sizes: when the droplet particles are >5-10 μm in diameter they are referred to as respiratory droplets, and when then are <5μm in diameter, they are referred to as droplet nuclei.1 According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes.

Edited by Jingthing

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You put your mask where exactly? 

Inside faced up or down? 

I put my mask on the table, outside touching the table. Mine is the kind I could fold in half so the inside didn’t show. However I suggest you put it out of sight if possible as it’s kind of gross. Just figure masks are like handkerchiefs stuck to everyone’s face. To me, they don’t require all this protocol. Just stick the thing on your face and go.

• Like 1

A little anecdote, easily forgotten, from the beginning. A women wearing a mask, is pushed into by a big lurch, saying ‘hey what are you, a nurse’ laughing. New York City. Three months later, 16,000 dead, as of today, more to come. When it is over we will think about how they brought a lot of it on themselves. Dumb and ignorant is nothing to be proud of. Yeah, ok, maybe they were Jets fans, but.

• Like 1

Stay home, Im more worried about the hygiene of these restaurants and their staff using the same gloves picking their noses and not washing the pots and pans properly, Is their food fresh? I cant imagine them throwing stuff away also not refrigerated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I put my mask on the table, outside touching the table. However I suggest you put it out of sight if possible as it’s kind of gross. Just figure masks are like handkerchiefs stuck to everyone’s face. To me, they don’t require all this protocol. Just stick the thing on your face and go.

Hand hygiene before putting on and taking off masks is standard. Ask any medical professional. No controversy about that whatsoever. 

Outside touching the table. 

Yeah that does make sense. 

You're right used masks are gross. 

I saw a video suggesting to view them like dirty underwear. 

Not a nice thought though to put dirty underwear on the table where you eat. 

Did I say three months well,  the date on that ------>>>>> "29 March 2020" but they were saying it all through March

Not fake news, plain wrong. And that has been known in the medical community from the Anchorage Alaska Air flight, 1977 study, and US military flight 1983 (?) That is a long time.

Wow, what a mountain out of a molehill. 

When you sit down in an eatery, you take off your mask. Period. End of story. 

When you leave, if you are in a crowded place, you put your mask back on; if you are in a parking lot getting on/in your vehicle, don't put it on (there is no requirement or usefulness in wearing a mask on a motorbike or a private car). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Did I say three months well,  the date on that ------>>>>> "29 March 2020" but they were saying it all through March

Not fake news, plain wrong. And that has been known in the medical community from the Anchorage Alaska Air flight, 1977 study, and US military flight 1983 (?) That is a long time.

No idea what you are trying to say but again this topic is about masks at restaurants and it is a sincere topic. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Here is evidence about the primary risk of infection being breathing in droplets. 

No one has every claimed it was all caused by "droplets" so famously touted today although certainly some were. The military study of the their early 80's flight said as much also. Old news, but new again.

On March 14, 1977, a woman with the flu climbed aboard a 737 and headed for Kodiak, Alaska, with 53 other passengers and crew. After an engine failed, most of them sat on the runway with the cabin doors shut, and the ventilation system off, for two hours. Within three days, 38 people were sick.

6 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Wow, what a mountain out of a molehill. 

When you leave, if you are in a crowded place, you put your mask back on; if you are in a parking lot getting on/in your vehicle, don't put it on (there is no requirement or usefulness in wearing a mask on a motorbike or a private car). 

Where exactly do you put your mask and how do you position it? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

No one has every claimed it was all caused by "droplets" so famously touted today although certainly some were. The military study of the their early 80's flight said as much also. Old news, but new again.

On March 14, 1977, a woman with the flu climbed aboard a 737 and headed for Kodiak, Alaska, with 53 other passengers and crew. After an engine failed, most of them sat on the runway with the cabin doors shut, and the ventilation system off, for two hours. Within three days, 38 people were sick.

Who said all?!? 

I've lost my patience with toxic diversions and game playing. 

This topic is only for people that have something constructive to say about the actual subject. 

Masks at restaurants. 

Goodbye. 

Just now, Trujillo said:

There you go Jing, I thought I said that, before you went full Tangent. Wait, I did!

Adios.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I am in regular contact with them and get nothing but advice from them. I value their advice more than that of ai Anutin's, Donald Trump's

They advice you to take of your mask and smoke a cigarette in a restaurant?

Yeah sounds like solid advice.

• Like 1

Go into the restaurant with the mask on, take it off when seated at the table. Order the food, eat it. Put the mask back on, pay the bill, leave. It's called following the KISS principle.

15 minutes ago, jvs said:

They advice you to take of your mask and smoke a cigarette in a restaurant?

Yeah sounds like solid advice.

Daughter constantly berates me about my smoking. Her mask advice is sound, she gives mask advice to other nurses. Here she is demonstrating the mask she advises others to wear, a mask not available to NHS nurses, she had to buy her own.

1874918168_WhatsAppImage2020-04-06at13_12_29.thumb.jpeg.54bc3e70779edccbc7e6fa498d07ffb0.jpeg

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Who likes masks? 

That's not the point either way. 

In any case I think you accused me of trolling with this thread. 

Absolutely not! 

It's very sincere though predictably most of the replies are on the trollish side. 

But I think it's worth it as mask procedures in restaurants are now a real question as the restaurants are opening. 

If you're that exercised about it why are you even going out in public? Stay home. Regardless of the propaganda masks won't save you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Daughter constantly berates me about my smoking. Her mask advice is sound, she gives mask advice to other nurses. Here she is demonstrating the mask she advises others to wear, a mask not available to NHS nurses, she had to buy her own.

1874918168_WhatsAppImage2020-04-06at13_12_29.thumb.jpeg.54bc3e70779edccbc7e6fa498d07ffb0.jpeg

Nothing at all to do with the masks for the general public. 

This topic isn't about everything. 

It's focus is quite narrow actually. 

It's about the situation when people are required to wear masks in public and when entering restaurants and the practical details of the best ways to deal with those masks while eating. 

For example lowering the mask to the chin to expose the mouth is not a good practice. 

Just because many people do that doesn't mean they should. 

• Confused 1

I went into Swenson to have ice cream, sign in, then use the gel, order when it came the utensil was wrapped in plastic as if you were on a airplane flight I pull my mask down when finished I use my small bottle of alcohol I carry spray my hands and pull my mask back on. To each his own I don't try to overthink everything just do my best and go with with life.

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I went into Swenson to have ice cream, sign in, then use the gel, order when it came the utensil was wrapped in plastic as if you were on a airplane flight I pull my mask down when finished I use my small bottle of alcohol I carry spray my hands and pull my mask back on. To each his own I don't try to overthink everything just do my best and go with with life.

Again this is known to be a bad practice. 

This is the reason I started this topic 

To seek out better ways to deal with masks when eating in public. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nothing at all to do with the masks for the general public. 

This topic isn't about everything. 

It's focus is quite narrow actually. 

It's about the situation when people are required to wear masks in public and when entering restaurants and the practical details of the best ways to deal with those masks while eating. 

For example lowering the mask to the chin to expose the mouth is not a good practice. 

Just because many people do that doesn't mean they should. 

I was replying to someone who suggested my daughters advice on masks wasn't appropriate as I smoked. My post answered that.

Please wind your neck in, this is not your thread, you are not a mod and don't have the right to dictate to others what to post. If you don't like what other posters are posting put them all on ignore. Simples!

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I was replying to someone who suggested my daughters advice on masks wasn't appropriate as I smoked. My post answered that.

Please wind your neck in, this is not your thread, you are not a mod and don't have the right to dictate to others what to post. If you don't like what other posters are posting put them all on ignore. Simples!

Ignore request granted. 

With pleasure. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1